ReSpire RE back in the shop - Still on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Oquasec

23 Jun 2017

I will prolly get spire later, but it was honestly terrrrrrrible timing on that one. they should have waited till july or august.

Let me know when they iron it out or if it's ironed out already.

I'll be getting these before spire
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:
23 Jun 2017
I will prolly get spire later, but it was honestly terrrrrrrible timing on that one. they should have waited till july or august.

Let me know when they iron it out or if it's ironed out already.

I'll be getting these before spire
Thanks for posting these. I knew about Oberon but somehow overlooked 4MER. Gonna demo 4MER and most likely put my money on that since ReSpire jumped to its crazy price before winners were announced. Have you had much experience with 4MER? The demos sound great. I'm looking forward to test driving it this weekend.

EnochLight

23 Jun 2017

strangers wrote:
23 Jun 2017
Have you had much experience with 4MER? The demos sound great. I'm looking forward to test driving it this weekend.
4MER sounds nothing like Spire, has a limited preset library, and is pretty basic IMHO (despite it's GUI/UX). But you might like it; give it a spin!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
23 Jun 2017
strangers wrote:
23 Jun 2017
Have you had much experience with 4MER? The demos sound great. I'm looking forward to test driving it this weekend.
4MER sounds nothing like Spire, has a limited preset library, and is pretty basic IMHO (despite it's GUI/UX). But you might like it; give it a spin!
Sometimes basic is perfect for a specific elements. The limited preset library isn't a big concern. I did read through some 4MER reviews that pointed out some of its downfalls and bugs that I'm curious if they're fixed or not. I'll have to put some time into demoing it. Worst case is I wait for ReSpire to be reasonably priced again.

madmacman

25 Jun 2017

After >24hrs of reconsidering Reveal's summer sale, I'm now worried.

Before (as I stated in previous posts) I thought ReSpire is good "as is", but then with a slight chance for at least some future optimizations. I don't need shiny feature-updates, but at least the current flaws should be addressed.

With the summer sale, it now looks to me like Reveal wants to get rid of ReSpire as fast as possible now that people can use the VST in Reason. I have no other explanation for 100% payment refund of the ReSpire introductory price when buying the VST.

Any opinions? Or arguments against my concerns? Please!!!

phuzzed

25 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

Before (as I stated in previous posts) I thought ReSpire is good "as is", but then with a slight chance for at least some future optimizations. I don't need shiny feature-updates, but at least the current flaws should be addressed.

With the summer sale, it now looks to me like Reveal wants to get rid of ReSpire as fast as possible now that people can use the VST in Reason. I have no other explanation for 100% payment refund of the ReSpire introductory price when buying the VST.

I'm concerned also.

Even if they come good on getting it up to scratch (and lets hope in a timely manner), if it doesn't prove a good seller compared to the VST, it may frustratingly lag in getting updates (if at all).

Unless they (Reveal Sound) really do intend on getting it up to scratch, and commit to treating it as a first class product equivalent to Spire going forward (with updates in sync between Spire and ReSpire), the offer should actually be to swap the ReSpire license for Spire proper at no further cost.
If I had wanted to buy Spire at a total cost of ~2/3s of the regular price (which is what the 'additional discount for ReSpire owners' plus the 1/3 off for Summer sale comes close to) - I would simply have held out for the Summer sale, and not bought ReSpire in the first place.
(I did not want to do that, however - needless to say).

It would be interesting to know the discussion had between Reveal Sound and Propellerheads. The good names of both co.s are on the line with this. And maybe the future prospects of REs vs VSTs more generally. A big risk by Propellerheads has been taken, I think. Props may want to exert some influence or reassurance at this point.

Hopefully all concerns will prove to be wrong. Since it (ReSpire) sounds great! For 2 seconds before computer reports too slow to play...!

I check here often hopeful for indication of an update, or an ETA on the CPU optimisation fix in particular.

eusti

25 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

I see it more as offering customers of ReSpire a deal... Like Rob Papen did... (or Synapse for The Legend owners)...

D.

EnochLight

25 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

phuzzed wrote:
25 Jun 2017
I'm concerned also.
HUH?! I just don't see it that way at all. They're simply rewarding those who bought the RE with a discounted license if you buy the VST - something that RE customers have been asking for from devs since RE's were introduced in Reason.

Really - I think everyone needs to relax and stop over analyzing this, IMHO. Sure Reveal Sound are slow to work, but there's no reason to suggest ReSpire will be abandonware at this point. *

* Now, 6 months from now let's revisit this and see if I'm right LOL
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Daniel36

25 Jun 2017

Since the launch, they have released an update which addressed some issues (including more automation), they have made all of their own preset packs ReSpire compatible, have had a third party release a ReSpire compatible product, and are working on a converter.

I am not worried at all. In fact, I have bought two of those preset packs already, simply to show them I support their support!

lakinlakin

25 Jun 2017

I keep getting this error message when loading ReSpire. Only a reboot (sometimes) sorts it.
respire error.jpg
respire error.jpg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 8527 times
Anyone else get this error?

EnochLight

25 Jun 2017

lakinlakin wrote:
25 Jun 2017
I keep getting this error message when loading ReSpire. Only a reboot (sometimes) sorts it.

respire error.jpg

If you can re-create this, then please email Reveal Sound and report this at: support@reveal-sound.com

fotizimo

25 Jun 2017

Daniel36 wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Since the launch, they have released an update which addressed some issues (including more automation), they have made all of their own preset packs ReSpire compatible, have had a third party release a ReSpire compatible product, and are working on a converter.
Which third-party packs are working with Respire? Do they come as refills, or does Spire use a different file structure?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

lakinlakin wrote:I keep getting this error message when loading ReSpire. Only a reboot (sometimes) sorts it.
respire error.jpg
I had on loading one demo song (I think the Jarre one.. I did not investigate yet 'cause I was in a worry.
[emoji15]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

phuzzed wrote:
25 Jun 2017
I'm concerned also.
HUH?! I just don't see it that way at all. They're simply rewarding those who bought the RE with a discounted license if you buy the VST - something that RE customers have been asking for from devs since RE's were introduced in Reason.

Really - I think everyone needs to relax and stop over analyzing this, IMHO. Sure Reveal Sound are slow to work, but there's no reason to suggest ReSpire will be abandonware at this point. *

I started the counter right now [emoji6]. We wlill see....

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Zac

26 Jun 2017

So it is really nearly two hundred. At least it makes sound unlike the softube piss take. That one was finished though. I feel like a fat lazy fish swimming through the hooks.

Faastwalker

26 Jun 2017

madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

I had concerns when it was $59 with all the issues people were reporting. I tested it & liked it a lot. But it felt a bit half baked to me so I didn't buy at $59. I think there's more chance of the Pope buying it than me now that it's a whopping $189 US!! Maybe once it's finished & it goes on sale. But seriously, who's going to buy the RE for $189 (the same price as the VST!!) after it has been $59?! I think they should have brought this one in much lower, say $129 full price tops, with maybe a 30% discount intro price. I think the intro price was too low to make it seem a likely prospect once it had gone up to full price. That's just my view on it anyway.

phuzzed

27 Jun 2017

Karim wrote:
26 Jun 2017
EnochLight wrote:

I started the counter right now [emoji6]. We wlill see....

I will be very happy to be wrong!

Daniel36

27 Jun 2017

fotizimo wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Daniel36 wrote:
25 Jun 2017
Which third-party packs are working with Respire? Do they come as refills, or does Spire use a different file structure?
Just this one, as far as I am aware.
http://www.reveal-sound.com/store/produ ... re_Presets

They advertized it in one of their emails, to which I subscribed. It's just a folder of Respire presets and a folder for Spire presets, so you get both. No Refill format, just a folder.

I can't comment on whether or not the ReSpire presets are equally as good as the Spire ones, but I am guessing they are. I didn't have time yet to thoroughly test them out, but 70 presets for 6 Euro, I figured would save me at least one headache when I am looking for a sound and didn't find it yet in the Factory or Into the Deep 2 packs.

Plus, they promised a converter, so soon you will have AAAAALL of them. Which is plenty for me.

EnochLight

27 Jun 2017

Daniel36 wrote:
27 Jun 2017
I can't comment on whether or not the ReSpire presets are equally as good as the Spire ones, but I am guessing they are.
They sound identical. Spire RE and Spire VST are functionally the exact same instrument/DSP (GUI/UX differences aside). That said, the RE can be a few decibels lower in volume depending on the DAW you're comparing to, but don't let that fool you.

FLVZ

28 Jun 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Jun 2017
madmacman wrote:
25 Jun 2017

I had concerns when it was $59 with all the issues people were reporting. I tested it & liked it a lot. But it felt a bit half baked to me so I didn't buy at $59. I think there's more chance of the Pope buying it than me now that it's a whopping $189 US!! Maybe once it's finished & it goes on sale. But seriously, who's going to buy the RE for $189 (the same price as the VST!!) after it has been $59?! I think they should have brought this one in much lower, say $129 full price tops, with maybe a 30% discount intro price. I think the intro price was too low to make it seem a likely prospect once it had gone up to full price. That's just my view on it anyway.
You're complaining about a monumental discount ? You tried it and liked it but still that wasn't good enough ? I don't fully get your logic dude, each to their own I guess!

Anyway I emailed Reveal Sound and this is what they responded with.
Untitled.png
RsSpire email
Untitled.png (63.38 KiB) Viewed 8040 times

madmacman

28 Jun 2017

Just for the record (since I'm part of the quotation): I don't agree with Faastwalker. My concerns were never related to the big discount at release. In fact, the correspondence provided by Flavolous announcing a 1.0.4 update is very promising. :)

strangers
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2017

Flavolous wrote:
28 Jun 2017

Anyway I emailed Reveal Sound and this is what they responded with.
Untitled.png
Thanks for sharing! You are a saint for looking out for the participants. As one of the participants, I fully appreciate your efforts.

miscend

28 Jun 2017

800 patch sound library is overkill. I can't foresee myself ever using them all and growing tired of them :mrgreen: . I would have been happy with just 190 presets.

Remember when conventional wisdom was never to use the default patches on any synth?

Faastwalker

28 Jun 2017

Flavolous wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Faastwalker wrote:
26 Jun 2017

You're complaining about a monumental discount ? You tried it and liked it but still that wasn't good enough ? I don't fully get your logic dude, each to their own I guess!
I'm complaining about a monumental increase (from $59 to $189). Well, not complaining. I'm just saying I'm unlikely to buy at $189 when I've watched it go by at $59, albeit with bugs & performance issues galore. The consensus seems to be that it was worth $59 even with all the problems. I just didn't happen to share this view, although I did think it was a very nice sounding device for sure ;)

fotizimo

28 Jun 2017

miscend wrote:
28 Jun 2017
Remember when conventional wisdom was never to use the default patches on any synth?
Honestly, I find a lot of the default patches are so good these days. Usually refills tend to be better, but for synths like ReSpire and Expanse, i call really see so much effort has gone into the default patches. I tend to start off with a default patch and work from there.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

• Information