ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
alex

21 May 2017

I've made of couple of snare sound just for fun. :) ReSpire envelopes are damn punchy and tight! :thumbs_up:
Attachments
TwoPunchyReSpire-Snares.zip
(8.4 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

bsp

21 May 2017

(deleted)
Last edited by bsp on 23 May 2017, edited 3 times in total.

KIKBAK1

21 May 2017

Kinda sucks that they didn't do a RE/VST combo deal, but I'd rather pay 59 bucks now (in its current state) and wait a couple weeks for the bells and whistles,than pay 189 bucks down the line. A deal's a deal, and this seems to be a good 1.
KIKBAK1.com

EnochLight

21 May 2017

KIKBAK1 wrote:Kinda sucks that they didn't do a RE/VST combo deal, but I'd rather pay 59 bucks now (in its current state) and wait a couple weeks few months for the bells and whistles,than pay 189 bucks down the line. A deal's a deal, and this seems to be a good 1.
Fixed that for ya'. :D ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

KIKBAK1

21 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:

Thanks! Hmm, a few months? Is this true?
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

21 May 2017

So a few months for the patch conversion program? There's so many patches for it. The patch coverter is a selling point for me. Someone chime in if you know more about the patch conversion program.
KIKBAK1.com

EnochLight

21 May 2017

KIKBAK1 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Thanks! Hmm, a few months? Is this true?
I'm kidding - I have no idea how long it will take. Probably more than a few weeks though. Hopefully the patch converter will be coming soon.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote:Dear Rebet,

we are working on next update which will include more paramaters available in Combinator, including FX Modules muting. Free patch/bank converter is also will be available soon.

Please revise this, I have a good workstation, but I'm unable to put on the third OSC on this very simple Combi patch I made. CPU enters Valhalla when I try the third OSC in Chord Arp mode.
RESPIRE RE8ET FM KEYS [Arp-F-16].7z
(6.35 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
:redface:
...And thank you, I forgot before to say it.

Edit: Modulating the ReSpire Arp Gate also break through, this patch variation however has more fx's active altogether.
RESPIRE RE8ET FM KEYS [Arp-F-16-LeSpace-90s].7z
(8.36 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
PS, It's possible to bypass al fx with the combinator, but still playing chords on the Key, It hits the red spot with only two OSC.
re8etfmkeys.JPG
re8etfmkeys.JPG (401 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
Last edited by Re8et on 22 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

danc

22 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:After trialling this yesterday, I can say it's certainly an unfinished product. Basic expectations of being able to automate knobs is not possible.
Quite a number of people are saying you can't automate ReSpire... but I was automating instantly, simply by right clicking on the knob or button and clicking 'Edit Automation'. This gives me a new sequencer automation lane, with full ability to edit as I wish.

Ok - this might not be the CV editing route that some people want - but for me it's easily a good enough stop gap, whilst we await the CV controls on the back of the rack and combinator programmer.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

22 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:Really? How about the four oscillator volume knobs at the top? That's what I jumped for immediately, and was quite shocked that 'edit automation' was greyed out. Also not automatable are the rate and fine knobs in the oscillator control box, four LFO knobs, four envelope knobs, plus none of the buttons can be automated for on/off and the parameter menu windows can't either. This thing is totally not what I expect from a Reason device as far as automatable areas is concerned. No idea why the shop OK'd this for sale. Twice.
Agree - not everything is automatable - but I was automating up the OSC side of things (e.g. the FM controls) and it worked a treat.

I think we should congratulate Reveal for taking the bold step of RE dev. Ok - yes they rushed the PREVIEW EDITION to market, no doubt because of the VST announcement.
Check my Soundcloud:

EdGrip

22 May 2017

On the one hand, it must be galling for our devs who always try to get new releases bug-free. On the other hand, we should grab with both hands any big-name developer that chooses to get involved with rack extensions, and be supportive of these... strangers. Even if their..... ways.... seem peculiar and foreign to us.

stratatonic

22 May 2017

I have been only using ReSpire for a couple of days.
This morning I closed out the last ReSpire session and opened a pre-ReSpire project which has only 6 tracks (4 audio, 1 midi, 1 Dr Octo) and the DSP bar was at 3 flickering to 4 on playback. I finally had to shut down Reason and reload the file, and had a normal looking 1 bar DSP load.
I've never seen this behaviour before - I can't say for sure if it's ReSpire related or not. Had some ReSpire notes that wouldn't stop playing as well , even after muting. Had to restart session.
Where the heck is the volume knob?!!

WongoTheSane

22 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:I have been only using ReSpire for a couple of days.
This morning I closed out the last ReSpire session and opened a pre-ReSpire project which has only 6 tracks (4 audio, 1 midi, 1 Dr Octo) and the DSP bar was at 3 flickering to 4 on playback. I finally had to shut down Reason and reload the file, and had a normal looking 1 bar DSP load.
I've never seen this behaviour before - I can't say for sure if it's ReSpire related or not. Had some ReSpire notes that wouldn't stop playing as well , even after muting. Had to restart session.
Safely hidden away in the "Output" section, bottom right:
volume.PNG
volume.PNG (14.36 KiB) Viewed 2151 times

stratatonic

22 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:

volume.PNG
Ahhh...thanks... :)
Hmmm......hiding it away safely like that...I dunno... :(

WongoTheSane

22 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:

volume.PNG
Don't complain, it could be worse:
captcha.PNG
captcha.PNG (15.61 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
:lol:

EnochLight

22 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:

volume.PNG

captcha.PNG

LOL!!!

EnochLight

22 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:These are the ones who actually give a damn. Reveal Sound clearly obviously dont.
Or, they've got parity between both the VST and RE. :lol: I say this part jokingly, but partly not.. I'm not sure how long you've been around since Spire (VST) first came out, but trust me - from the very start they had some pretty serious hiccups. Even their point updates will sometimes introduce a new bug, that takes what seems like ages to sort out.

That said, I've not seen anything from Reveal Sound that suggests they simply don't care. On the contrary, they do get around to fixing things in the VST, so I've no reason to believe that they won't get around to fixing their RE - especially with the amount of attention it's causing.

I agree with you, though, in that this sort of trust and respect should be earned, not automatically given - no matter how bad we want a plugin ported to RE. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks to month.

Oquasec

22 May 2017

Only reason I skipped that vst was cuz I saw it in the shop so Ima wait a while to see if what yall find as far as bugs and junk go before coppin a copy to compose with.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

KIKBAK1

22 May 2017

It's official, deal was too good to pass up! Sold!!
May be a few chinks in the armor, but no big deal.
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

22 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:
Of course, the reality is that if you held off until the announcing of the winners, the $59 deal would be long over
Exactly, why risk it? I'll take my copy now! While deal is in effect.

There are a couple patches that are sustaining notes in the rythmic folder, it even does it if you try changing the patch reminds me of when there's too many midi notes going on, and you have to send a "all midi notes off" command. This isn't a big deal to me, this happens sometimes when I midi hardware to reason, whateves...I can avoid the problem patches.
KIKBAK1.com

househoppin09

23 May 2017

I keep seeing conflicting information on whether or not the new 1.0.2 version has fixed the disastrous sample rate bug. The fact that there's been so little complaining about it in this thread since the update suggests that it has been fixed, I guess?

Also, the shop page doesn't say anything about what's been fixed/changed since the original was pulled. Is there any official word on that? If not, can anyone try to put together a reasonably complete list based on observation and testing? I'm on the fence about whether to get this and that will help.

Also also, to the developer: PLEASE do remember that quite a few of us aren't on Reason 9 yet, and won't be for quite a while longer. We are buying this because we trust you not to leave us out in the cold when it comes to further bugfixes. If we drop the $59 only to be screwed out of all of the important fixes and basic functionality that's still to come, that... will not be good. It's understandable that you'd want to move to the new SDK, but that really needs to wait until the product has been updated to the point of full usability.

electrofux

23 May 2017

KIKBAK1 wrote:
Kombucha wrote:
Of course, the reality is that if you held off until the announcing of the winners, the $59 deal would be long over
Exactly, why risk it? I'll take my copy now! While deal is in effect.

There are a couple patches that are sustaining notes in the rythmic folder, it even does it if you try changing the patch reminds me of when there's too many midi notes going on, and you have to send a "all midi notes off" command. This isn't a big deal to me, this happens sometimes when I midi hardware to reason, whateves...I can avoid the problem patches.
Try changing then mode at the top of the device.

stratatonic

23 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:

volume.PNG

Ha ha...nice... :puf_bigsmile:

Faastwalker

23 May 2017

Keep going back to this while it have it on TRY. My ongoing appraisal as I size this up;

it's LOUD - think it has already been mentioned previously. But output volume seems to be way LOUDER than other RE's. Need to turn that mixer channel down a fair way before I do anything else.

FX - All presets are positively DROWNING in FX. Disabling them means the in your face, fullness starts to diminish. Although the raw sound is still extremely nice, which is very good.

Preview Edition - This is irritating me a little. It says, 'this is ready & the Props have approved it (twice) but it's still a work in progress. I guess this will disappear in due course.

CV - I know Reveal have said they will add more comprehensive I/O, and I'm sure they will get around to this. But it's a shame it launched with all the IO capability of an IDT. It's unfortunate the VST will have better connectivity than the RE when 9.5 launches in a few days.

Sound quality – It’s undeniably lush, full & quite awesome, which is making fold heading towards pay day despite obvious concerns.

joeyluck

23 May 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
CV - I know Reveal have said they will add more comprehensive I/O, and I'm sure they will get around to this. But it's a shame it launched with all the IO capability of an IDT. It's unfortunate the VST will have better connectivity than the RE when 9.5 launches in a few days.
Not really. CV found on the back of the VST device is more like automation; like when you assign CV in a Combinator (which you can do with this). You are sending CV to the control rather than the parameter itself. CV found on the back of REs and Reason Devices is different.

• Information