Best RE to receive polynotes and resplit them.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

N1 Combinator, is not an RE but I guess is what most people use.
N2 Thor. It nor either a RE but it has a matrix with midi gate-note I/O option..
N3 Dead man one note stand
N4 Blamsoft Distributor set to Omni.

Ideally You want to play some Synths with the same keyboard, but you can't always combine them, to layer them. Because you might have Synths already inside combinators themselfs.
N.1, 2 and 3 does not fill the bill.

Blamsoft Distributor is the boy to use. He does not stall on every note. He does not pitch shift, or root shift. I does not have hidden envelope generators you don't know what's going on under the hood.

:thumbs_up:

Edit: Distributor seems not to be resplitting poly. He's out the competition apparently.

Anyone has some ideas??

Use splitter output to connect to various Synths.
This cmb uses dead man one note, Distributor, Ochen K. CV Tuner and CV select, plus polymodular system splitter and merger and CVA-7.
If you wnat to give it a try and see for yourself.
Polynote split.zip
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by Re8et on 14 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

14 Sep 2017

Some of those Poly CV <-> Note CV splitters and mergers might be handy aswell: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=Poly+cv and than, you are right, there is DISTRIBUTOR!

This comes handy, if the synth supports PolyCV (a few RE do that), so you can split some here, and some there... and use Players :-D
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2017
Some of those Poly CV <-> Note CV splitters and mergers might be handy aswell: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=Poly+cv and than, you are right, there is DISTRIBUTOR!

This comes handy, if the synth supports PolyCV (a few RE do that), so you can split some here, and some there... and use Players :-D
I dont' know how can I use them, they do not receive notes, you mean in combination with players???
Thinking about it... let see if it works... the break box actually has poly... ok... trying...

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

Ok sorry, the Distributor needs to be set to poly mode, It seems I have missed that on the back of the unit, then it works as intented.

Just some synths *like Vacuum Pro Vst, do not like that, instead Thor works. with root issues but works for not Blamsoft poly Vsts alike.

I hope to get a working preset to share and improve, this one needs some work out.
Last edited by Re8et on 14 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

14 Sep 2017

Re8et wrote:
14 Sep 2017
Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2017

I dont' know how can I use them, they do not receive notes, you mean in combination with players???
Thinking about it... let see if it works... the break box actually has poly... ok... trying...
Well, it depends on what you want to do. If you have for example Distributor to receive Notes, you can distribute them to 8 different synths, or create 2 poly signals by merging with one of those PolyCV mergers and send them to a compatible synth that can handle PolyCV.

If you have several mono CV signals, like from different Matrixs, you can merge them together and send to a (compatible) synth and play it poly.

You could also grab a PolyCV (eg a chord) from Distributor and send each to a another Combinator, where in the Combinator is a synth with a Chords Player on top of it. Now you can play one chord and get a few fitting chords at once on several synths. The drawback is, that you cannot save multiple Combinators in one patch and the Players do not have any usefull CV input (free slaps for PH).

Another interesting setup may be to use a transposible sequencer like the on of Thor. Play a chord on Distributor, split the chord to several Thors to play their sequence in different notes. For even more fun, you could use the Thor's sequencer output to control other devices and as mentioned Combinators and Players+Synths that sit inside this Combinator. Endless possibilites..

Its only a shame, that PH doesnt support PolyCV and the Players doesnt have CV in or out...really a shame...would be so cool...

You may note, that Distributor can grab a note and put it out as PolyCV. thus it can handle PolyCV contrarious your post.
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

Yes I got that Poly out, just that now it seems to be muted... Mopol do not output anything, nor Break Box. But just one single voice would be enough to make it.
I need to review my cabling.

If you notice, in my example zip file, playing a sustained bass note or high pitch note, and then playing some random chords elesewhere, it will losen the sustained note you are pressing.
That is defeating my purpose. I need those sustained notes to keep on.

Loque

14 Sep 2017

Sry, i dont have CV-Tuner. But here is a example, where i just haave played a few notes and end up with a complex stuff.

While i was trying this, i just now noted, that this stupid Thor sequencer note output is always the note of the sequencer and not the transposed note. How stupid is that? I would consider it a bug...
Attachments
complex_bs_with_a_few_notes.zip
(93.43 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Reason12, Win10

Loque

14 Sep 2017

Lol...didnt thought it could be so funny, to play a few notes and have such xomplex stuff. So i just improved the previous version a lil bit :-D
Attachments
complex_bs_with_a_few_notes2.zip
(212.49 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

Cool stuff there! Lot of fine tuning!
I swapped the Distributor to Poly and all players got muted instantly
But duplicating the distributor, set it to poly, and assign it to the Vk2 it works. Without players but its fine.

Anyway it;s already too much complex at this point, I'd rather roll back to use a normal Combinator solution for poly madness :) :P

Loque

14 Sep 2017

Re8et wrote:
14 Sep 2017
Cool stuff there! Lot of fine tuning!
I swapped the Distributor to Poly and all players got muted instantly
But duplicating the distributor, set it to poly, and assign it to the Vk2 it works. Without players but its fine.

Anyway it;s already too much complex at this point, I'd rather roll back to use a normal Combinator solution for poly madness :) :P
As i said, PolyCV is not support by PH.
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2017

Yeah. Looking at Distributor Manual, it says that it receives notes as an intrument, and so does Korde... I left poor Korde out of the equation.... thats not fair!
It's not a true splitter for poly mode, maybe layering them.... I don't know... just thinkin...

Loque

15 Sep 2017

I just stumbled again over a Zero tutorial that shows how to use PolyCV: http://blamsoft.com/tutorials/zero-utilizing-polycv/
Reason12, Win10

• Information