Can't figure out how to map Kong/Redrum pads to keys on a keyboard

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
squint

17 Jul 2017

Not sure if this is the right forum. How do you re-map Kong or Redrum pads to keys on a keyboard. I just want to simply choose which key triggers any given sound.

I tried a lot of things, including right-clicking a pad and trying to do Remote override -- but the option isn't there.

I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure this out, to no avail.

Would love some help.

andyhsong

18 Jul 2017

in order to do this, you must set your midi controller to transmit the appropriate midi notes to trigger Kong/Redrum.

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason9/Ma ... _Chart.pdf

look at the the last page on that PDF. taking Kong for example, if you want to trigger "trigger pad 1", you need to set your midi controller to transmit note 36 when your specified key is pressed.
so these are all settings you need to change within your midi controller, not within Reason itself.

I hope this makes sense! Goodluck

Gorgon

18 Jul 2017

squint wrote:
17 Jul 2017
I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure this out, to no avail.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

ljekio

18 Jul 2017

You can manual remapping through using CV Gate wires from some Kongs and send it to one main Kong (or ReDrum).
As example I remapped receiving some notes from pads of HPD-10 (trigger notes placed between two octaves) to one Kong by yellow CV wires.
All of this placed in one combinator and Kong-recipient must not receive notes from combinator.

centomila

18 Jul 2017

If you just need to move the note one octave up or down, put the kong or the redrum inside a combinator.
Last edited by centomila on 18 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

• Information