New RE from Studio Corbach

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lov2sing

09 Jun 2017

Studio Carbach has put out their lastest RE called Mixfood WT4 wave table. With a deep discount until July it may be one to consider. Its says it has 4 isolators, 400 unique wave tables and on board effects; yet it also allows a dry signal output for the effects if you don't care to use theirs. The big drawback for me is the huge fan on the back with RE spinning in its center. That could be to unconsciously try to get people to buy their RE. In any case it has a beef up GUI and a pleasing color. No harm in trying it out and for the cost and maybe putting it in ones arsenal.
We make music for a reason

satyr32

09 Jun 2017

Finally a graphic designer or at least someone that does it as a hobby is on board.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Electric-Metal

09 Jun 2017

I took part on Beta testing this one. Even though I hadn't too much time to dive in (due to lack of time, damn these holidays & sorry @Studio Corbach for not being helpful on this :( ), I've found it very easy to program. I'm not a synth-expert at all but came to decent results very quickly. So if you're looking for a rich sounding, affordable synth, grab it. It's worth every penny imho. :thumbs_up:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

pbc278

09 Jun 2017

Lov2sing wrote:Studio Carbach has put out their lastest RE called Mixfood WT4 wave table. With a deep discount until July it may be one to consider. Its says it has 4 isolators, 400 unique wave tables and on board effects; yet it also allows a dry signal output for the effects if you don't care to use theirs. The big drawback for me is the huge fan on the back with RE spinning in its center. That could be to unconsciously try to get people to buy their RE. In any case it has a beef up GUI and a pleasing color. No harm in trying it out and for the cost and maybe putting it in ones arsenal.

The RE on the back means I Love RE's... :P
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Lov2sing

09 Jun 2017

Ok and so do I; however, spinning letters can hypnotize a person. Still it's all good and if your other REs tell anything about your design approach this one is sure to be great. :)
Last edited by Lov2sing on 09 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

WongoTheSane

09 Jun 2017

Here is the shop page:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

...and it might be interesting to note that while it'll be 25$€ after July 9th, it's only 9$€ right now, and that includes 850 patches!! Well done, Corbach!

Exowildebeest

09 Jun 2017

That GUI is fantastic! Beuatiful looking device.

I was planning on avoiding IDT devices until CV support is finally added, but I might make an exception for this :)

Kalm

09 Jun 2017

I have every synth from them (except the nature one). His stuff are hidden gyms to me as its easy to make unique sounds with his given wavetables.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

pbc278

09 Jun 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:That GUI is fantastic! Beuatiful looking device.

I was planning on avoiding IDT devices until CV support is finally added, but I might make an exception for this :)
When CV's come into play I'll update my IDT's.. so play now, play more later... I heard PH said CV support will come to IDT...
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

09 Jun 2017

Lov2sing wrote:Ok and so do I; however, spinning letters can hypnotize a person. Still it's all good and if your other REs tell anything about your design approach this one is sure to be great. :)
Well I can't get animations into my devices, so nothing's spinning (I would sure get nauseous myself). It's just to emphasize RE's are here to stay. The price is set to counterbalance the VST prices and make it affordable for anyone... Anyway, I had much fun creating the device, wavetables and patches. Hope you all can enjoy WT4 so all my hard work is not in vain.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

plasticfractal

09 Jun 2017

I love the last mixfood synth, so this one will be a definite purchase for me.

Majestik Monkey

09 Jun 2017

A jolly nice new addition to my Rack . . . :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:

Love what you do with IDT ' Keep em' coming Bou :P :P :P
& thanks for the Super price deal with WT4 ........... Ps Mono switch / Unison ????????? :puf_wink:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Question to developer: Is there anything in the build of this synth that required you use SDK 2.5 ?

I ask this because it seems to be a trend with new REs, but you're doing yourself a potential disservice by marketing a product that maybe only half of the whole Reason user base can actually use (in fact it cannot be bought for future use, Props shop don't allow it if a user doesn't have 9.2 or above)
Do you have the proof that only half of the Reason install base is lower that 9.2?

The synth uses panels which SDK 2.5 is required...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2017

This is a steal at $9....

Mixfood WT4 is a wavetable synthesizer with 1600 supreme quality wavetables (400 unique) in 4 oscillators. Each oscillator has a separate effects-bank, unison, detune, stereo-spread, envelopes, LFO's, filters, shapers and a mod matrix. On the back of the device each oscillator has a separate dry and wet audio-output for connecting your favourite effect RE's. To finish off global filter, velocity, pan, glide, poly/mono, legato and a split drive filter/EQ are present to be able to make all the sounds you need. Reason 9.2 and up.

To me this is 4 synths in one box...

PoohBear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music
(Electronic) Into The Night - added 2nd May
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated

My Soundcloud Page

Ostermilk

09 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Question to developer: Is there anything in the build of this synth that required you use SDK 2.5 ?

I ask this because it seems to be a trend with new REs, but you're doing yourself a potential disservice by marketing a product that maybe only half of the whole Reason user base can actually use (in fact it cannot be bought for future use, Props shop don't allow it if a user doesn't have 9.2 or above)
There's another way of looking at this.

Perhaps it's the user that's doing themselves a disservice running a legacy version of Reason as they wont be having access to RE's developed with the current SDK, nor VSTs. I'm sure Devs are more aware than most the implications of not using an older version of the SDK so the more interesting question to me is why are you asking when it clearly says on the shop page Reason 9.2 and up?

Is it because you really care about a Devs potentially diminished market share?

"Half of the whole Reason user base" also seems a bit of stretch to me as I would have thought a higher percentage of the active, Rack Extension purchasing user base is likely to be on the current version. Certainly this poll which got put up well before the 9.5 update even shows a figure nearer the three quarter mark.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7499417

It's mostly down to economic factors such as time, money, and effort vs diminishing returns that sees backward compatibility being dropped and it is a fact of software lifecycles that most people are already all too familiar with. You pays your money you takes your choice.

Maybe, I dunno, but I'm not sure this particular Dev is going to come back and say to you "It's a good job you're here Kombucha, what a great question you made, I didn't even think of that!"

Me personally all I can say is, dheers Studio Corbach this is yet another great RE from you at a fantastic price I'm just glad I'm on the latest Reason version so I can benefit.

;)

MDTerps2015

09 Jun 2017

Whats funny is I got this in my stock of rack extensions and wondered why it was there. I had no clue. I have never beta tested and now I realize as I talked to Corbach months ago that this was probably a beta test. I missed out because I was afraid to use it, LOL no joke. I tried it like two or three times and then deleted not knowing what it was. BTW i got no email or PM saying what it was which left me skeptical. Now i know it was an RE being developed and I will will always buy Corbach, Jiggery, Papen, and there a several others just to support their handwork. I know Corbach has a family and most others probably do but when you pm him, he will usually answer and is just as cordial. I do notice notice one thing, when you are dealing with RE developers as a person, it is much easier to get customer support and they are much nicer and will spend time to explain things to you. THX Corbach once again but I had no clue. BTW when I said I deleted it, i shot Corbach a PM and he didn't respond until like three weeks later. Im talking about a family man who doesn't have the time to spend on here like we do, LOL.
Last edited by MDTerps2015 on 10 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

CephaloPod

10 Jun 2017

Now that VST is here, I'm planning on not purchasing RE's unless they are truly game-changers. HOWEVER...$9 for any synth with a bunch of presets included is money well spent. Plus, this looks interesting.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

CephaloPod

10 Jun 2017

OK, just spent 30 minutes with this thing. WOW, this is a lot of fun. Already worth the $9 just on entertainment value alone. Things I like:

1. Makes some very useable old school sci-fi kind of sounds.
2. Those wavetable sliders just BEG to be messed with.
3. Love the bizarre, retro look.
4. Why am I putting Haase Effect on everything???

I really like this thing!
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

madmacman

10 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Developers needs to be seriously considering how diminished their market is, and whether it's worth excluding such a significant number of potential buyers. The market is already going to take a giant short term hit with the advent of VST hosting, so to keep making that pinhole smaller and smaller is an unwise business decision.
On the other hand: If developers keep stuck with the old and inferior versions of SDK, then the RE's are becoming less and less attractive - especially compared to the shiny world of VST's. Best example is ReSpire. Compared to its VST counterpart, the UI of the RE is crap and would highly benefit from using SDK 2.5. A good example of what is expected by users nowadays (VST version) and what older SDK's in Reason can deliver.

An option might be to offer two different versions, but maintaining two branches is a tough job for "single developer companies", and customers of the old SDK version would always feel cheated when they see the better interface of the new SDK version.

As a long time Apple user, I'm accustomed to always upgrading to the latest software updates to ensure best compatibility. But maybe it's just me...

Ostermilk

10 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:.......

The market is already going to take a giant short term hit with the advent of VST hosting, so to keep making that pinhole smaller and smaller is an unwise business decision.
Thankfully the thing about business is that I only have to mind my own.

:D

Lov2sing

10 Jun 2017

pbc278 wrote:
Lov2sing wrote:Ok and so do I; however, spinning letters can hypnotize a person. Still it's all good and if your other REs tell anything about your design approach this one is sure to be great. :)
Well I can't get animations into my devices, so nothing's spinning (I would sure get nauseous myself). It's just to emphasize RE's are here to stay. The price is set to counterbalance the VST prices and make it affordable for anyone... Anyway, I had much fun creating the device, wavetables and patches. Hope you all can enjoy WT4 so all my hard work is not in vain.
Great! I am trying it out and RE better stay I have over 200 of them.

Manoosh

10 Jun 2017

How do I route the single output?? There's only send, no return... how does it work with an external effect on each osc?

madmacman

10 Jun 2017

Manoosh wrote:How do I route the single output?? There's only send, no return... how does it work with an external effect on each osc?
Exactly: there's no return, but you can connect each Osc to e.g. an instance of the 6:2 Mixer and add some extra fx this way.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2017

Manoosh wrote:How do I route the single output?? There's only send, no return... how does it work with an external effect on each osc?
You route to your effect(s) and then route the last effect to a mix channel or back to a line mixer.. Personal I would go back to a mix channel and if say I was using all 4 OSC I would have 4 mix channels and I would bus them together...

Jmax

10 Jun 2017

Curious how one goes about turning off effects for this? There is no on/off for most of the effects? Almost all patches have huge delay on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information