"PanHandler" Rack Extension Now in Beta

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
oddacorn

16 Aug 2017

Hooray, my first RE has finally reached the beta stage! :re:

It's called PanHandler and it's a gate controlled panner with a built-in delay. Pans can be triggered by MIDI notes, CV gate signals, or incoming audio (primary or alternate), and the pan movement can take many different shapes and speeds. It's also loaded with CV ins and outs for dreaming up your own ways of interacting with other devices. You can also use it as a "morpher" since nobody says you're required to connect the left and right output jacks to left and right inputs!

Please raise your virtual hand here if you'd like to join in on the testing. I can't wait to see what you're able to create with this new tool.

Thanks!
Todd Corson
The Instrument Panel
Logo Snapshot.png
Logo Snapshot.png (45.54 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Last edited by oddacorn on 17 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

challism

16 Aug 2017

I would be happy to help test your device.

Username: challism
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Zac

16 Aug 2017

Sounds interesting. ...
Username: tincture

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Aug 2017

I would like to get into this.

Username: PeterLansford

Wickline

17 Aug 2017

Oh sweet!

Username: wickline
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

oddacorn

17 Aug 2017

Challism, Zac, CaliforniaBurrito & Wickline, you are all hooked up with the beta.

I don't have any official docs to share yet, but there are a handful of sample patches included to give you an idea of a few different ways to hook it up.

Please post here if you have questions, and I will try to get my notes cobbled together into a preliminary user's manual in the next few weeks. Complete front panel labels are also in the works.

Regards,
Todd

Wickline

17 Aug 2017

Woooord.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Zac

17 Aug 2017

Thanks :) Installed and no problems so far. It is indeed very interesting and quite a lot to dive into - I'm enjoying experimenting but also look forward to the manual.

Loque

17 Aug 2017

There won't be a closed beta forum?
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2017

Good to know that a new CV RE is coming

friday

17 Aug 2017

Ohhh yeah.... i have build my own combinator, to pan (ping-pong) triggered by midi input! would be cool to see if i can do the same with your RE!

oddacorn

17 Aug 2017

Loque wrote:
17 Aug 2017
Loque,

That sounds like a good idea, but I apparently don't know how to do it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Todd

oddacorn

17 Aug 2017

friday wrote:
17 Aug 2017
Ohhh yeah.... i have build my own combinator, to pan (ping-pong) triggered by midi input! would be cool to see if i can do the same with your RE!
friday,

Let me know what your Reason username is and I'll hook you up with a beta license.

Regards,
Todd

Loque

17 Aug 2017

oddacorn wrote:
17 Aug 2017
Loque wrote:
17 Aug 2017
Loque,

That sounds like a good idea, but I apparently don't know how to do it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Todd
I hope one of the moderators hopp in for that. Its possible to have a closed forum here. Maybe you could directly ask a moderator.
Reason12, Win10

Mmj85

18 Aug 2017

Hello, Would be interested in diving into your new device since i love everything that has to do with the "Stereo Field" :)

User Name: mmj85

dancing fool

20 Aug 2017

Interesting device.
Want to beta it.
username: dancing fool

PadShifta

20 Aug 2017

Hey there. I would like to help aswell. Sounds like you´ve brought a very nice idea to life there. I love panning stuff all around the place!
Username is "PadShifta". Thanx :-)

PadShifta

05 Sep 2017

PadShifta wrote:
20 Aug 2017
Hey there. I would like to help aswell. Sounds like you´ve brought a very nice idea to life there. I love panning stuff all around the place!
Username is "PadShifta". Thanx :-)
Hi :-)

Well, seems like I´ve provided the wrong username.... My bad! Sorry about that. The correct username is : DUPLEXX
I´d be glad to help test PanHandler if you still need me. Please let me know - thanks sir .

Andy :-)

esefelipe

06 Sep 2017

Sounds cool, I'd love to test it as well. PH Username is same as here: "esefelipe"

Despondo
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2017

Count me in as a tester if you need more. Username is Despondo

oddacorn

08 Nov 2017

Well, I tried on 2 different occasions to contact one of the moderators, but I never got any response. I guess we can just discuss things here in this public forum.
Loque wrote:
17 Aug 2017
oddacorn wrote:
17 Aug 2017

Loque,

Thanks,
Todd
I hope one of the moderators hopp in for that. Its possible to have a closed forum here. Maybe you could directly ask a moderator.

cgijoe

08 Nov 2017

Likewise, I'd be happy to test!
Username: cgijoe

Loque

08 Nov 2017

oddacorn wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Well, I tried on 2 different occasions to contact one of the moderators, but I never got any response. I guess we can just discuss things here in this public forum.
Loque wrote:
17 Aug 2017

Did you sent Kenni a private message via Reasontalk? Check this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7493511&hilit=Beta+test+developer

And here is Kenni:
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=2
Reason12, Win10

oddacorn

08 Nov 2017

I just wanted to post a quick update here on PanHandler progress. I was out of commission for a little while when hurricane Harvey hit Houston. Many houses in the lower part of our neighborhood got flooded. Lucky for us, the water only got halfway up our driveway before receding. However, I did move all my gear up to the second floor to make sure it was safe, plus spent my energy helping people move furniture, tear out drywall, etc. We also spent a few days without power and some more days without internet, so my development work stopped in its tracks for a few weeks.

Anyway, I did eventually get back into the swing of things and have made excellent progress. Based on some great suggestions from "friday", one of our testers, I have added both a wet/dry mix control and a width control to the effect. Both controls are on the front panel and have CV inputs on the back panel. Since the width control is essentially a super-powered version of the reduce width switch that was previously on the back panel, that control has been removed.

In the last month I've focused my energy on reorganizing the front panel layout and improving its overall look. This includes the addition of "zones" which surround each functional group, tick marks around knobs and along sliders, and labels for all the controls! It was a challenge to pack it all in there, but I did it without having to increase the rack height. I will be making a push to get this new version bundled up and released within the next week or so.

TTFN,
Todd

Loque

08 Nov 2017

oddacorn wrote:
08 Nov 2017
I sent you a private message with my PH account. Till now i was not added to your beta program and didn't received a beta license. Sry, i am not willing to push my PH account name here into the public. So if you are still looking for beta testers, i can send you a PM again.
Reason12, Win10

• Information