ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ashpool

31 May 2017

Reveal Sound FB.png
Reveal Sound FB.png (204.25 KiB) Viewed 3479 times

stp2015

31 May 2017

Ok, we are getting there. This is probably the version that should have been the launch version.

Now there really is no reasons not to get this AMAZING synth for 59 Euros.

Maybe some forum members still have some doubts, but at this point it does really look like they are following through on their promises (which include CV and audio in as well as the VST patch converter.

:D

jjkjjk

31 May 2017

Does the update ease CPU usage? This is probably my only barrier to purchase

abeonis

31 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:Ok, we are getting there. This is probably the version that should have been the launch version.

Maybe some forum members still have some doubts, but at this point it does really look like they are following through on their promises (which include CV and audio in as well as the VST patch converter.

Great news. Thanks. How can we access the VST patch converter?
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

theshoemaker

31 May 2017

jjkjjk wrote:Does the update ease CPU usage? This is probably my only barrier to purchase
They stated a couple of times, that CPU optimization is on their TODO list. Hopefully. Besides that, I don't miss much CV right now, because the internal routing with the ModMatrix is quite powerfull. Yet, looking forward to it
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

EnochLight

31 May 2017

abeonis wrote:
stp2015 wrote:Ok, we are getting there. This is probably the version that should have been the launch version.

Great news. Thanks. How can we access the VST patch converter?
It's not out yet (though they are currently selling converted versions of their patch libraries for the RE in their own shop). I think stp2015 meant that they are moving in that direction with this latest update that addresses some bugs ...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

31 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:are OSC volume knobs now automatable?
Yes.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fotizimo

31 May 2017

So I am just loving the sounds that can be made with this synth, but I have to admit, on My Surface Pro i7/8gb, I can't go anywhere near the PAD folder without that lovely digital distortion and crackling sound we all love. Playing the same settings on the VST only drives the DSP to 3 bars while the RE goes into the red.

So there is some optimizing to do, but this is the right synth at the right time and at the right price me. Worth every penny.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

madmacman

01 Jun 2017

Ok, enough of the automation/buggy/CPU topics.

Here's another one: Is it just me or is the UI horrible? Especially the (not) dropdowns are cumbersome. And the ADSR is cheating (only curveform, not true equivalent to ADSR settings). Or did I miss something? The presets are nice - without doubt. But whenever I open the Trial in my rack, ReSpire's usability drives me nuts... maybe not a synth for me...

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:Ok, enough of the automation/buggy/CPU topics.

Here's another one: Is it just me or is the UI horrible? Especially the (not) dropdowns are cumbersome. And the ADSR is cheating (only curveform, not true equivalent to ADSR settings). Or did I miss something? The presets are nice - without doubt. But whenever I open the Trial in my rack, ReSpire's usability drives me nuts... maybe not a synth for me...
The ADSR visualization is a little disappointing, especially compared to the detailed displays in Expanse. Perhaps the Expanse 1.0-style non-drop-downs will be replaced when they move to SDK 2, just like Blamsoft did.

What really irks me about ReSpire's UI, though, is the way most of the space is taken up by huge knobs and then almost half of the functionality is crammed into a tiny box in the bottom corner. I actually made a mockup of a way they could improve the UI by making all the knobs a reasonable size and expanding the bottom display: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7501120&hilit=Resized

EnochLight

01 Jun 2017

fieldframe wrote:
madmacman wrote:Ok, enough of the automation/buggy/CPU topics.

The ADSR visualization is a little disappointing, especially compared to the detailed displays in Expanse. Perhaps the Expanse 1.0-style non-drop-downs will be replaced when they move to SDK 2, just like Blamsoft did.

What really irks me about ReSpire's UI, though, is the way most of the space is taken up by huge knobs and then almost half of the functionality is crammed into a tiny box in the bottom corner. I actually made a mockup of a way they could improve the UI by making all the knobs a reasonable size and expanding the bottom display: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7501120&hilit=Resized
I'm confident that Reveal Sound will eventually get around to addressing many of these issues.

madmacman

01 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote: I'm confident that Reveal Sound will eventually get around to addressing many of these issues.
After reading further in this thread, your reply seems to be a little more complicated. I mean the "conflict" between users before Reason 9.2 / SDK 2.5 and the users of latest versions. I understand that people who don't want to upgrade to Reason 9.2 or later (for whatever reason) want to save their investments, but on the other hand: the rack extensions could be much more sophisticated (blamsoft Expanse 2 is a stupendous example) when leaving the previous shortcomings behind.

difficult decisions for devs

EnochLight

01 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
EnochLight wrote: I'm confident that Reveal Sound will eventually get around to addressing many of these issues.
After reading further in this thread, your reply seems to be a little more complicated. I mean the "conflict" between users before Reason 9.2 / SDK 2.5 and the users of latest versions. I understand that people who don't want to upgrade to Reason 9.2 or later (for whatever reason) want to save their investments, but on the other hand: the rack extensions could be much more sophisticated (blamsoft Expanse 2 is a stupendous example) when leaving the previous shortcomings behind.

difficult decisions for devs
True, but when over 75% of users are on 9.x, a dev must ask themselves if perfecting their product is more important than not - even if it pisses off 25% of the users who insist to stay on an old version of Reason. Hopefully they'll address the criticle bugs that have been plaguing users, and then save the GUI/UX improvements for 9.x users so pre-9.x users won't feel quite as slighted.

fotizimo

01 Jun 2017

See, with any software application, you have to accept the idea that if you do not go for paid upgrades, you will be stuck with what you have presently got. Free updates are a different thing, but all users of Reason going back to the beginning, know that major upgrades are paid for.

No one can honestly expect Propellerheads to lose money on development, because they do not want to pay for upgrades. That is literally one of their main sources of income.

If you do not pay for Reason upgrades, do not complain when new products come out for the software which you cannot participate in. That is like complaining that the house you bought isn't getting new flooring when you didn't pay for flooring upgrades, but the people down the road did and are loving their new floor.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

EnochLight

01 Jun 2017

fotizimo wrote:See, with any software application, you have to accept the idea that if you do not go for paid upgrades, you will be stuck with what you have presently got. Free updates are a different thing, but all users of Reason going back to the beginning, know that major upgrades are paid for.

No one can honestly expect Propellerheads to lose money on development, because they do not want to pay for upgrades. That is literally one of their main sources of income.

If you do not pay for Reason upgrades, do not complain when new products come out for the software which you cannot participate in. That is like complaining that the house you bought isn't getting new flooring when you didn't pay for flooring upgrades, but the people down the road did and are loving their new floor.
I think the concern in this particular case is that Spire RE will be updated to the newer SDK that requires 9.2 or later (to address GUI/UX criticisms), and critical bug fixes will be addressed only in that (presumably free) update. People who bought Spire RE at the intro price that works on pre-9.2 Reason shouldn't have to pay to upgrade to Reason 9.2+ just to get critical bug fixes addressed in the RE, though.

But, this is all speculation. Until Reveal Sound actually take action, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out! :)

WillyOD

02 Jun 2017

ReSpire 1.0.3 out.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-respire/

For some reason you have to "purchase" the upgrade.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

gullum

02 Jun 2017

WillyOD wrote:ReSpire 1.0.3 out.

Are you sure you are logged in for me it said free uppdate

zumBeispiel

02 Jun 2017

WillyOD wrote:

Not here, just updated it as usual through "SYNC ALL".

WillyOD

02 Jun 2017

Ok, that's strange. Yeah, it was a free update but I had to purchase/download it again, just doing a "sync all" through account page didn't update.

Don't remember this happening before.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

abeonis

02 Jun 2017

I updated it from the shop page by clicking on the "Download trial" button and the update process worked perfectly. The product page was not updated with the improvements implemented in this version. Once more.

According to https://www.facebook.com/revealsoundspire/, next version wll be documented on the shop prod
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

miscend

02 Jun 2017

WillyOD wrote:ReSpire 1.0.3 out.

You're a few days late, 1.0.3 was already reported on this thread
sonicbyte wrote:They just update ReSpire to 1.0.3

Can't test it yet, anyone notice any general cpu improvements or feature added ?
Ashpool wrote:Reveal Sound FB.png

Daniel36

02 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote: I think the concern in this particular case is that Spire RE will be updated to the newer SDK that requires 9.2 or later (to address GUI/UX criticisms), and critical bug fixes will be addressed only in that (presumably free) update. People who bought Spire RE at the intro price that works on pre-9.2 Reason shouldn't have to pay to upgrade to Reason 9.2+ just to get critical bug fixes addressed in the RE, though.

But, this is all speculation. Until Reveal Sound actually take action, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out! :)
I had that concern but bought it anyway. The update that came out today is still for R8< users and addresses bugs and adds additional automation! So I am guessing they are fixing the bugs first, for everyone, and then change it to the new SDK to make it more user friendly.

Which is an awesome thing to do and I am glad they did it! Only means you have to update before they release the R9.2 patch. Will thank them on their FB page later.

But now I have to set the table. Time for dinner!

EdGrip

02 Jun 2017

Have Reveal Sound actually given any indication that they plan to release an SDK 2.5 version? Or is that just wild forum speculation?

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

EdGrip wrote:Have Reveal Sound actually given any indication that they plan to release an SDK 2.5 version? Or is that just wild forum speculation?
They haven't made an official public statement anywhere that I am aware of. ;)

madmacman

02 Jun 2017

EdGrip wrote:Have Reveal Sound actually given any indication that they plan to release an SDK 2.5 version? Or is that just wild forum speculation?
I suppose at least the last few discussions in this thread have been triggered by my 1st comment: viewtopic.php?p=335338#p335338

I still think that ReSpire's selectors (e.g. for waveforms) are a mess and with the all new SDK 2.5 many things would be easier to design for the user. That's all. No official statement has come to my knowledge.

• Information