ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

23 May 2017

joeyluck wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:
CV - I know Reveal have said they will add more comprehensive I/O, and I'm sure they will get around to this. But it's a shame it launched with all the IO capability of an IDT. It's unfortunate the VST will have better connectivity than the RE when 9.5 launches in a few days.
Not really. CV found on the back of the VST device is more like automation; like when you assign CV in a Combinator (which you can do with this). You are sending CV to the control rather than the parameter itself. CV found on the back of REs and Reason Devices is different.
Be that as it may ....... Spire needs more holes in it!! :shock:

dvdrtldg

24 May 2017

I've been pretty horrified at this absolute clusterfuck of a release, but this morning I hit the Try button and gotta say even with the current limitations it's a beast of a synth. Been tweaking patches all afternoon and getting lost in the sound, haven't even looked at the manual yet. Probably going to grab it before end of the month, intro price seems too good to miss out on

Reasonistas
RE Developer

24 May 2017

Good news! Reveal Sound will extend the initial pricing for ReSpire till 23 of June. That's an additional week after the Song Challenge deadline to give us time to announce the winners. Good luck to the participants.
ImageImageImage

Oquasec

24 May 2017

Will be looking at this manual to see if it has what I like https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-respire/
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EdGrip

24 May 2017

Does that mean it'll still be in beta by the 23rd of June? ;)
Whatevs. Everyone knows that price is obviously just a mistake anyway and as soon they realise (on the 23rd of June) they'll fix it straight away.

Oquasec

24 May 2017

If they slash that price to 40 bucks I'd get it in june, but I can wait till july or august for it.
[Oberon is currently in my queue ahead of spire]
Producer/Programmer.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 May 2017

Another bug (unless it's been reported, sorry, not checked the entire thread!)

Envelope fader handles have been set to the wrong height, it's impossible to move them without them jumping to the wrong value first.

You can easily test this by clicking the white line in the centre - it jumps the fader. If the fader was set to the correct height, it wouldn't jump.

Similarly, the LFO morph fader handle has been set to the wrong width, although the effect isn't quite as noticeable.

MrMajestic

24 May 2017

Does anyone know if it will be possible to import the VST version soundbanks into the RE version? I know Rob Papen has a utility for some of his plugs.

joeyluck

24 May 2017

MrMajestic wrote:Does anyone know if it will be possible to import the VST version soundbanks into the RE version? I know Rob Papen has a utility for some of his plugs.
According to Reveal Sound, a patch converter is on the way.

EnochLight

24 May 2017

MrMajestic wrote:Does anyone know if it will be possible to import the VST version soundbanks into the RE version? I know Rob Papen has a utility for some of his plugs.
Reveal Sound has gone on record and stated that they are working on a patch converter. They hope to release it soon.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chrischrischris

24 May 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:Another bug (unless it's been reported, sorry, not checked the entire thread!)

Envelope fader handles have been set to the wrong height, it's impossible to move them without them jumping to the wrong value first.
Actually I have been meaning to mention this about Parsec 2 for ages and You just reminded Me. Has anyone else noticed that?

I'm pretty sure that all of the sliders jump about like You're trying to catch A Mouse!

Chris

phuzzed

24 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Reveal Sound has gone on record and stated that they are working on a patch converter. They hope to release it soon.

What about the reverse - creating standard Spire patches in ReSpire? (loadable in Spire)

Electric-Metal

24 May 2017

Maybe they think ahead, and the patch converter works in both directions :puf_bigsmile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

phuzzed

24 May 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:Maybe they think ahead, and the patch converter works in both directions :puf_bigsmile:
hopefully - does it?

EnochLight

24 May 2017

phuzzed wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

What about the reverse - creating standard Spire patches in ReSpire? (loadable in Spire)
We're still waiting for bug fixes, general CV stuff, and CPU optimization - in addition to a patch converter. I wouldn't hold my breath for 2-way patch converting, though that would be pretty killer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MDTerps2015

24 May 2017

Hey i just went dry/wet to pre-delay on the reverb. Kicked me out. Preset was flensburg. Huh. I was adjusting them and I got kicked. Buggolicious.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

MDTerps2015

24 May 2017

Anyone know how long this sale is going to be on?????? I was trialling and totally impressed. I want it. I ran this next to Hydronexius and no comparison. I know they are totally different but looking for the next synth for me. Im loving this ReSpire. The sound is incredible.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

dvdrtldg

24 May 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Anyone know how long this sale is going to be on?????? I was trialling and totally impressed. I want it. I ran this next to Hydronexius and no comparison. I know they are totally different but looking for the next synth for me. Im loving this ReSpire. The sound is incredible.
Discount period has been extended to June 23

Good news for people like me who are impressed by the synth but extremely cautious about rolling the dice on vague assurances of bug fixes, optimisations, CV features etc at some undefined point in the future

Oquasec

24 May 2017

Is there a buglist somewhere for that thing? might get it earlier than the 23rd since I've read the manuals over and over.
A plugin like this needs it's own beta thread or something and have everybody list problems they find in the synth.
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

24 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:A plugin like this needs it's own beta thread or something .
It has it's own beta thread. The only ones who can read it are beta testing it, though.

Zac

24 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Oquasec wrote:A plugin like this needs it's own beta thread or something .
It has it's own beta thread. The only ones who can read it are beta testing it, though.
Hmm, isn't beta testing meant to happen prior to release? These guys are making it up as they go along.

phuzzed

25 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
phuzzed wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

We're still waiting for bug fixes, general CV stuff, and CPU optimization - in addition to a patch converter. I wouldn't hold my breath for 2-way patch converting, though that would be pretty killer.
The reverse direction is of just as much interest to me - maybe more, than Spire > Respire.

gullum

25 May 2017

well kuassa converter works bout ways so they could make it go bout ways, but on a financial point of view VST to RE makes sense, because that opens the RE market to their sound libraries.

theshoemaker

25 May 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Hey i just went dry/wet to pre-delay on the reverb. Kicked me out. Preset was flensburg. Huh. I was adjusting them and I got kicked. Buggolicious.
Disable sync and you are fine again until it gets fixed
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

EdGrip

25 May 2017

I bought it. The dice is rolled. Will Reveal Sound be Rob Papen or will they be U-HE? Place your bets now/before the 23rd of June.

• Information