mixfood-ambi-nature-ambiance-creator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

21 Aug 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... e-creator/
great price.... but... I have terabites of nature recordings.... will this benefit me or am I throwing away my money? I love making soundscapes... who has it... do you like it... is it everything you hoped... do pixies exist/?-( :roll: )
were aliens involved in the making?....
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

motuscott

22 Aug 2017

I don't have terabites of nature recordings but this is an interesting way to sort and trigger those types of sounds. The triggering requires a bit of a head wraparound. A cool tool to have, you should definately try the 30 day run. The worst that could happen is you'll be caught in a thunderstorm with some crickets and frogs and a rooster or two.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2017

TBH I did buy this a few sales ago, like you I have a ton of nature recordings, I mainly brought it to support the developer, I have yet to use it in a song, hmm maybe it's time to change that :)

I think it would be a real handy device for people who already have a lot of sounds once they allow sample loading in IDT devices.

If you like making soundscapes then it's well worth looking at...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2017

I like it. I think most samples sound good. The looping is already done so there's no work to do there. Easy to make quick tweaks.
I don't have a huge sample library of nature sounds, so this is a good little collection for me, all gathered in one place.
I like to use it for some subtle background sounds just to add some character. Here's an example where Ambi Nature is used through the whole song (crickets and thunder). In some places you can hardly here it but it makes a huge difference if you take it away. I think I even used a rain sample instead of regular white noise for the filter sweeping noise.

moneykube

23 Aug 2017

thanx guys... will give it a spin

Ostermilk

23 Aug 2017

I re-created the sound of my neighbourhood with it, and Mrs Milk couldn't tell the difference between me opening the back door or whether I was playing back the loop.

So why not just stick the mic out the back-door and record that, I hear you ask?

Simple, my attempts at recording my local ambiences don't sound anywhere near as good as this does, it's much simpler to use this than trail a load of recording gear around in all weathers, and I can get pretty close to any sea and weather conditions I can hear around here, without being disrupted by the endless tourists that insist on invading my precious territory at this time of year.

It's easy to set-up and change things around to get a whole different environment going quickly and it's all neatly packaged so I don't need to recurse loads of directories auditioning individual samples.

Obviously if you don't use ambient sounds in your productions then it isn't going to be of much use but if you wan't to conjure up a storm or a put yourself in a sweet meadow on balmy summer's day then this is a great tool for the job.

Don't forget though even if you're not setting up faux environments there's a lot of creative uses you can find for the output by chopping bits up to layer with other sounds, dropping snippets into a convolution verb or any other process of mangling that you prefer.

moneykube

23 Aug 2017

I agree nature
sound recordings are very difficult... many years doing it... even in the country
lots of crazy sounds... but only occasionally useful to my work
buying it now

• Information