Viking 2 Update!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

19 Sep 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2017
The way vk2s fm works is kind of over my head

Osc 1- saw

Osc 2- sine

Osc 3- triangle

How is it that the linear FM can be
Linear FM
Osc 1- square

:P

Is it something a long the lines of that's just how modular setups work? Are all oscillators active at all times and that's why you can route FM from "in active" oscillator shapes. Like in my mini example none of my 3 oscillators are square, but some how I can get FM from the square? Lol it's mind blowing to myself
I was curious about the same thing, but all of them seem to be become active, when used. You can use all on the backside at the same time too. The same is for the LFOs. Wicked...
Reason12, Win10

eXode

19 Sep 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Is it something a long the lines of that's just how modular setups work? Are all oscillators active at all times and that's why you can route FM from "in active" oscillator shapes. Like in my mini example none of my 3 oscillators are square, but some how I can get FM from the square? Lol it's mind blowing to myself
Yes, just like most true modular oscillators and LFOs, all waveforms are available att all times, so you can use i.e Osc1 Saw for audio but Osc1 Sine for FM, etc.

Likewise you can use i.e. LFO1 Tri for PWM/Shape, and LFO1 Square for filter modulation.

scratchnsnifff

19 Sep 2017

eXode wrote:
19 Sep 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2017
Yes, just like most true modular oscillators and LFOs, all waveforms are available att all times, so you can use i.e Osc1 Saw for audio but Osc1 Sine for FM, etc.

Likewise you can use i.e. LFO1 Tri for PWM/Shape, and LFO1 Square for filter modulation.

Cool thanks for the input :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Exowildebeest

19 Sep 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Sep 2017
The way vk2s fm works is kind of over my head

Osc 1- saw

Osc 2- sine

Osc 3- triangle

How is it that the linear FM can be
Linear FM
Osc 1- square

:P

Yes they're always running (or always running theoretically, in the digital realm CPU can be saved). FM routing happens before any Amp envelopes are applied.

Edit: already answered before me I see :) I was mislead by the large gap between posts - maybe there would have been an ad there that Adblock blocked? Is Reasontalk doing ads between posts now? That'd be horrible...

Edit: Ouch... Yes it's an ad in between posts, and it leaves a gap even with Adblock on. Blegh.

FLVZ

29 Nov 2017

One thing I'd love to see in a VK2 update/upgrade is the ability to send CV to the effects! Either that or Blamsoft released the effects as a seperate module/rack device which can be utilised in a modular set up. The effects are really good, but sometimes I'm hesitant to start automating their parameters because the sequencer quickly becomes messy, and some patches are made or broken by how the effects are set up.

• Information