Error with radical piano Any ideas?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
VOIDMONIKER

21 Jul 2017

So when I use this set up it almost always ends in radical piano having an error ... it states that I can save the song but then as soon as I play the song a few times I get the error again and have to save and reopen it. Here is the error and the set up. It is piano + RPG8 + scales and chords player.Any ideas?
Attachments
PIANO DEVICE ERROR SET UP.JPG
PIANO DEVICE ERROR SET UP.JPG (113.64 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
PIANO DEVICE ERROR.JPG
PIANO DEVICE ERROR.JPG (23.06 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

AttenuationHz

21 Jul 2017

If I'm not mistaken that's a patch error.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

hamzter
RE Developer

22 Jul 2017

VOIDMONIKER wrote:
21 Jul 2017
So when I use this set up it almost always ends in radical piano having an error ... it states that I can save the song but then as soon as I play the song a few times I get the error again and have to save and reopen it. Here is the error and the set up. It is piano + RPG8 + scales and chords player.Any ideas?
If it's an intermittent problem then it's not a patch format error. My guess is that there's a bug in Radical Piano that makes it try to read and/or write outside of its allocated memory, and that the bug happens when a note outside the standard [0, 127] MIDI range is triggered, either via the Player's MIDI input or via the CV note input.

I recommend that you report the error to Propellerhead support so they can forward it to the DSP programmers responsible for Radical Piano. Don't forget to attach the song file that triggers the bug! :puf_smile:

Best,
Gustav

artotaku

22 Jul 2017

Had the same/similiar behaviour with some of rad piano´s combinator patches. Browsing patches while sending MIDI (via players) to the device crashed it.

I reported it to Propellerheads on February this year, it was confirmed (Case 382151) and forwarded to the devs but there wasn´t any bug fix yet I know of.

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2017

I trialled it and i got error too, as if patch were corrupted, more than one.

VOIDMONIKER

22 Jul 2017

I never have any issues with the patches.. just this specified configuration (which is a lot of fun to play with) Thanks everyone. I will submit is and see what happens :)

TheGodOfRainbows

22 Aug 2017

Get this bug too. I'm glad someone spoke up. I've been too lazy to report.

stfual

22 Aug 2017

I've seen this several times with Radical Piano. (Windows). For a Re with relatively limited functionality it does seem to have more than its fair share of problems. It's the only Propellerhead Re I own which crashes regularly. As a side note has anyone ever got feedback on a bug? I know they do fix some of them but I've never seen any feedback like "case closed fix in release 9.x"

4filegate

23 Aug 2017

Ta^ exactly the same mistake
.... while Michael Collins lost a Hasselblad on the Gemini 10 Mission NSSDC ID:1966-066A, some Swedish newspapers called this camera the first Swedish satellite, if you know what I mean?

• Information