Reveal Sound ReSpire Song Challenge

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tibah

25 May 2017

As long as I can remember, we were always allowed to use 3rd party drum samples (e.g. Wave Alchemy). At least in the challenges I participated. Either one half of my brain is still sleeping or this time it's limited to FSB stuff only?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

25 May 2017

tibah wrote:As long as I can remember, we were always allowed to use 3rd party drum samples (e.g. Wave Alchemy). At least in the challenges I participated. Either one half of my brain is still sleeping or this time it's limited to FSB stuff only?
Hi tibah, yes you may use 3rd party FX/Drum samples. I've made that more clear in the rules. Good luck.
ImageImageImage

mcatalao
Competition Winner

25 May 2017

Noel G. wrote:
thotbott wrote:
Nerveclinic wrote:So the first three place prizes are the ReSpire synth. But the sale ends at the end of May while the contest ends mid June.

So either you buy the synth before the end of May at the better price. Or you wait until the end of the contest to see if you won, but then have to pay full price for the synth if you lose.

Does anyone besides me see the dilemma?

Suddenly the contest is pointless if you feel compelled to buy the synth at the great low price it is at now.

this man has the right idea. Am interested in doing the song challenge and buying it while its on sale.but whats the point of trying to win it if you want to possibly save money if you dont win. maybe extend the sale price to people doing the soong challenge if they prove they have submitted a track?
Good news! Reveal Sound will extend the initial pricing for ReSpire till 23 of June. That's an additional week after the Song Challenge deadline to give us time to announce the winners. Good luck to everyone.
Noel, what about people that dove in and bought it when it got out? Not that i expect winning or anything... lol

Noise
Competition Winner

25 May 2017

Yup, 9 instances is the maximum the cpu can handle it, even with the bounces :S

Here's my entry:

Thanks!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Marc64

26 May 2017

No need to be in this song challenge cause I only get device error ...

mcatalao
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

Noise wrote:Yup, 9 instances is the maximum the cpu can handle it, even with the bounces :S

Here's my entry:

Thanks!
I find the pads are the most cpu hungry patches... Did you try removing unison levels on pads?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

Noise wrote:Yup, 9 instances is the maximum the cpu can handle it, even with the bounces :S

Here's my entry:

Thanks!
Man finally had the time to hear this... Really liked it! I liked that you toggled from a lot of different ambients!!!

Noise
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

mcatalao wrote: Man finally had the time to hear this... Really liked it! I liked that you toggled from a lot of different ambients!!!
Thanks Catalão, hope my girlfriend won't charge me for the voice samples :P
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

mcatalao
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2017

Noise wrote:
mcatalao wrote: Man finally had the time to hear this... Really liked it! I liked that you toggled from a lot of different ambients!!!
Thanks Catalão, hope my girlfriend won't charge me for the voice samples :P
You can pay with your body! LOL

Noise
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

mcatalao wrote:You can pay with your body! LOL
I only imagine If I requested a full song with lyrics :P

Noise
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
That's a really great entry, man !

Everyone's song so far is so impressive, the hack job I'm working on pales in comparison. For me, it's a big challenge to use only one instrument. Not sure if I'll bother uploading my project.
Thanks Kombucha, It's a challenge to work only with one synth, but I find the lack of resources to be more creative and you eventually learn how to use the tool and getting more juice from it. Just don't archive your work, send it :puf_bigsmile: !

Reasonistas
RE Developer

02 Jun 2017

mcatalao wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
thotbott wrote:
Nerveclinic wrote:So the first three place prizes are the ReSpire synth. But the sale ends at the end of May while the contest ends mid June.

So either you buy the synth before the end of May at the better price. Or you wait until the end of the contest to see if you won, but then have to pay full price for the synth if you lose.

Suddenly the contest is pointless if you feel compelled to buy the synth at the great low price it is at now.

this man has the right idea. Am interested in doing the song challenge and buying it while its on sale.but whats the point of trying to win it if you want to possibly save money if you dont win. maybe extend the sale price to people doing the soong challenge if they prove they have submitted a track?
Good news! Reveal Sound will extend the initial pricing for ReSpire till 23 of June. That's an additional week after the Song Challenge deadline to give us time to announce the winners. Good luck to everyone.
Noel, what about people that dove in and bought it when it got out? Not that i expect winning or anything... lol
If anyone entering the song challenge is in this category, please let me know and I will ask Reveal Sound what can be done to help those people.
ImageImageImage

Noise
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

My second entry:

Giving one last run with Spire before the trial ends!
I guess with this latest update I've bounced tracks a little less.
No vst's used.

Stay :cool: reasontalkers.
Last edited by Noise on 03 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

Noel G. wrote:
mcatalao wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
thotbott wrote:

If anyone entering the song challenge is in this category, please let me know and I will ask Reveal Sound what can be done to help those people.
Well I am... bit of a nervous shop finger...

Lunesis

03 Jun 2017

Sounds like fun...

Ostermilk

03 Jun 2017

Lunesis wrote:Sounds like fun...
:puf_bigsmile:

You ought to give it a go!

;)

junkish

04 Jun 2017

So.. I don't listen to EDM, dunno why I thought it would be a good idea to try making dance ;)
Didn't have time to finish it either since the demo run out today:D
But submitting it anyways

hu-ryu

04 Jun 2017

My previous entry was too much in my head and not in my heart.

This time round I've used ReSpire + FSB samples and felt that this was more of a typical and realistic process of creation. The older entry used ReSpire percussion, but I feel that percussion isn't its forte and I don't think it matters as that isn't their aim.

It's a great synth! My favourite so far for sure. Excellent for trance and even house definitely.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Daniel36

04 Jun 2017

I am not going to name individuals, but let me just say I immensely enjoy all entries! I am not going to partake because I am bloody lazy and I already bought ReSpire anyways (ad had my mate buy it too), so no reason for me to even try to win... But yeah, awesome entries!!

hu-ryu

04 Jun 2017

Daniel36 wrote:I am not going to name individuals, but let me just say I immensely enjoy all entries! I am not going to partake because I am bloody lazy and I already bought ReSpire anyways (ad had my mate buy it too), so no reason for me to even try to win... But yeah, awesome entries!!

I've bought ReSpire too, but the presets would be the icing on the cake. Heck, I feel like getting them now out of curiosity. I suppose the winners could alternatively get the VST version for free or even more presets? Up to them anyway.

But I'm not primarily in it to win, it just motivates me to write something rather than "wasting" more time playing computer games or sleeping in to 1pm. :puf_bigsmile:

Also I did not know the newer entries don't have to supersede the older ones! I could keep going and do an EP or even an album! It is a lot of fun. :twisted:

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

I've been having a ton of fun using ReSpire and really looking forward to creating more music with it.

Here's my entry. Enjoy and good luck to all!

All synths are ReSpire, drums are samples used in Kong and I recorded vocals, which are pitched up an octave.

Daniel36

05 Jun 2017

hu-ryu wrote: I've bought ReSpire too, but the presets would be the icing on the cake. Heck, I feel like getting them now out of curiosity. I suppose the winners could alternatively get the VST version for free or even more presets? Up to them anyway.

But I'm not primarily in it to win, it just motivates me to write something rather than "wasting" more time playing computer games or sleeping in to 1pm. :puf_bigsmile:

Also I did not know the newer entries don't have to supersede the older ones! I could keep going and do an EP or even an album! It is a lot of fun. :twisted:
Yeah, I also already got one of the preset packs. Hahaha.

I bought the Into the Deep vol. 2 one, full pack. It's really awesome! The construction kits are very helpful in reverse engineering the deep house sound. For example, I think one of the tracks uses 3 different bass patches consecutively to create a very interesting bassline. I guess I could've figured it out by listening to deep house tracks super critically, but this makes it so much easier to figure out how they did it by hearing it isolated. Also, each construction kit has the used patches in an extra folder. Very small touch, but it's those little things that makes me appreciate it all the more!

In that respect, even if it was just one construction kit in its entirety, it would've been worth the 30 bucks. Now I get 8 I think plus 80 presets or something. Yeah, I am happy!

gullum

05 Jun 2017

Daniel36 wrote:I am not going to name individuals, but let me just say I immensely enjoy all entries! I am not going to partake because I am bloody lazy and I already bought ReSpire anyways (ad had my mate buy it too), so no reason for me to even try to win... But yeah, awesome entries!!
I started adding Respire to this song and ended up using Respire for all sound and thought why not just sample some drums sound from form it too. then I had a song with only spire sounds and saw no reason not to enter-

• Information