"PanHandler" Rack Extension Now in Beta

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kenni
Site Admin

08 Nov 2017

Hi oddacorn,

I'm terribly sorry that you didn't get a response. It's not an excuse, but I was "homeless", as in, sold my house and renovating the new one (still is), I have more or less been offline for 3 months after work.

I can setup a forum for you if you still want to?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

oddacorn

08 Nov 2017

Kenni,

That sounds like a really good excuse to me. I dread the next time I have to move, especially considering all the music gear I've acquired in the last 5 or 6 years!

It would be great if you could still set up a forum for me. I'm in the home stretch of this project, but it will definitely be easier to communicate with my testers if I can send one message to the whole group instead of a few at a time via PM as new folks join.

Thanks, and good luck with your renovations.

Regards,
Todd
Kenni wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Hi oddacorn,

I'm terribly sorry that you didn't get a response. It's not an excuse, but I was "homeless", as in, sold my house and renovating the new one (still is), I have more or less been offline for 3 months after work.

I can setup a forum for you if you still want to?

Kenni
Site Admin

08 Nov 2017

Thank you for understanding!

I will set it up tomorrow morning (currently 1.15 am here) and write you a PM when it's ready.
oddacorn wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Kenni,

That sounds like a really good excuse to me. I dread the next time I have to move, especially considering all the music gear I've acquired in the last 5 or 6 years!

It would be great if you could still set up a forum for me. I'm in the home stretch of this project, but it will definitely be easier to communicate with my testers if I can send one message to the whole group instead of a few at a time via PM as new folks join.

Thanks, and good luck with your renovations.

Regards,
Todd
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

oddacorn

26 Nov 2017

The latest beta release is now available. All those who have already signed up for the beta test have been issued a license.

Also, thanks to Kenni, The Instrument Panel now has a private forum for beta test discussions. Current beta testers have also been granted access to this forum.

If you are interested in signing up for the beta, there's still time. You can request access to the "The Instrument Panel Beta Tester" forum or send me a PM to get involved.

Enjoy Cyber Monday!

Regards,
Todd
The Instrument Panel

gbuck

27 Nov 2017

I would like to test your panhandling skills if still available?
gbuck

Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2017

Latest beta has timed out. Any word on where this is in development?

oddacorn

28 Dec 2017

Here's a status update:

I have issued a new beta release that fixes a problem with several parameters. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but with the previous releases I found that moving the delay feedback, delay mix, wet/dry mix, output width, or volume knobs very quickly back and forth either by hand or via a CV signal with a fairly pure (e.g. sine wave) input audio signal would lead to some clicking that sounded like a dirty potentiometer that needed to be sprayed with contact cleaner. This should no longer be the case.

The new version also automatically forwards the Gate In CV signal to the Gate Out CV jack if that's the triggering source you're using. It also zeros a couple of other CV outputs when entering bypass or off mode that were previously holding their current values. In addition I've added notes in the tooltip descriptions for any CV ins and outs that are not bipolar (most of them are).

My next step will be to release some demo/walkthrough videos. I was hoping to work on this during the holiday break, but my father is in the hospital out of town and I haven't been at home for the last week. I'm going to work on the script until I get back, which should be before New Year's.

I have issued everyone a license for the latest release, so you should be able to download it from the Propellerhead site. If you come up with any cool patches, please feel free to PM them to me or post them in the private beta forum - demo tracks, too!

Regards,
Todd
Despondo wrote:
26 Dec 2017

Loque

29 Dec 2017

oddacorn wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Here's a status update:

I have issued a new beta release that fixes a problem with several parameters. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but with the previous releases I found that moving the delay feedback, delay mix, wet/dry mix, output width, or volume knobs very quickly back and forth either by hand or via a CV signal with a fairly pure (e.g. sine wave) input audio signal would lead to some clicking that sounded like a dirty potentiometer that needed to be sprayed with contact cleaner. This should no longer be the case.

The new version also automatically forwards the Gate In CV signal to the Gate Out CV jack if that's the triggering source you're using. It also zeros a couple of other CV outputs when entering bypass or off mode that were previously holding their current values. In addition I've added notes in the tooltip descriptions for any CV ins and outs that are not bipolar (most of them are).

My next step will be to release some demo/walkthrough videos. I was hoping to work on this during the holiday break, but my father is in the hospital out of town and I haven't been at home for the last week. I'm going to work on the script until I get back, which should be before New Year's.

I have issued everyone a license for the latest release, so you should be able to download it from the Propellerhead site. If you come up with any cool patches, please feel free to PM them to me or post them in the private beta forum - demo tracks, too!

Regards,
Todd
Despondo wrote:
26 Dec 2017
I recheck my submitted patches and attach them here today if they require some adjustments due to your changes. Maybe i make some more...

Best wishes to your father.
Reason12, Win10

ARAlife

18 Apr 2018

Hi, is the work in progress?

My question

It will be possible, if I press a Midi button the sound in the panorama jump hard left and hard right and will be give an amount for the panorama width.

Hope you understand what I mean my English is not the best. :oops:

Basically like NNXT / NN19 the Jump function.

moneykube

18 Apr 2018

please count me in as well
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

ARAlife

19 Sep 2018

Looks good :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

rgdaniel

20 Sep 2018

This looks like great fun... not seeing it in the shop yet, but the recent videos suggest it might not be long now?

Deep Schulzz

02 Oct 2018

:question: Will this ever be released?

oddacorn

02 Oct 2018

Deep Schulzz wrote:
02 Oct 2018
:question: Will this ever be released?
I've started a conversation with Propellerhead Software this week about acceptance testing. Hopefully that will go smoothly and then I'll get this baby pushed out! :redface:

Loque

02 Oct 2018

Good news. Fingers crossed.
Reason12, Win10

Deep Schulzz

09 Nov 2018

Are there any use about this thing? :question: :redface:
Edit: Are there any news about this thing?
Last edited by Deep Schulzz on 09 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

09 Nov 2018

Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Are there any use about this thing? :question: :redface:
Use or news?
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

09 Nov 2018

I'd like to test this. Username: dioxide

Loque

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Hum...one year too late. Maybe...
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

09 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018
dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
This came up in recent posts. Oops.

Loque

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018

This came up in recent posts. Oops.
I cross fingers for release and for your beta test :-D, well, tbh only for release :-P
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

09 Nov 2018

Ha ha :D Just watching the videos. I'm not sure if it does what I hoped it would anyway.

Loque

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Ha ha :D Just watching the videos. I'm not sure if it does what I hoped it would anyway.
What do you hoped for?
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

09 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018
dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
What do you hoped for?
Something that could accept Note input (not Gate) for Pan position.

Loque

09 Nov 2018

dioxide wrote:
09 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2018

What do you hoped for?
Something that could accept Note input (not Gate) for Pan position.
There is always the option to use a note (midi-sequencer) in combination with RPG8 to send a gate.
Reason12, Win10

• Information