Reveal Sound ReSpire Song Challenge

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

18 May 2017

Welcome to the Reveal Sound and Reasonistas ReSpire Synthesizer Song Challenge.

Reveal Sound ReSpire Song Challenge.png
Reveal Sound ReSpire Song Challenge.png (437.19 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
THE RULES
  • Judge's decision is final
  • Only 3 winners with no cash alternative.
  • Song challenge begins Thursday, May 18th, 2017
  • Song challenge ends Friday, June 16th, 2017 @ 11:59 pm EST
  • After the closing date, you are not allowed to change, alter or resubmit your entry. Any re-submissions or alterations will result in disqualification
  • All entrants, when requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing a copy of the Reason song file to verify that only the ReSpire Synthesizer was used for synth sounds.
What you may use in your song (with copyright permission):
  • ReSpire Synthesizer for all synth sounds
  • Any Reason native and all rack extension Effects and Utilities, including R9 "Players" (no external plug-ins or hardware)
  • Any Factory Sound Bank FX/drums and/or 3rd party FX/drum sample libraries, but not FX/drums or samples from VST plug-ins.
  • Any recorded instruments and vocals (excluding external synths)
  • Any vocal samples
  • Any collaboration for any of the above
What you may not use in your song:
  • No synth that is not ReSpire Synthesizer unless for modulation purposes
  • No external plug-ins or hardware
  • No instrument samples (you can use FSB drums samples and samples of ReSpire Synthesizer but keep source file for verification)
  • No programs outside of Reason that generate synth sounds
  • No copyrighted material
  • No cover songs
THE SUBMISSION
All participants must post their song in this thread and we will update the OP to include each entry. This confirms your song was accepted.

THE JUDGES
Reveal Sound Team
Noel G. @ Reasonistas

The judging will be based off the following criteria:
  • Showcasing of ReSpire Synthesizer (this is critical)
  • Arrangement and songwriting
  • Originality and creativity
  • Mixing and engineering
THE PRIZES
1st place: Reveal Sound ReSpire Rack Extension + 4 sound banks (Refill converter will be available)
2nd place: Reveal Sound ReSpire Rack Extension + 2 sound banks (Refill converter will be available)
3rd place: Reveal Sound ReSpire Rack Extension (only 800+ factory sounds)

ReSpire Synthesizer shop page: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-respire/

Good luck to everyone!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Accepted entries will be posted below.

Entry # 1 - Dante (Hitfoundry)- X-ATron (Respire Remix)

Entry # 2 - Miguel Catalão - Exploding Quasar - Respire Contest

Entry # 3 - RE8ET - RESPIRE STATION V - 34 F1 - 2 Mixdown

Entry # 4 - Noise Shadow - 8 Bit Machine // (Spire Central Processing Unit)

Entry # 5 - hu-ryu (xm official music) - Like Snow (Reveal Sound ReSpire Song Challenge)

Entry # 6 - Kombucha Ken - Los Pollos Hermanos

Entry # 7 - Noise Shadow - Hologramatic

Entry # 8 - gullum (Gulli) - Let Love ReSpire You

Entry # 9 - Junkish - DeSpire (for the ReSpire Song Challenge)

Entry # 10 - hu-ryu (xm official music) - A Matter of Time

Entry # 11 - Strangers - Broken Window

Entry # 12 - Hauser + Quaid - Save Me

Entry # 13 - K.Markov - ReSpire Sonido

Entry # 14 - Arrant - ReInSpire

Entry # 15 - imo81 - Positiveness (ReSpire Song Contest)

Entry # 16 - stratatonic (user35) - The Mating Dance of the Spindly-Legged GrüdgenSquelcher

Entry # 17 - teddymcw - ReSpire at 67

Entry # 18 - hu-ryu (xm official music) - All I can see

Entry # 19 - Advanced Suite - Respiring

Entry # 20 - mystile - ONE

Entry # 21 - deanc2000 - I KnowThisByHeart

Entry # 22 - DNGmaestro (Andrew One) - Still Want More

Entry # 23 - flavolous - Respirate

Entry # 24 - Electric-Metal (SynapticLunacy) - Arrival

Entry # 25 - Plastic Fractal - Parallel Shadows

Entry # 26 - Luxuria23 - An Ironic Misuse Of The Word Irony

Entry # 27 - Fieldframe - Stories From Systems

Entry # 28 - Advanced Suite - Respired

Entry # 29 - saidnelson (Nelmoe) - Doucement

Entry # 30 - AJ 3000 (Zhi Zhu ) - Aspiring To Nothing
Last edited by Reasonistas on 23 Jun 2017, edited 25 times in total.
ImageImageImage

eusti

18 May 2017

I guess there will be a lot of bounce in place with this one! ;)

D.

Billy+

18 May 2017

all i want to know is will the updates be free or will i regret buying the Preview Edition, rather then VST. also is there a patch converter i have a few sbf and spf files from sound packs ive paid for how do i get them in the re version

Reasonistas
RE Developer

18 May 2017

Billy wrote:all i want to know is will the updates be free or will i regret buying the Preview Edition, rather then VST. also is there a patch converter i have a few sbf and spf files from sound packs ive paid for how do i get them in the re version
Here is some additional information:
1. The $/€ 59.00 intro price is highest possible discount for ReSpire and it expires at the end of May 2017.
2. The current preview version will be updated to full version after some new features and fixes have been added.
3. Updates for ReSpire will be free.
4. Reveal Sound are working on converter for presets, which will be released soon.
Last edited by Reasonistas on 19 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Billy+

18 May 2017

Noel G. wrote:
Here is some additional information:
1. The $/€ 59.00 intro price is highest possible discount for ReSpire,
2. The current preview version will be updated to full version after some new features and fixes have been added,
3. Updates for ReSpire will be free.
4. Reveal Sound are working on converter for presets, which will be released soon.

thanks, awesome news. its paid for.

scratchnsnifff

19 May 2017

Thanks for the clarification on the patch subject Noel, il enter the contest even though I already bought spire :) just want those soundbanks. Watch out everyone I got this one XD
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

hu-ryu

19 May 2017

Are we allowed to use VSTs to master the track?

Regards,
X.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

19 May 2017

hu-ryu wrote:Are we allowed to use VSTs to master the track?

Regards,
X.
No VSTs permitted in this song challenge.
ImageImageImage

strangers
Competition Winner

19 May 2017

Since ReSpire is a nightmare CPU-wise, is it acceptable to bounce to audio? If so, what is the best way to keep record of what was used in the event proof is needed?

hu-ryu

19 May 2017

strangers wrote:Since ReSpire is a nightmare CPU-wise, is it acceptable to bounce to audio? If so, what is the best way to keep record of what was used in the event proof is needed?
+1

My next question too. For ease and convenience I've bounced it into a new project. But only use Rack Extension effects!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

19 May 2017

hu-ryu wrote:
strangers wrote:Since ReSpire is a nightmare CPU-wise, is it acceptable to bounce to audio? If so, what is the best way to keep record of what was used in the event proof is needed?
+1

My next question too. For ease and convenience I've bounced it into a new project. But only use Rack Extension effects!
Sorry user strangers, I received your pm, but was busy wrapping up some other projects. You may bounce the midi to audio, but you'll need to keep the original midi clip(s) in a Reason song file so we can verify the sound source was ReSpire. We know it is a bit of a pain, but that is the only way to verify compliance in these cases. Good luck!
ImageImageImage

Nerveclinic

20 May 2017

So the first three place prizes are the ReSpire synth. But the sale ends at the end of May while the contest ends mid June.

So either you buy the synth before the end of May at the better price. Or you wait until the end of the contest to see if you won, but then have to pay full price for the synth if you lose.

Does anyone besides me see the dilemma?

Suddenly the contest is pointless if you feel compelled to buy the synth at the great low price it is at now.

thotbott

20 May 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:So the first three place prizes are the ReSpire synth. But the sale ends at the end of May while the contest ends mid June.

So either you buy the synth before the end of May at the better price. Or you wait until the end of the contest to see if you won, but then have to pay full price for the synth if you lose.

Suddenly the contest is pointless if you feel compelled to buy the synth at the great low price it is at now.

this man has the right idea. Am interested in doing the song challenge and buying it while its on sale.but whats the point of trying to win it if you want to possibly save money if you dont win. maybe extend the sale price to people doing the soong challenge if they prove they have submitted a track?

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 May 2017

Thinking of entering, already bought the product due to may deadline. Hope there is something on offer if I somehow reach my lofty goal of third place ;)

Dante

20 May 2017

This one uses 7 ReSpire instances, Jackbox 7R707 (RE) and Rob Papens Punch BD (RE) for the kick drum (hope thats allowed)

I already own ReSpire so entering for the soundbanks only I guess :)

thotbott

21 May 2017

also, who do i talk to about a bug in respire? i can reproduce it and it crashes respire every time

actually, its crashing every 5 min on me, loads of different issues that i can reproduce. moving the env3 and the reverb time is crashing the re.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

21 May 2017

thotbott wrote:also, who do i talk to about a bug in respire? i can reproduce it and it crashes respire every time

actually, its crashing every 5 min on me, loads of different issues that i can reproduce. moving the env3 and the reverb time is crashing the re.
Please report bugs to support@reveal-sound.com
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

21 May 2017

thotbott wrote:
Nerveclinic wrote:So the first three place prizes are the ReSpire synth. But the sale ends at the end of May while the contest ends mid June.

this man has the right idea. Am interested in doing the song challenge and buying it while its on sale.but whats the point of trying to win it if you want to possibly save money if you dont win. maybe extend the sale price to people doing the soong challenge if they prove they have submitted a track?
We're looking into this and will let everyone know.
ImageImageImage

mcatalao
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

Hey guys!

This is my first contest participation.

Most of this song was done with ReSpire with the following exceptions:

- Flute played by me, is an Indian C Bansuri
- High Percussions are 2 dr rex patches from the Factory Refill
- 808 Kong patch from Factory Refill

The main lead was also played with a AKAI USB.
All effects and rises in the middle, are from spire too.

Tape Stops are from Sononics GSX.

Hope you like it!!!

Last edited by mcatalao on 21 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

UltraRiddim, my Entry.

Last edited by Re8et on 21 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

mcatalao wrote:Hey guys!

Hope you like it!!!

Cool track! :thumbs_up:

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 May 2017

I like Jethro Tull a lot, but if it's similar it was not intended.

Glad you liked it!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

whannel

24 May 2017

How does ReSpire compare to the VST in terms of CPU does anyone know? Get around 4 instances of the VST demo in FL, ordered a copy of Reason Essentials but it was opened/serial used... debating whether to keep trying or just get the VST one day if I get a better pc than my work's Surface Pro 2.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

24 May 2017

thotbott wrote:

Good news! Reveal Sound will extend the initial pricing for ReSpire till 23 of June. That's an additional week after the Song Challenge deadline to give us time to announce the winners. Good luck to everyone.
ImageImageImage

mcatalao
Competition Winner

24 May 2017

whannel wrote:How does ReSpire compare to the VST in terms of CPU does anyone know? Get around 4 instances of the VST demo in FL, ordered a copy of Reason Essentials but it was opened/serial used... debating whether to keep trying or just get the VST one day if I get a better pc than my work's Surface Pro 2.
Hi. I don't have the vst version, but comparing to other synths in Reason the re is very cpu hungry. My contest song has 15 Respire instances, and caps the cpu on the verse, so I had to bounce in place 3 instances. The amount of instances depends on the complexity of the patch.

Anyhow... I have a surface 4pro, and for music Imho its quite a limited machine by any standards.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

• Information