Reveal Sound Spire/ReSpire patch converter now available!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

WongoTheSane

01 Jul 2017

Oh, it's an online converter! Rather unexpected... Time to search for free packs :)

Thanks for the heads up!

madmacman

01 Jul 2017

Cool :thumbs_up:

tried it with a free pack I found at YT. Soundwise seems to do fine - results are saved as zip archive. ReSpire (repatch) files need a bit polish work after conversion (file naming, empty slots). But all in all: Good job!

BTW: I took the factory 1-7 plus "init" bank from the Spire demo. Are all of these sounds included in the ReSpire? Or is it worth the efforts of conversion & compare?

Jmax

01 Jul 2017

There's a bunch of free EDM banks on the Spire site as well.

http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/free

etyrnal

01 Jul 2017

Jmax wrote:There's a bunch of free EDM banks on the Spire site as well.

http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/free
Oh good, we'll all be able to sound the same because we all use the same sounds lol

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

madmacman

01 Jul 2017

etyrnal wrote:
01 Jul 2017
Oh good, we'll all be able to sound the same because we all use the same sounds lol
Indeed, the new "Reason Sound"... :twisted:

WongoTheSane

01 Jul 2017

madmacman wrote:
01 Jul 2017
BTW: I took the factory 1-7 plus "init" bank from the Spire demo. Are all of these sounds included in the ReSpire? Or is it worth the efforts of conversion & compare?
Yes, they are already included in the default bank, and so is "Spire Factory Bank 2016 By Function Loops". The other ones aren't, from what I can see.

madmacman

01 Jul 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
01 Jul 2017
madmacman wrote:
01 Jul 2017
Yes, they are already included in the default bank, and so is "Spire Factory Bank 2016 By Function Loops". The other ones aren't, from what I can see.
Ok, thanks for the info! :)

PadShifta

01 Jul 2017

I´m using Firefox and I´m experiencing problems with the converter. Everything is normal until I press the "Convert" button. When I do, it looks like something is being processed for half a second and then the page refreshes and goes back to where I started from.
what is supposed to happen after you select the fsb file, agree to the terms and conditions and start the conversion? I read about zip files on this forum but I´ve checked everywhere on my pc - no zip files (apart from that I´ve never been asked to name a target folder). So what am I doing wrong in a process that seems so logical and easy!!?? I´m frustrated and confused...
Help me out here please

Cheers Andy :-)

+++SORTED+++

Friends, Firefox was the problem. I tried Microsoft Edge and it worked just fine, for whatever reason...
Last edited by PadShifta on 01 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

01 Jul 2017

PadShifta wrote:
01 Jul 2017
I´m using Firefox and I´m experiencing problems with the converter. Everything is normal until I press the "Convert" button. When I do, it looks like something is being processed for half a second and then the page refreshes and goes back to where I started from.
what is supposed to happen after you select the fsb file, agree to the terms and conditions and start the conversion? I read about zip files on this forum but I´ve checked everywhere on my pc - no zip files (apart from that I´ve never been asked to name a target folder). So what am I doing wrong in a process that seems so logical and easy!!?? I´m frustrated and confused...
Help me out here please

On my machine it doesn't work with Firefox or Chrome, only Edge... Lol
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

01 Jul 2017

Yupp, I can confirm: with Firefox it doesn't work (on my Mac). I used Safari by default. But my FF is heavily "locked" by javascript filters and adblockers. Need to investigate further...

EDIT: works with Chrome 59/Mac

EDIT2: Seems to be a script bug? The script should call the converted file from a subfolder. But Firefox calls Reveal's "/store/cart" instead.

Karim
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

Loque wrote:
PadShifta wrote:
01 Jul 2017
Help me out here please

On my machine it doesn't work with Firefox or Chrome, only Edge... Lol
With chrome works like a charm here (on Mac)

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

joel

04 Jul 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
01 Jul 2017
madmacman wrote:
01 Jul 2017
i tried with commercial bank ( aiyn zahev and free: this is a disaster , almots all the sound are deformed, bad and most sound like init preset, arp became chord and others things...

but strange with spire factory bank , i compared, there is no deformation, there are the same
i did the conversion with safari, no works with fire fox

did you got the same problem ?

WongoTheSane

04 Jul 2017

joel wrote:
04 Jul 2017
WongoTheSane wrote:
01 Jul 2017

i tried with commercial bank ( aiyn zahev and free: this is a disaster , almots all the sound are deformed, bad and most sound like init preset, arp became chord and others things...

but strange with spire factory bank , i compared, there is no deformation, there are the same

I might have an idea on how this happens. In the VST version, there are (IIRC) 128 sounds in a bank. In the Factory Bank, all those slots have sounds attributed to them, but that's not the case in most free banks. For instance, if a site says "50 free presets for Spire", you'll get a bank with 50 real sounds and 78 "init" ones (the converter doesn't know which ones are init or not). To complicate further, as some slots are empty, the patch designers use them to pass messages to their users, or advertise their site. For example, the last 3 slots could be called:

125 - Thanks for down
126 - loading this bank
127 - go to freepresets.com

...or absolutely anything that comes into the mind of the patch designer. I've also seen some empty slots being used to denote a section, like "25 - BRASS": it doesn't mean it's a brass sound, it's an init patch only used to denote that the following sounds in that bank are brass sounds.

And to add to this, sometimes, the patch designer doesn't care about the empty slots and leaves there some sounds that are WIPs or half-initialized or remnants of a previous bank.

So when these "fake" patches are converted, they sound initialized or plain wrong. I don't have the VST version to compare, but I think it could account for what you're seeing.

joel

05 Jul 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
04 Jul 2017
joel wrote:
04 Jul 2017

I might have an idea on how this happens. In the VST version, there are (IIRC) 128 sounds in a bank. In the Factory Bank, all those slots have sounds attributed to them, but that's not the case in most free banks. For instance, if a site says "50 free presets for Spire", you'll get a bank with 50 real sounds and 78 "init" ones (the converter doesn't know which ones are init or not). To complicate further, as some slots are empty, the patch designers use them to pass messages to their users, or advertise their site. For example, the last 3 slots could be called:

125 - Thanks for down
126 - loading this bank
127 - go to freepresets.com

...or absolutely anything that comes into the mind of the patch designer. I've also seen some empty slots being used to denote a section, like "25 - BRASS": it doesn't mean it's a brass sound, it's an init patch only used to denote that the following sounds in that bank are brass sounds.

And to add to this, sometimes, the patch designer doesn't care about the empty slots and leaves there some sounds that are WIPs or half-initialized or remnants of a previous bank.

So when these "fake" patches are converted, they sound initialized or plain wrong. I don't have the VST version to compare, but I think it could account for what you're seeing.
thank you
yes you're right
the problem is also with commercial bank. i have ayin zahev altitude 70 presets and with converting i have 128 presets , all with differerents name, and in fact 58 of them are init voice. with name that doest exist
and some real preset have name that doest not correspond
we have to reorganize all the preset

scratchnsnifff

05 Jul 2017

Don't spontaneously purchase the riddim pack, it's all samples :/ I figured because it was on reveal sounds site it would have been all spire patches but I guess make sure you read the details before buying a pack, is sure these sounds will come in handy one day, but sucks when you make a mistake like that with your last 10$ to spend on music stuff haha, lesson learned!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

miscend

05 Jul 2017

Sounds like them to release a buggy converter lol

madmacman

05 Jul 2017

miscend wrote:
05 Jul 2017
Regarding the sound data: no, I don't think so (did a few sample tests by ear comparing to Spire Demo)

But the file name conversion / parsing of original patch names needs some rework. E.g. sometime the Init sounds start with the position number of the original SPF and drop the initial uppercase "I": e.g. 18.nit Sound" - this happens randomly and doesn't affect all init sounds of the patch bank.

joel

05 Jul 2017

miscend wrote:
05 Jul 2017
yes i think the same
for example, i bought infinity commercial bk, the description is; 70 presets avec 8 bass,6 lead, 12 lead, 1 pad, 1 pluck

after conversion I have: 10 bass, 10 key, 15 lead, 20 pad, 9 pluck, 5 synth, without name, just numeroted
its crazy conversion
but with bk with 128 preset no problem

Karim
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2017

miscend wrote:Sounds like them to release a buggy converter lol
I converted tons of my old libraries. I had no problem fortunely...

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Touch The Universe

31 Aug 2017

Hi guys. I converted my new Spire soundbank to work with ReSpire using the tool in this thread, however, I don't actually have Reason to test a little hiccup with the file naming system Reason uses. For some reason, presets with long names are shortened. Can someone who owns ReSpire try this two patches and see if they BOTH work. They are the same patch, the only difference is the length of the preset name.I just need to confirm the preset will still work if I re-extend the preset name.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2U6l ... 0Mzc21wWTg

madmacman

31 Aug 2017

Touch The Universe wrote:
31 Aug 2017
Can someone who owns ReSpire try this two patches and see if they BOTH work. They are the same patch, the only difference is the length of the preset name.I just need to confirm the preset will still work if I re-extend the preset name.
Hi!

You asked the same question over there @KVR, didn't you? ;)

Anyway, checked it here on my Mac: both patches seem to do fine, even with trailing "g". Since repatch format doesn't contain patch names, the file name is the patch name, and it is displayed properly inside the RE. See attached screenshot.
Screenshot_ReSpire.png
Screenshot_ReSpire.png (62.82 KiB) Viewed 7660 times
BTW: Nice sound! :thumbs_up:

Touch The Universe

01 Sep 2017

Hi. Thank you so much for your confirmation and your kind words :) I've asked both here and at kvr and you are the only one kind enough to offer help. Thanks again. Awesome. I will get to renaming them and included them with the soundset. Cheers.

PadShifta

05 Sep 2017

Previously, I wrote about firefox´s problems with the converter. This problem seems to be gone now but there are a couple of other problems with the converter itsself. You guys have pointed out that whenever a soundbank isn´t filled with the default 128 patches, the empty slots are also converted as init patches into the zip-file. Well, as for that, just delete them before storing the soundbank in its destined folder.
The major problem I am experiencing with every converted soundbank so far is that the "mode" is often set to "poly" for mono instruments like basses and such. Those patches emit one eternal note that doesn´t even stop when you mute the channel or press the stop-button. You have to manually change the "mode" to one of the mono modes and overwrite that patch with itsself, which sucks - but solves the problem.
I hope that Reveal Sound is still going to help us with updates of both ReSpire and the converter. But despite all of the sticks and stones, I´m still happy to be able to use this great synth in my rack.

Cheers :-)

• Information