ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nooomy

25 May 2017

Aaaargh! i love the RE-Spire but it is fucked up when i export the song. It dose not follow the filter automation.. anyone knows how to fix that?

Oquasec

25 May 2017

nooomy wrote:Aaaargh! i love the RE-Spire but it is fucked up when i export the song. It does not follow the filter automation.. anyone knows how to fix that?
Good find, will hold off that thing till later in the sale cycle.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

nooomy

25 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:
nooomy wrote:Aaaargh! i love the RE-Spire but it is fucked up when i export the song. It does not follow the filter automation.. anyone knows how to fix that?
Good find, will hold off that thing till later in the sale cycle.
i think i know what causes it... If you have the "player marker" in the middle of the song when you start exporting the song, the RE-spire filter will be set in that filter freq.

So the way to fix it to put the player marker in the beginning of the song. Altho im not 100% if it fix it, it could also just be a random bug.... :|

another way to fix it would be that you "bounce it in place" check its the correct sound and then export the song

Oquasec

25 May 2017

Oh. doesn't sound like a bug then. Might get it early then if that's the case
Producer/Programmer.

EnochLight

25 May 2017

Zac wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Oquasec wrote:A plugin like this needs it's own beta thread or something .
It has it's own beta thread. The only ones who can read it are beta testing it, though.
Hmm, isn't beta testing meant to happen prior to release? These guys are making it up as they go along.
One would think. That said, I would hope that beta testing for new versions meant to fix prior versions occurs. Wouldn't you?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chk071

25 May 2017

Well, if you're finished then, i'm sure Reveal-Sound would appreciate you sending in a bug report with your findings, to make sure they get rid of those bugs you found.
:reason: :rebirth:

EnochLight

25 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:
EnochLight wrote: I would hope that beta testing for new versions meant to fix prior versions occurs. Wouldn't you?
Uhm OK I suppose :?

ReSpire is a total mess, as an RE. I'm now at around 15 hours of playing with it over the last few days, and while it sound fabulous, there are a LOT of WTFs. Was trying to automate the pitch bend ranges. No go. And I'm still totally mortified by an inability to automate each of the four osc volumes. IMO this is where ReSpire would go places.

In the current state, it's like a synth from the future, built in the past, transported to 2017, broke down, can't find a mechanic, sent to the one million monkeys who could write a novel, given enough typewriters. They weren't able to fix the obvious, so they teleported the code to Sweden, and it was published for sale anyway. And everyone thinks they are getting a bargain because it's 'on special'. For God's sake, people, it says 'Preview Edition' right on the front. And half the automations don't work. This is not a ready-for-sale plugin !
yep.gif
yep.gif (129.04 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

25 May 2017

Spire dipping into reasonland is welcome :]
As long as it's not gonna make you pay full price for the complete version when it's actually done I'm fine with gettin it on like june 15th-23rd. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.

chk071

25 May 2017

Well, they wrote on their FB page that the intro price will be valid until the end of May. The PH shop page says 189 € is the regular price.

BTW, the VST version, which is identical feature wise is 189 € for years now. They do have 30% off sales throughout the year though, so, i'm sure people will be able to grab ReSpire discounted after May ends at some point too.

EnochLight

25 May 2017

chk071 wrote:Well, they wrote on their FB page that the intro price will be valid until the end of May. The PH shop page says 189 € is the regular price.
According to NoelG, who is running the Spire song competition, Reveal Sound is extending the promo price to the 23rd of June. I haven't read an official statement from them either, though.

chk071

25 May 2017

Alright, didn't know, that's nice. :)

joel

26 May 2017

on http://reveal-sound.com/store/templates
here, there are 3free templates or songs for reason ReSpire :
-tron legacy theme project
-spire EDM project
and de jm jarre oxygene 2 projects, i tried this one , juste a few seconds becauses 22 instances de ReSpire: my cpu crash

EdGrip

26 May 2017

What's that?
All Spire presets are now available as ReSpire refills? Why yes, yes they are. Have a look. http://reveal-sound.com/store/label/revealsound
Thanks for the tip, Noel!

tumar

26 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
chk071 wrote:Well, they wrote on their FB page that the intro price will be valid until the end of May. The PH shop page says 189 € is the regular price.
According to NoelG, who is running the Spire song competition, Reveal Sound is extending the promo price to the 23rd of June. I haven't read an official statement from them either, though.
It's on their facebook.

EdGrip

26 May 2017

...I must say, I'm looking forward to some ReSpire refills from some of our own Reason sound designers.

electrofux

26 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:What's that?
All Spire presets are now available as ReSpire refills? Why yes, yes they are. Have a look. http://reveal-sound.com/store/label/revealsound
Thanks for the tip, Noel!
Downloaded most of the free packs but i cant find a refill in there, only fxb.

Edit: in some of them are Reason templates though

EdGrip

26 May 2017

I think all of the free packs are already included in the ReSpire fsb.
Sorry - I didn't mean refills. Only that all of the preset packs now come in ReSpire format so you don't need a converter if you want to buy them now. (Although the converter is still in the works.)

strangers
Competition Winner

26 May 2017

Anyone happen to know if the updated version of ReSpire will require Reason 9+ for sure? 8.3 user which leaves me on the fence if anyone under 9 is left in the dust.

abeonis

26 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:I think all of the free packs are already included in the ReSpire fsb.
Sorry - I didn't mean refills. Only that all of the preset packs now come in ReSpire format so you don't need a converter if you want to buy them now. (Although the converter is still in the works.)
Not all preset packs are available for Respire. Only those from Reveal Sound. The converter is still needed. BTW, can I be confident that ALL packs can be automatically converted? Any exceptions?

Still wondering wich one of the Spires I'll purchase.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

EnochLight

26 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:...I must say, I'm looking forward to some ReSpire refills from some of our own Reason sound designers.
I am as well, assuming they utilize Combi that take advantage of Reason's advanced CV and routing, as well as some effects, etc. Otherwise, what already comes with Spire (800+ patches) and the myriad of industry-acclaimed libraries that are already available have set a pretty high bar to hit, IMHO.
abeonis wrote:Not all preset packs are available for Respire. Only those from Reveal Sound. The converter is still needed. BTW, can I be confident that ALL packs can be automatically converted? Any exceptions?

Still wondering wich one of the Spires I'll purchase.
I'm guessing that once the converter goes live, you'll be able to convert any patches - including 3rd party stuff. The reason why you only see Reveal Sound's content as being available right now likely has to do with licensing or the fact that other sound designers should have control over their content.

Once the converter goes live, though, there's nothing to stop you from converting any patch into an RE patch. The format that 3rd party sound designers do for Spire are the exact same format as Reveal Sound's.

esselfortium

26 May 2017

strangers wrote:Anyone happen to know if the updated version of ReSpire will require Reason 9+ for sure? 8.3 user which leaves me on the fence if anyone under 9 is left in the dust.
In order to update the menus to add subgroups and such, it needs to get on the latest RE SDK, which requires Reason 9.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

evolve187

26 May 2017

I took the leap and bought it....Trusting that the developer will stay true to their words about fixing issues and updating (for free)

i just couldn't bear the thought of not having it in my rack...it sounds great and at this price it was the only way it would happen cause $189 it a bit steep for any synth IMO.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

EdGrip

26 May 2017

As a Reason 9 owner, I'll be a bit annoyed if ReSpire ends up with a less-than-ideal interface just to keep it backwards-compatible with people who can't use SDK 2.5 yet. I feel that would be rather backwards thinking, were it not for the fact that lots of <9 users have probably bought it by now. I wish they'd just made it SDK2.5 from the outset.

strangers
Competition Winner

26 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:
strangers wrote:Anyone happen to know if the updated version of ReSpire will require Reason 9+ for sure? 8.3 user which leaves me on the fence if anyone under 9 is left in the dust.
In order to update the menus to add subgroups and such, it needs to get on the latest RE SDK, which requires Reason 9.
Makes perfect sense and what I was expecting after a previous post they made. If I were to get it now but not update to the latest version of Reason at whatever time, I'd still be able to run the buggy version I'm using now, correct?

esselfortium

26 May 2017

strangers wrote:
esselfortium wrote:
Makes perfect sense and what I was expecting after a previous post they made. If I were to get it now but not update to the latest version of Reason at whatever time, I'd still be able to run the buggy version I'm using now, correct?
That's correct.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

• Information