"PanHandler" Rack Extension Now in Beta

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Deep Schulzz

09 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Are there any use about this thing? :question: :redface:
Use or news?
Sorry - I meant "news"

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018

What do you hoped for?
Something that could accept Note input (not Gate) for Pan position.
You can do that with a 6:2 mixer

moneykube

09 Nov 2018

I guess I was too late for beta... asked on page 2
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

dioxide

09 Nov 2018

aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018
dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018

Something that could accept Note input (not Gate) for Pan position.
I'm trying to do something very specific. I'd like to do it using legato style slides. So I need a CV sequencer that can do CV note output but as a non-quantized value with slide-like slewing.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018

I'm trying to do something very specific. I'd like to do it using legato style slides. So I need a CV sequencer that can do CV note output but as a non-quantized value with slide-like slewing.
If i'm understanding you correct I think all you need is janitor CV shaper, run the midi CV through it and use attack and decay and it will slide to the pan position based on note played (There is probably a way to do this inside of thor..)

Loque

09 Nov 2018

aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018
dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018

If i'm understanding you correct I think all you need is janitor CV shaper, run the midi CV through it and use attack and decay and it will slide to the pan position based on note played (There is probably a way to do this inside of thor..)
Yea, Note to Pan in the mod matrix. Lots of synths can do this. There is no sliding which wouldn't make sense anyway. But some synths have glide as a scale parameter or you can use a envelope Attack or a Ramp LFO with triggered by Gate.
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018
aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018

Yea, Note to Pan in the mod matrix. Lots of synths can do this. There is no sliding which wouldn't make sense anyway. But some synths have glide as a scale parameter or you can use a envelope Attack or a Ramp LFO with triggered by Gate.
Well yes note to pan in mod matrix was the obvious option for synths but if you wanted to do the same effect on a sample then the mixer router would work but you would still have to convert the audio to midi (and that feature sucks in Reason) Why wouldn't sliding make sense? It sounds pretty cool from the tests I did

Loque

09 Nov 2018

aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018

Well yes note to pan in mod matrix was the obvious option for synths but if you wanted to do the same effect on a sample then the mixer router would work but you would still have to convert the audio to midi (and that feature sucks in Reason) Why wouldn't sliding make sense? It sounds pretty cool from the tests I did
In a synth you use this feature to start the note at a position to emulate a piano roll position or a pipe position for a pipe flute or similar. Otherwise its more like pan modulation.

Yea, doing this with audio is another task. Maybe Neptune can help here a bit. I always wanted a Audiopitch to CV Note feature. Would be cool for filters and vocoders and so on.
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018
aeox wrote:
09 Nov 2018

In a synth you use this feature to start the note at a position to emulate a piano roll position or a pipe position for a pipe flute or similar. Otherwise its more like pan modulation.

Yea, doing this with audio is another task. Maybe Neptune can help here a bit. I always wanted a Audiopitch to CV Note feature. Would be cool for filters and vocoders and so on.
I was thinking about the Neptune thing but it doesn't work very well unfortunately :/

oddacorn

10 Nov 2018

moneykube wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Sorry, Moneykube, I've been so focused on the beta test forum and working on the product that I haven't been watching this thread at all. I went ahead and added a license for you. Let me know how you like it.

Regards,
Todd
Last edited by oddacorn on 10 Nov 2018, edited 2 times in total.

oddacorn

10 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Ha ha :D Just watching the videos. I'm not sure if it does what I hoped it would anyway.
Dioxide, I went ahead and issued you a beta license anyway in case you want to try PanHandler out. Maybe you'll find something different to do with it!

Regards,
Todd

dioxide

10 Nov 2018

oddacorn wrote:
10 Nov 2018
dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Ha ha :D Just watching the videos. I'm not sure if it does what I hoped it would anyway.
Dioxide, I went ahead and issued you a beta license anyway in case you want to try PanHandler out. Maybe you'll find something different to do with it!

Regards,
Todd
Thanks that's very kind at this late stage. I will give it a try when I'm back at my computer.

moneykube

11 Nov 2018

oddacorn wrote:
10 Nov 2018
moneykube wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Sorry, Moneykube, I've been so focused on the beta test forum and working on the product that I haven't been watching this thread at all. I went ahead and added a license for you. Let me know how you like it.

Regards,
Todd
awesome... will check it today as I work on a demo tune... thanx
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information