grid64 retouch control remote map

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dancing fool

15 Aug 2017

Is there a way to make a remote map for the grid64 besides the ones for Novation Launchpad controllers, Ableton Push, Maschine Jam?
I have an edirol pcr 300, korg padcontrol and a cakewalk A-pro300
Try to make one my selve but with no succes.

djsmex

16 Aug 2017

Hi,

I may be able to help, which of the 3 devices do you want mapped? Also if you are using any custom Remote codecs please can you attach them?

The other thing to note, is the grid64 is designed for a 64 (8x8) pad setup. However, you may be able to use pages/banks of 8/16 pads to trigger the 64 pad triggers.

IE your korg padcontrol has 16 pads and you could use one of the encoders to switch between 4 banks of pads giving you access to all 64 pads. Likewise your edirol pcr 300 has 18 pads, you could do a similar thing and use 2 pads to switch the other 16 pads between 4 banks. Your a-pro300 only has 8 pads, so you will need 8 banks to make up the 64 pad triggers.

best, john

dancing fool

16 Aug 2017

I want a remote for the edirol pcr 300.
I know that there is a way to assign 2 or more remote items to 1 button or rotary. I did that with the AS16 and my Apro 300
i did download the grid64 codex and remote maps and try to copy the RE items and write a few lines in the remote map but with no succes.

demt

16 Aug 2017

Best of luck with a great piece of kit
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

djsmex

18 Aug 2017

dancing fool wrote:
16 Aug 2017
I want a remote for the edirol pcr 300.
I know that there is a way to assign 2 or more remote items to 1 button or rotary. I did that with the AS16 and my Apro 300
i did download the grid64 codex and remote maps and try to copy the RE items and write a few lines in the remote map but with no succes.
Are you using the default remote codec/map that comes shipped with Reason? I don't currently own the PCR300 but can work from the remote codec that comes with Reason. Lastly, do you wish to add the Grid64G mapping to the default PCR300 mapping so that you can continue using it for other devices?

cheers,

dancing fool

18 Aug 2017

Yes i want to use the standard remote map of the pcr300 and use all the other remotes
i can use the value encoder to switch between the 4 entries.
U can find an exanple at the mixer remote for that.

djsmex

19 Aug 2017

Hi, After digging deeper into the sample Grid64G Remote codec/map files, I have discovered that there is some tricky MIDI re-routing. This does things like takes the MIDI input for a pad and then generates a MIDI note at a specific velocity on channel 1. I believe it is this generated MIDI that triggers the pads in the Grid64G RE. This is further complicated by the 9 Edit modes and the 3 grid areas.

It will take me a little while to fully understand the LUA codec but I'm working on it. I was thinking of using either buttons L1-L4 or buttons V1-V4 to switch the 16 pads over the 64 grid pads leaving button A9 & B9 for select prev / next patch. Buttons C1-C3 can be used for Shift Left/Right & Randomise leaving 4 buttons for other Grid64G controls. The problem with using the encoder, is setting a flag in the codec file on a midi match function. It may be possible, so won't rule it out yet.
One of the tricky things that will need to be done, is the LUA codec, only perform the custom MIDI routing when the Grid64G is selected in the rack. I will need to do some tests on other controllers that I have here, to see how things work. I was thinking to try out the idea on a NI F1 Kontrol I have. This unit also has RGB pads, so can try that out too.
So bare with us, it's not a copy/paste kind of job.
cheers,

dancing fool

20 Aug 2017

I was afraid that it was a complicated job. This is way beyond my knowledge. But if you will try, it is a great learning for me. I know how i can make a remotemap for a RE. but the codec and so on is magic for me. I can buy a launchpad to solve the problem, but i want to keep my set compact.

djsmex

22 Sep 2017

Thanks for baring with us, I don't know how long it will take but I will give it a try.

Mattvank

19 Jun 2022

Hello,

How can i build a map for Touch OSC? I read something here about default remote codec/map. Have i to create something like that?

• Information