ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dante

26 May 2017

you would think they would do a bug fix release on current SDK then a separate release later for the SDK based update. Rather than only one release for both which means Reason 8 users would have to upgrade Reason to get the bug fixes

Oquasec

26 May 2017

Various devs put out a price for a product they coded for reasons unknown to many.
Then there's the sea of vsts that have been available to everyone who knew what rewire/emi was before this update.

With that being said, I'd put more than 100$ on a plugin if I saw various features that make me go "Damn, I want that in reason right now"
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Ottostrom

26 May 2017

I feel like sharing a few thoughts about Spire now after I tried it.
I'm not really making a lot of synth sounds nowadays since I try to make more acoustic tracks, so when I heard about Spire it didn't really catch my attention. People were talking about how good it was and I could not understand how it could differ that much from other synths I already have, so I decided to actually try it just for fun. And fun it was! :D This thing is so easy to work with (despite the menus not being the best at this point) and any idea you get you can just cram out instantly. I had no intention of buying it but I know now that I will regret it if I don't. Awesome synth!

phuzzed

26 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:As a Reason 9 owner, I'll be a bit annoyed if ReSpire ends up with a less-than-ideal interface just to keep it backwards-compatible with people who can't use SDK 2.5 yet. I feel that would be rather backwards thinking, were it not for the fact that lots of <9 users have probably bought it by now. I wish they'd just made it SDK2.5 from the outset.
I agree.

abeonis

27 May 2017

phuzzed wrote:
EdGrip wrote:As a Reason 9 owner, I'll be a bit annoyed if ReSpire ends up with a less-than-ideal interface just to keep it backwards-compatible with people who can't use SDK 2.5 yet. I feel that would be rather backwards thinking, were it not for the fact that lots of <9 users have probably bought it by now. I wish they'd just made it SDK2.5 from the outset.
I agree.
I agree too.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

alex

27 May 2017

chrischrischris wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:Another bug (unless it's been reported, sorry, not checked the entire thread!)

Envelope fader handles have been set to the wrong height, it's impossible to move them without them jumping to the wrong value first.
Actually I have been meaning to mention this about Parsec 2 for ages and You just reminded Me. Has anyone else noticed that?

I'm pretty sure that all of the sliders jump about like You're trying to catch A Mouse!

Chris
Yeah, thanks for reminding me too. I confirm that behaviour, both for ReSpire and Parsec 2.
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

alex

27 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote:Dear Rebet,

we are working on next update which will include more paramaters available in Combinator, including FX Modules muting. Free patch/bank converter is also will be available soon.
Dear Reveal Sound,

glad to hear that and thank you for porting Spire in Reason.
It's a stunning sounding synth and having it as a seamlessly integrated Rack Extension inside the Reason Rack is an added value for me!

I have a feature request/suggestion:
when adding CV connections on the back, would you mind to consider adding also CV Inputs for triggering envelopes if possible?
Given the Reason modular approach, I think it would be useful being able to control notes and envelopes separately, via CV.

For example I could have a steady sustained note playing and then decide to retrigger only the filter env or the amp env, later on, through a CV pattern device like matrix or the PSQ-1684. :)

Thanks for you attention.

reveal_sound
RE Developer

27 May 2017

alex wrote:
reveal_sound wrote:Dear Rebet,

we are working on next update which will include more paramaters available in Combinator, including FX Modules muting. Free patch/bank converter is also will be available soon.
Dear Reveal Sound,

glad to hear that and thank you for porting Spire in Reason.
It's a stunning sounding synth and having it as a seamlessly integrated Rack Extension inside the Reason Rack is an added value for me!

I have a feature request/suggestion:
when adding CV connections on the back, would you mind to consider adding also CV Inputs for triggering envelopes if possible?
Given the Reason modular approach, I think it would be useful being able to control notes and envelopes separately, via CV.

For example I could have a steady sustained note playing and then decide to retrigger only the filter env or the amp env, later on, through a CV pattern device like matrix or the PSQ-1684. :)

Thanks for you attention.

Hi alex,

added you suggestion to our plans.

reveal_sound
RE Developer

27 May 2017

If somebody wants to be added to beta user's list, please send me your PH your account via direct message. We have some free licenses and resources for more massive beta test.

EdGrip

27 May 2017

alex wrote: when adding CV connections on the back, would you mind to consider adding also CV Inputs for triggering envelopes if possible?
+1!

And I'm sure I don't need to ask, but CV outs for the envelopes and LFOs, please! (take a lead from eXpanse... XD )
Thanks guys.

alex

28 May 2017

reveal_sound wrote: Hi alex,

added you suggestion to our plans.
Awesome! Thank you so much! :)

RDS

28 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:Ok after many many hours playing with Spire, I'm wondering.. is this the "One Synth to Rule Them All". I've barely touched the surface and I'm not a 'synth guy' really, but Spire really feels like the kind of plug in that can do just about everything sound wise if one got under the hood and tweaked it.

Now of course I'm totally torn on this. I was adamant I wouldn't buy it on special because of the million oversights on release, and I sure as hell would never pay $189 for ANY synth. I was determined not to even try it, but here I am, fighting the urge to purchase it at the super low price of $59USD.

Of the few RE synths I have (off the top of my head I've got Parsec, MonoPoly, KhS One, Ivoks, JPS Harmonic), never have I felt so inspired by a synth as I have with Spire.

The downside of course if do pull the trigger, I'll likely be stuck with the unfinished version even if/when the added development is rolled out on a 9.2+ platform only, until I upgrade my Reason version
Well, 59+129 =188, $1 cheaper for the Reason upgrade AND ReSpire. So in a way it seems to be a smart move to buy ReSpire now, because sooner or later you will upgrade Reason.... :D

Heater

28 May 2017

How long will the sale continue on to. I get paid at the end of the month.

Heater

28 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:
Heater wrote:How long will the sale continue on to. I get paid at the end of the month.
The guy putting on the Spire song challenge says the sale is extended until 23rd June

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7501021&start=25#p332512
Fab. Thanks.

abeonis

28 May 2017

RDS wrote:
Kombucha wrote:Ok after many many hours playing with Spire, I'm wondering.. is this the "One Synth to Rule Them All". I've barely touched the surface and I'm not a 'synth guy' really, but Spire really feels like the kind of plug in that can do just about everything sound wise if one got under the hood and tweaked it.

Now of course I'm totally torn on this. I was adamant I wouldn't buy it on special because of the million oversights on release, and I sure as hell would never pay $189 for ANY synth. I was determined not to even try it, but here I am, fighting the urge to purchase it at the super low price of $59USD.

Of the few RE synths I have (off the top of my head I've got Parsec, MonoPoly, KhS One, Ivoks, JPS Harmonic), never have I felt so inspired by a synth as I have with Spire.

The downside of course if do pull the trigger, I'll likely be stuck with the unfinished version even if/when the added development is rolled out on a 9.2+ platform only, until I upgrade my Reason version
Well, 59+129 =188, $1 cheaper for the Reason upgrade AND ReSpire. So in a way it seems to be a smart move to buy ReSpire now, because sooner or later you will upgrade Reason.... :D
Did I miss something? Does it mean that if we purchase Respire at 59 and we want to upgrade to the VST version for any reason, we just have to pay an upgrade of 129? Can someone please confirm? Thanks.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

abeonis

28 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:
abeonis wrote: Did I miss something? Does it mean that if we purchase Respire at 59 and we want to upgrade to the VST version for any reason, we just have to pay an upgrade of 129? Can someone please confirm? Thanks.
No that's not what I was getting at. There was some talk that any 'optimizations' would be released on SDK2.5, so anyone without a Reason 9 license may not get an update to the original purchase, thus requiring them pay to upgrade Reason.

No idea if they plan to offer a RE/VST deal.

Nor has it been suggested that the RE upgrade itself might carry an extra cost, such as what has happened with 'version2's' of some RE's like Parsec, Steerpike etc.
I see. 129 is the upgrade to Reason 9. Sorry for the confusion. However, Reveal Sound should consider an upgrade plan RE/VST.

EnochLight

28 May 2017

Emperor-Palpatine-Spire.jpg
Emperor-Palpatine-Spire.jpg (79.78 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

28 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:Lol I should really stop listening to your advice. It was your comments earlier that got me to install the trail version.
Lol - sorry man. Just trying to keep things light. ;) That said, when you say things like:
Kombucha wrote:Of the few RE synths I have ... never have I felt so inspired by a synth as I have with Spire.
I think you've already made up your mind. :D
Kombucha wrote:The downside of course if do pull the trigger, I'll likely be stuck with the unfinished version even if/when the added development is rolled out on a 9.2+ platform only, until I upgrade my Reason version
I don't think that's what Reveal Sound plans. I think they intend to fix bugs on the current version, and then move to improving the GUI/UX with the newer SDK (which will require 9.2 at that point). Still, we already talked about this (upgrading or not upgrading to 9.x)... why hold out for Reason 10? Buying Spire RE and then eventually 9.X is still cheaper than Spire VST.

Judging from the noise that 9.5 has caused, and judging from their past release history, you'll likely be waiting at least until the end of 2017 for version 10, and very likely not until sometime in 2018. Why miss out?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

abeonis

29 May 2017

My second choice besides Respire is PredatorRE. Currently there are two versions, one for RE and an improved version for VST (Predator 2). The VST version got the highest priority for improvement, probably because it targets the bigest market. Predator 2/VST is fantastic and I would love it replaces my RE version. It is not possible currently (No upgrade version). This scenario could apply to Respire as well and if we decide to go the RE path, there is a risk to miss a newer version based on VST. Unless Reveal Sound creates an upgrade RE2VST, I am encline to go the safer way: Reason 9.5 and Spire VST.

fotizimo

30 May 2017

Has anyone heard if Reveal Sound is offering a discount on the VST if someone buys ReSpire?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

abeonis

31 May 2017

Great. Said in other words. Reveal Sound? Allo? This discount will probably represent additional revenue for you amd more captive customers. At the same time, we your customers, protect our investment and will be your de-facto Respire beta testers.

sonicbyte

31 May 2017

They just update ReSpire to 1.0.3

Can't test it yet, anyone notice any general cpu improvements or feature added ?

Ashpool

31 May 2017

sonicbyte wrote:They just update ReSpire to 1.0.3

Can't test it yet, anyone notice any general cpu improvements or feature added ?
I am curious too! At least it seems not to be a "Preview Edition" anymore...

bsp

31 May 2017

A few things I noticed / have been waiting for:

- The envelope curves (lin/exp/log) can now be edited / do not crash the RE anymore
- "Edit Automation" is now available for the OSC levels
- A lot of automatable combinator target params have been added (e.g. filter 1/2 and osc types)

there are - most likely - other changes / improvements.

abeonis

31 May 2017

Ashpool wrote:

I am curious too! At least it seems not to be a "Preview Edition" anymore...
Me too, Any decent synth Props RE page explains what have been fixed and what new features have been added in a new version.

• Information