Top 5 REs that you still buy them even now having VSTs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Alkua

22 May 2017

Well, I think these REs are really good or unique, so even with the VST integration, it is good to have it.

1. Leveler (Selig): I think, it is the best dynamic lever. I wish having it in AU format
2. Polar : Specially now with delay compensation.
3. Antidote: Even now that you can have all VST synths, it is good to have it. But in a discount price.
4. GQ-7 or RP-EQ: Best EQs Reson integration.
5. Synchronous: in discount

Oquasec

22 May 2017

Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

submonsterz

22 May 2017

Alkua wrote:Well, I think these REs are really good or unique, so even with the VST integration, it is good to have it.

1. Leveler (Selig): I think, it is the best dynamic lever. I wish having it in AU format
3. Antidote: Even now that you can have all VST synths, it is good to have it. But in a discount price.
Errmm polar ???
Did props not specifically state plugs such as polar ""WILL NOT"" be delay compensated for in the addition of pdc in reason ???.

scratchnsnifff

22 May 2017

This is easy,

Expanse
Vecto
Quad
Elements filter
Elements distortion

:) haha they are my go to tools
And idk if it counts but malstrom will always be at my disposal, due to its ease of use even though it's not a Re
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

xbitz

22 May 2017

bought

Selig Gain 1.2.4 FULL: 9.00 EUR
Charlotte Envelope Generator 1.1.1 FULL: 9.00 EUR
Mercury 4 Voice Polyphonic Arpeggiator 1.5.1 FULL: 39.00 EUR
Korde Sequencer 1.2.3 FULL: 29.00 EUR

so yepp, sequencers and some cv shaper are still must have ones, also needs MoPol Polyphonic CV Merger to able to poly-chain Combinators, CV8X4 CV Generator to able to create macro controls to the VSTs, all the free CV device from Jiggery-Pokkery(cv splitter/merger), and ofc. all the free stuff from https://www.reasontalk.com/echo/
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 May 2017

I don't use VST's so most devices in Reason...

joeyluck

22 May 2017

Any of them :)

If they don't exist in VST format, then yes.

If they do exist in VST format, I still prefer the better integrated, easier to install RE.

Alkua

22 May 2017

submonsterz wrote:
Alkua wrote:Well, I think these REs are really good or unique, so even with the VST integration, it is good to have it.

Errmm polar ???
Did props not specifically state plugs such as polar ""WILL NOT"" be delay compensated for in the addition of pdc in reason ???.
Damn! I didn't know that, but I still think is good to have it.

EdGrip

22 May 2017

Alkua wrote:
submonsterz wrote:

Errmm polar ???
Did they? Why's that, then?

Exowildebeest

22 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:
Alkua wrote:
submonsterz wrote:

Errmm polar ???
Because it isn't really a device that fits automatic delay compensation. Its delay is HUGE compared to the few samples of latency - which is exactly which causes phase issues, the main problem compensation is meant to fix - that compessors and other more typical FX devices may have. Polar is pitch-shifting delay at heart. Best to approach it that way.

Alkua

22 May 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
EdGrip wrote:
Alkua wrote:
submonsterz wrote:

Errmm polar ???
Because it isn't really a device that fits automatic delay compensation. Its delay is HUGE compared to the few samples of latency - which is exactly which causes phase issues, the main problem compensation is meant to fix - that compessors and other more typical FX devices may have. Polar is pitch-shifting delay at heart. Best to approach it that way.
What about Neptune?

EdGrip

22 May 2017

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks. :)

JerrelTheKing

22 May 2017

Top 5 that I still buy hmm.

The Legend. {stii trying to decide whether its better to buy VST version though based on better DSP optimization}
Vecto
Leveller

hard to think of any others right now. Very happy to be able to use Sound Toys in Reason. Match made in heaven.

Faastwalker

22 May 2017

I don't really use VST's so I will always buy RE's over VST's where possible. I'll certainly be exploring some of the VST's out there now Reason supports them. But there are plenty of RE's on my radar I'll pick up ASAP (in the next sale, when I've actually got some money in my pocket! :( )

1. LectricPanda Fritz
2. LectricPanda Nostromo
3. Blamsoft VK-2
4. e-intruments StringWERK
5. Reveal ReSpire (when it's working & has better CV)

RequiemMachine

24 May 2017

1. Selig Leveler
2. Blamsoft Polymodular (I'm counting the bundle as one)
3. Echobode
4. Expanse
5. Zero
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

Gosh

24 May 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:Top 5 that I still buy hmm.

The Legend. {stii trying to decide whether its better to buy VST version though based on better DSP optimization}
Vecto
Leveller

hard to think of any others right now. Very happy to be able to use Sound Toys in Reason. Match made in heaven.
get in contact with synapse audio, if you buy one version of The Legend you get the other as NFR for free...

Oquasec

24 May 2017

Synapse audio has the chops.
They even had a good daw called orion.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ltbrunt00

24 May 2017

Here is my list to add words to this page. If these are in the shop they will be brought.

Anything by Synapse
Reveal ReSpire - This is nice for 59 bucks.
StringWerk
PX7
Anything by Rob Papen.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

MrMeeseeks

24 May 2017

Gosh wrote:
JerrelTheKing wrote:Top 5 that I still buy hmm.

Vecto
Leveller

get in contact with synapse audio, if you buy one version of The Legend you get the other as NFR for free...

Can confirm, bought the RE then they sent me a download and serial for the VST also.

kitekrazy

24 May 2017

No VST version of this so far.

The_G

25 May 2017

Hmm, guess I'd have to discount the ones that are available in VST? If so, then:

1. Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer
2. JP Steerpike BBD Delay

The other ones I like use a lot available as VSTs/AUs, and in that format I could use them in Logic as well as in Reason, so I wouldn't buy them as REs. I'd still buy them, though! Stuff like PolySix, reDominator, Softube FET compressor, The Legend, etc.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

• Information