Creative back panels - what's you opinion.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ahornberg

21 Jul 2017

Some REs really have artistic and creative back panels.
What are your favorites here?

challism

21 Jul 2017

Features on the back panels are really easy to forget about for me, so sometimes I see it as a downside. Not to mentions they aren't automatable. But here are my favorites.

* Lectric Panda's Shape has a great back panel with all the different color coordinated CV outputs. It looks really cool. I'll go head and mention Korde, too. Sure, it's CV outputs are the heart of the device, but I just love that it has so many. I might as well mention I like seeing the Lectric Panda logo on the back, too.
* Sononic's Revival has it's mod matrix on the back. I actually wish more synths did that. I'm not a huge fan of the way a mod matrix can take up so much space. I suggest this idea to just about every synth developer I beta test for, but none have implemented it.... yet!! I'll keep working on them..
* Blamsoft's VK2 is modular heaven. It's perfect back there.
* Jiggery Pokery's organ synths have a lot of hidden gems on the back. Nice!.
* AudioRealism's ALB3 has a handful of knobs hiding on the back. I was glad to see them move a few to the front in the last update for automation purposes.
* Robotic Bean's Elementary is a great device. I love all the different pulse patterns outputs on the back. Also, MC-1. It's back panel makes it well worth the $999 asking price. ;)
* Red Rock Sound's C1-L1 has some goodies hiding on the back, too.
* Pitchblende's Autotheory has some knobs and switches on the back which are useful.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jonheal

21 Jul 2017

I like back panels with lots of holes in them and realistic stickers, riveted plates, power cables, etc. JPs stuff is pretty hard to beat.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

challism

21 Jul 2017

Some of the devices have animated fans and such. I can't remember which ones, but that's a really cool idea. And I also like the devices with some humor on the back.... again, drawing a blank as to which one's are "funny" but there are a few in the shop and in my rack.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

21 Jul 2017

Put it on the front, except for cabling stuff. And put more CV and audio on the back...
Even for performance switches i want them on the front. Check out Zero when pulling down the quality.... Nice fx...
Reason12, Win10

Ahornberg

21 Jul 2017

Loque wrote:
21 Jul 2017
Put it on the front, except for cabling stuff. And put more CV and audio on the back...
Even for performance switches i want them on the front. Check out Zero when pulling down the quality.... Nice fx...
As I remember in Reason 1 the performance switches were on the front.

modecca

21 Jul 2017

modecca wrote:
21 Jul 2017
I dont think Spire is going to win any back panel contests anytime soon.
Is back side looks like the TMA-9 Commentator.
Last edited by modecca on 31 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.
🔗💥

chimp_spanner

31 Jul 2017

modecca wrote:
21 Jul 2017
I dont think Spire is going to win any back panel contests anytime soon.
Is back side looks like the TMA-9 Commentator.
:lol: Still no updates eh? Shame that.

scratchnsnifff

02 Aug 2017

The uhbik devices have some of the most artistic back panels, I think it's the granular one that has the cool neon green design, all of them have some trippy graphics on them :D (that's my vote for the artistic side of it, but for most practical I'd say expanse or any of rob papens devices, at least in expanse the cv connections all make sense. For example oscillator pos, modifier, mod env filter one and two and so on :) expanse wins most practical but RP devices are runner up imo
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

dioxide

04 Aug 2017

I don't like them. I think I prefer Rack devices to look closer to hardware. Even things like Thor with half of the instruction manual on the back bug me. And RP devices with credits on the back: just stick them in the manual.

• Information