Nostromo 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jimmyklane

16 Jun 2018

Just checked out the video....one seriously powerful synth. I’m going to download the trial right now, but it seems to me that something this big and powerful might be best suited for intros, outros, solo sections, etc....the demo sounds are simply massive, and it might take a lot of tailoring....(EQ and filtering) to get it to sit tightly in a dense mix.

Anybody working on full songs that utilize a full setup (drums, bass, chords, melody/harmony, etc)??? I’d be interested to hear what you’re doing to fit such complicated and evolving sounds into the mix!

I’ve had the same problem with my Blofeld, and that is only 2 wavetable oscillators with a third VA osc. The sounds are just really far out there and much of my music is actually fairly simple in its root state (even though I use a heavy amount of modulation, it’s mostly analog (or analog-like) tones.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Loque

16 Jun 2018

Yo ucan use Nostromo as simple as every other synth. Put in a triangle wave on one oscilator and it is quite thin. Its the same like in other synths, the more you put into the sound, the weird, complicated, noisy it might get.

Here are a few examples i made a while ago:

Reason12, Win10

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Jun 2018

Bumbum wrote:
16 Jun 2018
rcbuse wrote:
10 Jan 2018

Huh, there is something not totally right there. Thanks for reporting.
any update about this bugfix? Really annoying :(
Yea, apologies for the delay, it will be out in the next update with a few other new features!

Exowildebeest

17 Jun 2018

I understand that bugfixes are more important and you have other (awesome) stuff to work on - but I'm missing one little thing in Nostromo and I'd like to let you know anyway, just as feedback - as it's quite a big thing for sounddesign, imo. That thing is noise. So far I haven't found any proper noise among the wavetables, and I assume that's because of the way wavetables work technically, they don't do random on the fly, they're fixed, and the wavetables are the only soundsource in Nostromo. Expanse for example solves this with a separate noise oscillator (which is far from the best noise oscillator btw, Thor still really rocks in that regard, it's been indispensable as a sounddesign tool for me).

modecca

17 Jun 2018

On my end lfo 4 rate (lfo 4 out) is controlled by lfo 6 rate and the rate only goes to around 3.9 Hz.
In regards to the mod matrix lfo 4 rate (cv out) is controlled by lfo 4 rate as it should be, but again the rate only goes to around 3.9 Hz. This applies to lfo 5 and 6.
🔗💥

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Jun 2018

Exowildebeest wrote:
17 Jun 2018
I understand that bugfixes are more important and you have other (awesome) stuff to work on - but I'm missing one little thing in Nostromo and I'd like to let you know anyway, just as feedback - as it's quite a big thing for sounddesign, imo. That thing is noise. So far I haven't found any proper noise among the wavetables, and I assume that's because of the way wavetables work technically, they don't do random on the fly, they're fixed, and the wavetables are the only soundsource in Nostromo. Expanse for example solves this with a separate noise oscillator (which is far from the best noise oscillator btw, Thor still really rocks in that regard, it's been indispensable as a sounddesign tool for me).
Noted, thanks for the suggestion.

rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Jun 2018

modecca wrote:
17 Jun 2018
On my end lfo 4 rate (lfo 4 out) is controlled by lfo 6 rate and the rate only goes to around 3.9 Hz.
In regards to the mod matrix lfo 4 rate (cv out) is controlled by lfo 4 rate as it should be, but again the rate only goes to around 3.9 Hz. This applies to lfo 5 and 6.
I will look into this

Bumbum

18 Jun 2018

rcbuse wrote:
17 Jun 2018
Bumbum wrote:
16 Jun 2018

any update about this bugfix? Really annoying :(
Yea, apologies for the delay, it will be out in the next update with a few other new features!

• Information