SDK wishlist

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tiker01

09 Jul 2017

hamzter wrote:
08 Jul 2017
challism wrote:
02 Jul 2017
What would you guys like to see Reason make possible in the next SDK? For instance, sample loading wasn't possible until SDK 2.5 was released.
When the Rack Extension format was announced, Propellerhead said that Rack Extensions would be "Full Citizens of the Reason Rack" (and they still do on the PH website). In reality, though, there are lots of things a legacy Reason device can do that Rack Extensions cannot. I think that a useful focus for the next couple of SDK updates would be to deliver on that initial promise.

/G

Very true!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

scratchnsnifff

10 Jul 2017

tiker01 wrote:
09 Jul 2017
hamzter wrote:
08 Jul 2017

When the Rack Extension format was announced, Propellerhead said that Rack Extensions would be "Full Citizens of the Reason Rack" (and they still do on the PH website). In reality, though, there are lots of things a legacy Reason device can do that Rack Extensions cannot. I think that a useful focus for the next couple of SDK updates would be to deliver on that initial promise.

/G

Very true!
Just curious what are some features that native devices can do that REs can't? My mind is drawing a blank
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

raccoonboy

10 Jul 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Jul 2017
tiker01 wrote:
09 Jul 2017

Very true!
Just curious what are some features that native devices can do that REs can't? My mind is drawing a blank
copy pattern to track and Pattern Select. Can't think of any others.

edit: oh and, resizing. i.e. 'show programmer' as in Thor, or the little arrow expander in Kong.

tiker01

11 Jul 2017

raccoonboy wrote:
10 Jul 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Jul 2017

edit: oh and, resizing. i.e. 'show programmer' as in Thor, or the little arrow expander in Kong.
Autoroute CV cables of Re-s.
Loading Rex files as a whole.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

scratchnsnifff

11 Jul 2017

tiker01 wrote:
11 Jul 2017
raccoonboy wrote:
10 Jul 2017

Autoroute CV cables of Re-s.
Loading Rex files as a whole.

Ahhh yes. The copy pattern to track would be a great addition I'd love using it to study arp presets so I could see what works and what doesn't :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jul 2017

I still can't believe that an IDT is limited compared to a Combinator.

I think we need a highly programmable Combinator, scripting is fine, customisable GUI + metering.

AttenuationHz

12 Jul 2017

Input value from number pad or keyboard (Wish for all of Reason actually)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ahornberg

14 Jul 2017

I would love to code a player device.

AttenuationHz

14 Jul 2017

Link/Button Press on the back of the rack to the website of RE and the help file/PDF.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

electrofux

15 Jul 2017

My wish is a bit complicated. Currently Sequencer REs like Propulsion etc that implement different Patterns have the problem that when you want to remote control things that there is need for a remote item for every parameter for every step of every pattern. Resulting in an enormous amount of remote items.

Devices like REdrum seem to do it differently as you can remote the 16 steps for all bars with 16 items. Thor is another example of that.

In the past someone called this remote item overloading. Dunno if that is the correct name

aquil

15 Jul 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Pattern automation like the one in Redrum, Dr.Rex and Matrix are not possible with RE. "Native" pattern automation allow you to play a pattern at any point inside the current selected one, you can switch patterns directly in the sequencer. Reason auto play patterns, when an automation clip with a pattern automation is there and stops it, when the pattern automation clip ends.

Ahornberg

18 Jul 2017

Custom MIDI-note-names in the sequencer like Redrum and Kong.

Faastwalker

18 Jul 2017

I just hope VST support in Reason doesn't stunt Propellerhead's RE SDK development. I know Propellerhead said RE would still be a priority. But surely this will ultimately be determined by RE's continuity in the wake of VST support? Why develop the platform is people aren't buying RE's? I guess only time will tell.

Ahornberg

18 Jul 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
18 Jul 2017
I just hope VST support in Reason doesn't stunt Propellerhead's RE SDK development. I know Propellerhead said RE would still be a priority. But surely this will ultimately be determined by RE's continuity in the wake of VST support? Why develop the platform is people aren't buying RE's? I guess only time will tell.
As long as VSTs in Reason don't have MIDI out or CV outs there's still a need for REs.

• Information