New RE from Studio Corbach

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2017

Jmax wrote:Curious how one goes about turning off effects for this? There is no on/off for most of the effects? Almost all patches have huge delay on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turn the mix knobs down for each FX, they are Dry\Wet mix...

Jmax

10 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Jmax wrote:Curious how one goes about turning off effects for this? There is no on/off for most of the effects? Almost all patches have huge delay on them.

Could of sworn I was still hearing the delay after those were at zero. I'll double check

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2017

Nektar Panorama mapping done..

More information can be found here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=337746#p337746

PoohBear
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music
(Electronic) Into The Night - added 2nd May
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated

My Soundcloud Page
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 10 Jun 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Ostermilk

10 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
Ostermilk wrote: Thankfully the thing about business is that I only have to mind my own.
Excuse me for voicing an opinion and point of view. I'll try to remember to check in with you before posting again. :roll:
I made no comment about your opinion or point of view at all, I was merely enquiring as to why you were concerned about the SDK in use, remember? You replied you were concerned about the Dev possibly limiting his market by only using the current SDK, so naturally my response was the one you quoted here.

I AM truly thankful that I don't have to worry about anyone elses business decisions, but I'm failing to see where I was critical of you voicing an opinion and POV or why you'd need to check in with me before you post again.

In fact I'm truly baffled now... :?
Last edited by Ostermilk on 10 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

pbc278

10 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:Question to developer: Is there anything in the build of this synth that required you use SDK 2.5 ?

I ask this because it seems to be a trend with new REs, but you're doing yourself a potential disservice by marketing a product that maybe only half of the whole Reason user base can actually use (in fact it cannot be bought for future use, Props shop don't allow it if a user doesn't have 9.2 or above)
I can't switch (hide/show) panels with SDK lower than 2.5... So I can't create the GUI I created for Mixfood ReMix and Mixfood WT4 with the hiding panels.
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Ostermilk

11 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

It would be a nice touch to have on/off switches on the fx I must admit but the omission doesn't anywhere near damage the sheer good value this device represents. Also the dry routing options mitigate any short comings that result from it. It's a great citizen of the Rack.

Studio Corbach devices have been a bit of a revelation for me lately after picking up the excellent and completely unique Ambi Nature device, I went for Unison and now this.

Anyone still turning up their noses at IDT instruments would do well to check out the Studio Corbach range first off.

Majestik Monkey

11 Jun 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

It would be a nice touch to have on/off switches on the fx I must admit but the omission doesn't anywhere near damage the sheer good value this device represents. Also the dry routing options mitigate any short comings that result from it. It's a great citizen of the Rack.

Studio Corbach devices have been a bit of a revelation for me lately after picking up the excellent and completely unique Ambi Nature device, I went for Unison and now this.

Anyone still turning up their noses at IDT instruments would do well to check out the Studio Corbach range first off.
I would second that ' I think Bou has done some great work with IDT regardless of limitations ' :thumbs_up:

ltbrunt00

12 Jun 2017

I am going to be buying a copy of Reason for my son, The Studio Corbach suite of RE's will fill out his rack nicely. 9 dollars, 25 or 45 are all decent prices for these instruments. I will be buying this one for myself also.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Dazman

13 Jun 2017

Bought the WT4 extension yesterday and have had a quick play around with it. I found it quite powerful in that each oscillator has it's own filter and envelopes and LFOs as well as separate effects per oscillator. My immediate critism is that it comes with way too many presets and most of them seem to be subtle variations of each other rather than completely new sounds so you can quickly get bored going through the preset library. So if you are trying this out my advice would be to not judge it on the presets but have a play about with the programming. I definitely recommend making a few of your own patches to see what this synth can do. It's got a nice balance of power and CPU usage, although I have managed to get a few 'CPU is too slow' messages whilst using a player device with big chords on some of the bigger patches that I've made. There are controls on the back for optimisation though.

For the introductory money I'd say it's a no-brainer ... definitely an instabuy for me.

Dazman

13 Jun 2017

Jmax wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Could of sworn I was still hearing the delay after those were at zero. I'll double check

It seems that each oscillator has it's own effects - so turning all effects to zero will only effect the current oscillator that has the edit mode selected. You'll need to select each oscillator and turn effects all off for each. This is something that I really like, although it does make editing a little cumbersome if you want to put effects across the lot . Same goes for envelopes and LFOs and in fact most of the other settings - they are unique to each oscillator. This gives a great amount of flexibility on the end sound, but makes programming slower.

Abstrax

13 Jun 2017

I've gotten to the point where I don't even need/use fx in synths at all. Reason's modularity (is that a word?) is more powerful when I use all my individual fx re's. They are usually higher quality than anything I would find in a synth fx chain.

Catblack

08 Jul 2017

Anyone know why the product page is 404ing?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2017

Catblack wrote:
08 Jul 2017
Anyone know why the product page is 404ing?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/
It's been messing about for days now... so you are not the only one...

Bumbum

11 Jul 2017

i really like these demo videos http://www.studiocorbach.nl/mixfood-wt4/
you get good picture how it works

Joerg

11 Jul 2017

WT-4 is on sale again after the shop page was down the last days!
Thanks Bou!

olive6741

11 Jul 2017

And some others!!! I don't regret buying Unison !! Very good Stuff! Tube disto, lfo modulating output filter... very nice ideas ! I'm close to buy Remix! At 9, it's a steal !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

AttenuationHz

12 Jul 2017

Anyone know when that sale is ending?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2018

FYI the image of the back of the device in the shop is incomplete. Might want to update that so potential buyers can have a look at the inputs and outputs. ;-)

• Information