ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
strangers
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
EnochLight wrote: True, but when over 75% of users are on 9.x, a dev must ask themselves if perfecting their product is more important than not - even if it pisses off 25% of the users who insist to stay on an old version of Reason.
Where is this figure sourced from? I'll hazard a guess and say that this is inaccurate. There is a poll on this forum somewhere with over 300 voters saying they are on Reason 9. This is representative only of the most enthusiastic users who actually join a forum specific to the DAW they support, so such a figure in a poll like that is not reflective of reality. Are you referring to a poll elsewhere too? Same problem, only the most enthusiastic Reason users, therefore the ones more likely to stay up to date with versions, are going to vote. Example - I own a Cubase license. If I saw a poll, I wouldn't even bother voting, because I'm not interested in using Cubase for my music, nor joining a Cubase forum. An enthusiastic Cubase user would be all over it.

Plucking a figure from the sky, and with nothing credible to base this on except that poll, I would not be surprised if the real figure was more like 50%. For developers to bring out updates of RE's that require a significant portion of users to upgrade their DAW is a decision made in poor taste. And i is for this reason that I am not buying the discounted buggy ReSpire, because I don't have Reason 9, therefore could be stuck with a broken version for more than one year.
Logged in to surprisingly mention the same thing before Kombucha beat me to it, and most likely worded much better than I was about to. I completely agree with Kombucha. There was no source so I took a not-so wild assumption that the 75% was taken from the poll on this forum, which is not an accurate representation of the Reason user base at all. That's not saying I have any clue of the numbers either, but it's not right to use a poll where a very small portion of users are represented and then use those fudged numbers as fact.

At the end of the day, the synth was released and available for multiple versions of Reason. It's not right to abandon customers who paid for an unfinished product just because latest version users feel they deserve priority and superiority when it was released/available for multiple versions of Reason.

Disclaimer: I'm not claiming Reveal Sound will abandon anyone nor am I claiming anyone demanded priority or superiority; my post is not a shot at anyone nor meant to be negative. Merely trying to present two sides of the coin.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

Nektar Panorama mapping is ready for testing, it's a biggie..

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=335929#p335929

PoohBear

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Nektar Panorama mapping is ready for testing, it's a biggie..

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=335929#p335929

oohBear
Freak'n awesome work man!!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dhruan

22 Jun 2017

Just a heads up, IIRC the intro pricing ends tomorrow. So if any of you want to pull the trigger while it is still 59€/$ etc. do it naaaaaow...
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

tanni

22 Jun 2017

So, then the beta status is over tommorow ? And there will come an update ?
Any official sign whats with the patch-converter vst to RE ?
I heard that the vst is much better on CPU than the RE ?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

tanni wrote:
22 Jun 2017
The offer ends tomorrow as the song challenge is over (it was extended due to that so it was meant to end a lot earlier)..
But it would be nice to know what is happening with the Patch-Converter...

tc13

22 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
22 Jun 2017
tanni wrote:
22 Jun 2017
The offer ends tomorrow as the song challenge is over (it was extended due to that so it was meant to end a lot earlier)..
A quote from Reveals Facebook page states:

"Reveal Sound Spire Hi! Our team is working on it. We are planning to release it till the end of the summer :)"

EnochLight

22 Jun 2017

tanni wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Where did you hear that from? I can only run roughly the same amount of Spire VST in Reason as I can Spire RE in Reason. Now, shift to Studio one 3.5, and I can run vastly more instances of Spire VST than Reason...
tc13 wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
22 Jun 2017
tanni wrote:
22 Jun 2017

"Reveal Sound Spire Hi! Our team is working on it. We are planning to release it till the end of the summer :)"
Do they mean, they'll be releasing the patch convertor at the end of the summer??
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

abeonis

22 Jun 2017

ReSpire vs. VST is becoming a headache. What amount of energy lost to decide which one better fits my needs. Or just guessing what RevealSound silence means. If I apply a ridiculously low hourly rate of $10, I should have purchased the VST version long time ago.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

madmacman

22 Jun 2017

I finally decided to buy the RE. I still hate the UI but the price calculation is easy: 800 sounds for 59 bucks is a bargain. Much like a Refill with lots of (tweakable!) sounds.

Even if Reveal never touches the RE again and leaves it "as is", it is still a good deal.

Karim
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:I finally decided to buy the RE. I still hate the UI but the price calculation is easy: 800 sounds for 59 bucks is a bargain. Much like a Refill with lots of (tweakable!) sounds.

Even if Reveal never touches the RE again and leaves it "as is", it is still a good deal.
Good move man! [emoji106]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

FlowerSoldier

22 Jun 2017

It's back to full price...

dvdrtldg

22 Jun 2017

Do they mean, they'll be releasing the patch convertor at the end of the summer??
"Until the end of summer" means they'll release the patch converter over a frustratingly long period of time, in unfinished and unsatisfactory instalments, with vague promises of getting it all sorted out at some point in the future. You know, like ReSpire

EnochLight

22 Jun 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Jun 2017

"Until the end of summer" means they'll release the patch converter over a frustratingly long period of time, in unfinished and unsatisfactory instalments, with vague promises of getting it all sorted out at some point in the future. You know, like ReSpire
LOL! :lol: :puf_bigsmile:

strangers
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Damn. Little bit of a sucker punch for entrants of the song challenge that held off purchasing until winners were announced. Hoping the early intro price lift was an error.

EnochLight

22 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Damn. Little bit of a sucker punch for entrants of the song challenge that held off purchasing until winners were announced. Hoping the early intro price lift was an error.
Weren't winners announced several days ago?

joeyluck

22 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
22 Jun 2017
strangers wrote:
22 Jun 2017
FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Weren't winners announced several days ago?
Not yet. Noel said it will be about a week from June 17th viewtopic.php?p=339169#p339169

So just a couple more days maybe?

Catblack

22 Jun 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Thank goodness you said something, I had it at sale price in my cart still. (And we all know not to trust the price on the checkout page, right kids?)

I was still on the fence with it which is why I didn't just buy it outright. I think the VST announcement caught Reveal off guard and they probably won't finish it. If they'd said anything other then vague promises I might have bought it. That they took it off sale early without any warning just stinks, but confirms my opinion.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

joeyluck

22 Jun 2017

Catblack wrote:
22 Jun 2017
FlowerSoldier wrote:
22 Jun 2017
Thank goodness you said something, I had it at sale price in my cart still. (And we all know not to trust the price on the checkout page, right kids?)

I was still on the fence with it which is why I didn't just buy it outright. I think the VST announcement caught Reveal off guard and they probably won't finish it. If they'd said anything other then vague promises I might have bought it. That they took it off sale early without any warning just stinks, but confirms my opinion.
I'm not sure if it came off of sale early. Noel said they extended the sale until June 23. Which perhaps was set to midnight June 23, Russian time. Which would've been close to 5 hours ago their time that it became June 23. I guess they were planning to have the winners announced by now when they originally set the date? But it's in the very wee hours for them right now. So will have to wait and see if they make an adjustment when they wake up I guess :puf_smile:

EnochLight

22 Jun 2017

Catblack wrote:
22 Jun 2017
I think the VST announcement caught Reveal off guard and they probably won't finish it.
They have no reason to lie to their customers - especially the new ones they picked up with the RE intro price. Changes/fixes in the RE are currently being beta tested right now, in fact. There's a beta forum for it right here at Reasontalk.

DJMaytag

22 Jun 2017

Argh! Had it in my cart easier today, and decided to do the trial, which took it out of my cart... and now it's gone...

That said, yeah... it did seem to be a CPU hog, but it sounded damn nice. Hope it goes back on sale again for Black Friday!

abeonis

23 Jun 2017

Just received this email from Reveal Sound:

Summer sale
Spire 30% Off
+ extra $59 discount for ReSpire owners

What a beautiful day.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

FlowerSoldier

23 Jun 2017

abeonis wrote:
23 Jun 2017

Summer sale
Spire 30% Off

What a beautiful day.
Damnation. $73 after both discounts. I guess I know what I'm doing after work today.

madmacman

23 Jun 2017

abeonis wrote:
23 Jun 2017

Summer sale
Spire 30% Off
Uuuh, :shock: sounds like a good deal. How do you prove your ReSpire purchase? Do you have to get in touch with their support and receive a coupon from them?

abeonis

23 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
23 Jun 2017
abeonis wrote:
23 Jun 2017

Summer sale
Spire 30% Off
Uuuh, :shock: sounds like a good deal. How do you prove your ReSpire purchase? Do you have to get in touch with their support and receive a coupon from them?
Don't know. I purchased directly the VST version.

• Information