It's here the new RPEQ Effect by Rob Papen

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

17 May 2017

This is easily my favorite EQ in Reason right now. Well done, Rob Papen/Jon Ayres/and co!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marc64

17 May 2017

Awesome Rob Papen and thanks for the discount code, love your stuff :)

Redster

17 May 2017

I'm fully intending to snap this up the moment i have 2 coins to rub together.

centomila

17 May 2017

I love when developers puts jokes behind the rack :D

Kalm

17 May 2017

Will be retrieving this after my bank account gets setup properly
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

aeox
Competition Winner

17 May 2017

appearance has a real way of charming a consumer. i'm sure it's a great RE, but i never actually realized how much people care about how pretty a RE is :P make it ugly and people would lose their minds and think it "sounds bad" or something, just human nature i suppose!

do we get a discount if we own your RE's from a PH bundle?

aeox
Competition Winner

17 May 2017

and i am back to confirm that RPEQ is in a category of it's own. quite good!

now, i can't say i'd say the same if it was ugly... no, i kid :)

sonicbyte

17 May 2017

At a glance, any obvious advantages / disadvantages between this EQ vs Synapse's EQ ?

dvdrtldg

17 May 2017

sonicbyte wrote:At a glance, any obvious advantages / disadvantages between this EQ vs Synapse's EQ ?
My question too. I have a shit ton of EQs (including GQ7) and wonder if this is a must-have or a luxury. My stuff is pretty effect heavy with lots of shifting ambient textures, so there's always room for something that will broaden the sound palette. Can't trial it until next week though

MDTerps2015

17 May 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
sonicbyte wrote:At a glance, any obvious advantages / disadvantages between this EQ vs Synapse's EQ ?
My question too. I have a shit ton of EQs (including GQ7) and wonder if this is a must-have or a luxury. My stuff is pretty effect heavy with lots of shifting ambient textures, so there's always room for something that will broaden the sound palette. Can't trial it until next week though
I can tell you that AIR button makes this worth every penny. I have been searching around and I looked at waves for that air and found it Vitamin or MS dynamic compressor. Never mind I found it. Got my coupon and its mines.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

dvdrtldg

17 May 2017

Yeah but the "air" thing is just a 30-40K boost isn't it?

I'm interested in the mono/stereo filtering - to see whether it's a unique function in Reason, or if I can dummy it up easily enough in a combinator with one of the EQs I already have

Shokstar

18 May 2017

At the moment is it the best eq for me. This RE shows me that pH is on the right way and the n possibilities for RE devs is growing.

The most interesting features are the mono/stereo. Easy to use and a time saver. I don't need to do it with the mclass stereo imager or other splitter tools. Just pressing the button and the job is done.

Good job :)

Loque

18 May 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:Yeah but the "air" thing is just a 30-40K boost isn't it?

I'm interested in the mono/stereo filtering - to see whether it's a unique function in Reason, or if I can dummy it up easily enough in a combinator with one of the EQs I already have
GQ-7 and Red Queen does this and you can use a mid/side splitter+EQ for it.
Reason12, Win10

challism

18 May 2017

centomila wrote:I love when developers puts jokes behind the rack :D
I had missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

From the back: "RP EQ is not suitable for filtering your coffee on the mixing desk."

Thanks to Rob/Jon and Co for the FREE RE and congratulations on this release. I absolutely love them both! <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MDTerps2015

18 May 2017

Loque wrote:

I love red queen but the dsp it uses makes it just a trophy. GQ 7 is good too but I love the dedicated knobs for air plus rpeq seems to use less dsp than both. I worked with it for two hours yesterday replacing the GQ 7 in every instance.

riemac

18 May 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
Loque wrote:

I love red queen but the dsp it uses makes it just a trophy. GQ 7 is good too but I love the dedicated knobs for air plus rpeq seems to use less dsp than both. I worked with it for two hours yesterday replacing the GQ 7 in every instance.
I have other experienses concerning the CPU usage. I tested 30 instances of RP-EQ vs. GQ-7.
Both with lowpass- and highpass filter and two bell EQ's:

30 x RP-EQ display off: 20% cpu / 3 bars
30 x RP-EQ display on: 46% cpu / all bars

30 x GQ-7 display off: 17,5% cpu / 2 bars
30 x GQ-7 display on: 25% cpu / 3 bars

And another thing is interesting, when the Display on GQ-7 is on and you close the combinator the cpu usage is much lower.
With RP-EQ closing of the combinator doesn't help to lower the cpu. Would be nice if RP could fix this.
Last edited by riemac on 21 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Shokstar

20 May 2017

The workflow is what I like.

gullum

20 May 2017

Ok not used to this mid/side eqing but already after a few minutes sound got clearer and wider I love it and thats just 1 part of this eq dam I guess Q7 will get less used now

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 May 2017

I must say this is a fantastic and sexy-looking tool, well done RP team

decibel

20 May 2017

its hard not to remain a loyal RP customer, his commitment to reason over the years alone deserves patronage imo, plus the repeat customer discount makes this hard to ignore even for somebody who owns a lot of good EQ's already, i think i will most likely get on board, specially as i have been eyeing this off in the vst version long before the RE was announced ;)

decibel

20 May 2017

no filter modes for 48 and 96 Hz :(

MDTerps2015

21 May 2017

aeox wrote:appearance has a real way of charming a consumer. i'm sure it's a great RE, but i never actually realized how much people care about how pretty a RE is :P make it ugly and people would lose their minds and think it "sounds bad" or something, just human nature i suppose!

do we get a discount if we own your RE's from a PH bundle?
Aint that the truth about the look of a RE. I guess I can say I have talked to myself about the look of some RE's but I have never publicly trashed one over the looks. LMAO I totally agree with you though and I bought this because it is pretty and sounds amazing. Love the AIR.

Arrant
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

decibel wrote:no filter modes for 48 and 96 Hz :(
Yeah that's the only thing missing really, steeper filters for HPF especially. Would love to see a 48, 96 or even 192 dB filter there so I can do away with a separate D-filter just for that and have everything in one device.

Le Boeuf

21 May 2017

Does anybody now how the CPU usage on this is compared to the synapse GQ 7?

For me the GQ-7 is a massive cpu killer but at the same time my only goto eq, but i could see the RP-EQ replace it if its cpu efficient.

O1B

26 May 2017

Really, Really NICE Work, Mr. Papen.

Wow.
Last edited by O1B on 26 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

• Information