IDT + Organic Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mguh22

13 Sep 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to find all the nicest organic and realistic sounding Rack Extensions (no synthetic sounds here!). Discounting the Propellerheads ones (such as the A-List which I already have) the only one I can find so far is this:

StringWERK

Can anybody recommend any other high quality REs that give the likes of Kontakt a run for their money for organic realism? I'm not interested in ReFills or VSTs, just REs!

Cheers.
Last edited by mguh22 on 14 Sep 2017, edited 3 times in total.

esselfortium

13 Sep 2017

For strictly RE options, there aren't very many options outside of StringWerk and the A-List devices. Emotional Piano is nice, if you're looking for that. ProjectSAM is unfortunately a total waste. Aeon Organic might be of interest, though personally I didn't feel super attached to it when I trialed it.

If you're not interested in ReFills, I can't recommend Impact Soundworks' fantastic $99 Reason bundle which is absolutely a steal, and if you're not interested in Kontakt then I can't recommend their unbelievably great Kontakt libraries, or Orange Tree Samples', or Ivy Audio's, or Embertone's...

But if you were willing to budge on those, then I would definitely recommend looking into those options ;)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

mguh22

14 Sep 2017

esselfortium wrote:
13 Sep 2017
For strictly RE options, there aren't very many options outside of StringWerk and the A-List devices. Emotional Piano is nice, if you're looking for that. ProjectSAM is unfortunately a total waste. Aeon Organic might be of interest, though personally I didn't feel super attached to it when I trialed it.

If you're not interested in ReFills, I can't recommend Impact Soundworks' fantastic $99 Reason bundle which is absolutely a steal, and if you're not interested in Kontakt then I can't recommend their unbelievably great Kontakt libraries, or Orange Tree Samples', or Ivy Audio's, or Embertone's...

But if you were willing to budge on those, then I would definitely recommend looking into those options ;)
Thanks for this!

I've actually already got the Impact Soundworks ReFills, they're fantastic.

Thought it might be StringWERK, Emotional Piano and A-List only.

Does anyone have a list anywhere of all the IDT based REs?
Last edited by mguh22 on 27 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

14 Sep 2017

There aren't that many. Many of the IDT devices in the shop by bigger named companies are Kontakt ports. The ones that weren't mentioned already would be the Jiggery Pokery organs and maybe Studio Corbach's Ambi Nature (ambient sounds). IDT (as of now) still isn't giving Kontakt a run for it's money so there's not many people developing for it, at least not the 'real' instrument stuff you're looking for.

Everything else would be best found in a VST or Refill.

jayhosking

14 Sep 2017

For what it's worth, I really like playing Emotional Piano, and find it also very pleasing in a minimalist environment.

Catblack

14 Sep 2017

mguh22 wrote:
14 Sep 2017

Does anyone have a list anywhere of all the IDT based REs?
http://www.reasonistas.com/rack-extensions-idt-plugins
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information