Proton 1.1 in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
hamzter
RE Developer

17 Jul 2017

Proton 1.1 is now available in the Propellerhead shop!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... celerator/

The update is free for existing owners. For new users, Proton is on sale until August 11th.

Loque

17 Jul 2017

Hurray!

Also added to Proton: A bunch of great new patches!
Reason12, Win10

olive6741

17 Jul 2017

Congratulations! it's here !! Very nice release!!

challism

17 Jul 2017

This is a x.1 update, but don't let that fool you.... it it is a HUGE update!! This synth is really sick now. Give it a try, if you haven't yet. And if you have tried it but didn't like it before..... you'd probably be loving it now. Yes, and it also has a bunch of new patches. :)

Congrats on the release Gustav!

Edit: Forgot to congratulate Giles as well. Sorry about that. Congrats Giles and Gustav on an amazing update. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

Nektar P series Mapping is available (plus a little bonus for Nektar users) for this fantastic little RE.

More details can be found here..
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=343976#p343976

Regards

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

selig
RE Developer

17 Jul 2017

SO many new features, almost doubled the feature list with this update.
It's almost like a totally new instrument!
Quick rundown of the NEW features added with this update:

Added third grain engine
Optimized GUI with improved usability
Optimized sound engines
Added pitch quantizer
Added stereo width control (engine 2 and 3)
Added graphic EQ
Added generic modulation matrix
Added button for cropping sample to loop start-/endpoints
Added second modulation envelope
Added new modulation envelope loop modes
Added possibility to set sustain point in modulation envelopes
Added a random noise modulation source
Added coloring filter to the delay effect
Added graphic amp envelope
Added 4 generic modulation CV inputs
Added grain pan as modulation destination (for all 3 engines)
Added expression as modulation source
Added sustain pedal as modulation source
Added per-voice MIDI key number as modulation source
Added main volume and pre-fx volume as modulation destinations
Selig Audio, LLC

Catblack

17 Jul 2017

I have to chime in in favor of this update. LoveOne has added a 3rd mode which is simply amazing as well as a graphic eq, cv inputs and modulation matrix. There's also a pitch quantizer which is like the secret key to unlocking usable granular synthesis. There is nothing else quite like it.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

starflakeprj

17 Jul 2017

It would be nice if LoveOne could reset the trial so that we can evaluate the new version, especially since there are a lot av changes.

lakinlakin

17 Jul 2017

This is very, very good. Thanks for such an awesome update.

alex

17 Jul 2017

This is my next RE purchase, well done! :thumbs_up:
IMO, the modulation matrix deserve a screen shot on its own in the shop page to show all its majesty! :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Loque

17 Jul 2017

starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017
It would be nice if LoveOne could reset the trial so that we can evaluate the new version, especially since there are a lot av changes.
Gustav already tried, it's up to PH. Feel free to anoy PH. But imo its more a 2.0 than a 1.1 update.
Reason12, Win10

starflakeprj

17 Jul 2017

Loque wrote:
17 Jul 2017
starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Gustav already tried, it's up to PH. Feel free to anoy PH. But imo its more a 2.0 than a 1.1 update.
Last time I contacted PH about resetting the trial period, they said they couldn't do anything, and that it was up to the developer. Don't remember which RE it was though.

selig
RE Developer

17 Jul 2017

starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Loque wrote:
17 Jul 2017

Last time I contacted PH about resetting the trial period, they said they couldn't do anything, and that it was up to the developer. Don't remember which RE it was though.
The developer has to make a request, and these requests HAVE been declined in the past. So in a way it IS up to the developer, but ALSO up to the Props.

Compounding the matter, the Prop's month long vacation begins today, and this update just made it under the wire before vacation began. So I wouldn't expect things to move quickly for the next months, sorry to say. :(

For the record…
I'm 100% in favor in giving the Devs full control over resetting trials, and this case is a great example of a situation where it makes total sense to do so IMO. However, I'm only the co-dev on this product, not the primary dev, so it's not my call.

So for now I'll shut up and let Gustav comment further since this is his 'baby'!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

starflakeprj

17 Jul 2017

selig wrote:
17 Jul 2017
starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017

The developer has to make a request, and these requests HAVE been declined in the past. So in a way it IS up to the developer, but ALSO up to the Props.

Compounding the matter, the Prop's month long vacation begins today, and this update just made it under the wire before vacation began. So I wouldn't expect things to move quickly for the next months, sorry to say. :(

For the record…
I'm 100% in favor in giving the Devs full control over resetting trials, and this case is a great example of a situation where it makes total sense to do so IMO. However, I'm only the co-dev on this product, not the primary dev, so it's not my call.

So for now I'll shut up and let Gustav comment further since this is his 'baby'!
Thank you for explaining! :)

Well, 45 EUR isn't that much money, so watching the new videos might be enough.

Aosta

17 Jul 2017

Liked the first version but found it a little fiddly, a shame we can't retry it. I'm not prepared to throw down money on a synth that has had such a major update without seeing if I like it first.
If the props are away for a month then the sale period is gone and I wouldn't expect the dev to extend it because why should they?
Definitely a policy props needs to look into.
Tend the flame

chimp_spanner

17 Jul 2017

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/44092934.jpg

Guys well worth a buy. Major improvement over 1.0. Well done!!

Faastwalker

18 Jul 2017

Impressive list of new features. It does seem more like a whole number update than a point update.

A TRY reset would be nice in light of all the new features. But it's such a good price I'm tempted just to hit BUY.

dvdrtldg

18 Jul 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
18 Jul 2017
A TRY reset would be nice in light of all the new features. But it's such a good price I'm tempted just to hit BUY.
I doubt you'll regret it. This thing is a monster, the new grain engine & improved mod envelopes in particular are wonderful

hamzter
RE Developer

18 Jul 2017

starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Developers cannot do this themselves, unfortunately. I've asked Propellerhead to do it, but they are on vacation right now.

/G

Southgate

18 Jul 2017

Upon the first release I was really excited to get my hands on a granular synth (.wav loading) within the Reason environment. I had used The Mangle for a while prior to Proton's release, and really loved the features that the Mangle offered.

After purchasing Proton, 1.0, I saw a few minor functions that were missing that I enjoyed in other synths...but with this update to 1.1.1....WOW!!!!! The Matrix is absolutely crazy!

The list has already been displayed by Selig...but the options are amazingly enless...it's now just down to your creativity, time and inspiration as to what sound you want to make. The 3rd added engine (The Mangle's features) is simply just amazing.

People that are looking to trail for the second time and can't...I would just advise to make the leap of faith. 45 Euros is a very good price for a synth of this calibre.

Well done Gustav and Selig

The new patches are pretty cool too!

challism

18 Jul 2017

starflakeprj wrote:
17 Jul 2017
selig wrote:
17 Jul 2017

For the record…

Thank you for explaining! :)

Well, 45 EUR isn't that much money, so watching the new videos might be enough.
I'd say just go ahead and buy it. LIke you said, 45EUR isn't that much money and I really dont think you will be disappointed with your purchase It's an excellent synth. Just look at that long list of new features.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Ottostrom

18 Jul 2017

Southgate wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Upon the first release I was really excited to get my hands on a granular synth (.wav loading) within the Reason environment. I had used The Mangle for a while prior to Proton's release, and really loved the features that the Mangle offered.

After purchasing Proton, 1.0, I saw a few minor functions that were missing that I enjoyed in other synths...but with this update to 1.1.1....WOW!!!!! The Matrix is absolutely crazy!

The list has already been displayed by Selig...but the options are amazingly enless...it's now just down to your creativity, time and inspiration as to what sound you want to make. The 3rd added engine (The Mangle's features) is simply just amazing.

People that are looking to trail for the second time and can't...I would just advise to make the leap of faith. 45 Euros is a very good price for a synth of this calibre.

This is what I like to hear! Have used The Mangle now for a couple of weeks but I would love to have a Re like it instead (since Rack extensions are superior [only my opinion]) :)
Before I pull the trigger could you answer me one question, what type of pitch quantization options are there now since it got added? Like what kind of scales can you do it in?

PSoames

18 Jul 2017

Struggling to remember why I didn't buy this during its first iteration. I know I liked it. Bought the bugger now!

Good job LoveOne Consulting AB.

Loque

18 Jul 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Southgate wrote:
18 Jul 2017

This is what I like to hear! Have used The Mangle now for a couple of weeks but I would love to have a Re like it instead (since Rack extensions are superior [only my opinion]) :)
Before I pull the trigger could you answer me one question, what type of pitch quantization options are there now since it got added? Like what kind of scales can you do it in?
You have a small keyboard where you can select the notes.
Reason12, Win10

Ottostrom

18 Jul 2017

Loque wrote:
18 Jul 2017
Ottostrom wrote:
18 Jul 2017

You have a small keyboard where you can select the notes.
Awesome!

• Information