It's here the new RPEQ Effect by Rob Papen

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sdst
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2017

interesting, hope to see this in the May Madness :)

scratchnsnifff

27 Apr 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:I'll check it out when it comes out. But unless its sound is superior to GQ-7 I don't see it becoming a go-to EQ. Most of the time all I want is to make some quick EQ adjustments and move on to making music. My problem with Rob Papens products has always been that there's too much stuff included, too many unecessary options and the devices look cluttered because of it.

This is why I hardly ever reach for RPDistort. It sounds good but there's just too many options. EQ, Gate, Filter, Compressor, Widener, LFOs. It just feels unfocused and takes up screen space. It's like if a developer would add a reverb section in a compressor plugin, just in case you wanted some reverb after your compression. I'd rather just have the distortion section.
But I guess this is what Rob Papens products is all about, they include a lot of options. That's what the people want I suppose.

I'll hold my judgement for the RP-EQ though. Maybe it will be awesome and add some new really useful stuff that I can't live without. Who knows?

Well that's enough ranting for today. I'll go back to making some music now instead :)

I totally felt that way at first about his products it took me the longest time to buy predator, at first I thought it seemed like way too much for no reason, but then once I bought it, it became a playground of sound and I was instantly hooked on his products haha now I have all of his instruments except punch and subboom but it's definitely different for everyone :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

O1B

27 Apr 2017

If you have good playable midi drums (maschine/octapad), then SBBass is the joint. And, the "Drop" on Punch is a might Powerful.

[quote="scratchnsnifff"]
I totally felt that way at first about his products it took me the longest time to buy predator, at first I thought it seemed like way too much for no reason, but then once I bought it, it became a playground of sound and I was instantly hooked on his products haha now I have all of his instruments except punch and subboom but it's definitely different for everyone :)[/quote]

FLVZ

10 May 2017

Look at that beauty!
All those bands, all those CV connections!

EnochLight

10 May 2017

Don't forget the latest money shot! ;)

RP_verb_RE.jpg
RP_verb_RE.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

bunja

10 May 2017

http://photosounder.com/splineeq/ theres a free version to try out im gonna try inna bit(vst powerrrr!)lol

RequiemMachine

10 May 2017

That's one sexy looking EQ RE. Another RE to add to my "To Buy" list.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

bunja

10 May 2017

does look good but probably gonna be 60 quid or over

Gosh

10 May 2017

bunja wrote:does look good but probably gonna be 60 quid or over
69 euro according to rob's homepage, hopefully there is an introductory price and a crossgrade offer for owners of the vst version.

bunja

10 May 2017

Gosh wrote:
bunja wrote:does look good but probably gonna be 60 quid or over
69 euro according to rob's homepage, hopefully there is an introductory price and a crossgrade offer for owners of the vst version.

hopefully man

lowpryo

10 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:Don't forget the latest money shot! ;)

RP_verb_RE.jpg
soo they changed their mind about separating the spectrum analyzer? that's great

EnochLight

10 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:soo they changed their mind about separating the spectrum analyzer? that's great
Not exactly. There's the analyzer on the actual EQ that you see in the background of the screen grab, but the more fully featured spectral analysis display that is found on the VST is on a separate device.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Redster

10 May 2017

I'm buying this for sure.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 May 2017

Today there are a number of different EQ’s available...so why another one? Well, Rob Papen is all about sound and he was convinced he could add something great to the Reason Rack Extension EQ world!

When you open RP-EQ in your Reason Rack you will see that it is far from a bread-and-butter equalizer and several unique elements were added to the core equalizer unit. The toolbox now includes a MONO/STEREO Split filter, which is used a lot in modern EDM/Dance music to get a very tight low end. The Air section is also fantastic on your master channel to open your mix in a stunning way.

And in true Rob Papen style, RP–EQ comes with many great Presets including contributions from several well-known DJs and Producers for instant user inspiration.

Product details
Mastering and channel EQ with built in Spectrogram for Propellerhead Reason 9.2 or higher

EQ - 8 Band EQ with Frequency, Gain and Bandwidth. - EQ dials and function controls. - EQ graphic screen. - Mid/Side mode with 4 Mid bands and 4 Side bands. - Lock mode for Frequency and Gain. - MIDI Note selecting for each band instead of using Frequency. - Each band can be made visual or hidden in the graphic field. - Each band can be played solo.

Saturation - Mild tube saturation with a selector for pre-eq.

Air - Open your mix or track by using the Air feature. - Frequency range between 30kHz to 40kHz. - Gain of 6db max.

Filter - HiPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - LowPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - Two Filter colour/sound types - Resonance (Q) control.

Mono / Stereo Filter
- Great tool for inside the mix bus or while mastering. - Instead of frequency you also can select a MIDI note as the split point for the filter. - Clicking on the Mono / Stereo button will turn On / Off the Mono / Stereo effect. - Controls are: Frequency. - Solo on/off. - Visual inside the graphic display On/off. - Several Modes. These determine how the sound is ‘mono-fied’, either using the left or right channels, the average of the left & right channels (L+R) or the difference between the left & right channels (L – R).

Back Panel Screen -The back screen of RP-EQ shows the Input / Output audio connections and also CV input to each band's frequency, bandwidth & gain, also the Low-pass / High-pass filter frequency and Q(resonance).

List price, 69 Euros..

mfavila

17 May 2017

Looks great

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RPSupport

17 May 2017

Hi there, beat me to it!! :)

For all owners of other Rob Papen Rack Extensions please wait for an email for a discount code. ;)

Until then you could download the 30 day free trial.

RP-Spec is also available and FREE to all.

Cheers

Richard

Djstarski

17 May 2017

Thank you for the Free RP-Spec device . Your EQ looks great .

RPSupport

17 May 2017

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that our RP-EQ and RP-Spec Rack Extensions are now available!!

Today there are a number of different EQ’s available...so why another one? Well, Rob Papen is all about sound and he was convinced he could add something great to the Reason Rack Extension EQ world!

When you open RP-EQ in your Reason Rack you will see that it is far from a bread-and-butter equalizer and several unique elements were added to the core equalizer unit. The toolbox now includes a MONO/STEREO Split filter, which is used a lot in modern EDM/Dance music to get a very tight low end. The Air section is also fantastic on your master channel to open your mix in a stunning way.

And in true Rob Papen style, RP–EQ comes with many great Presets including contributions from several well-known DJs and Producers for instant user inspiration.

Product details
Mastering and channel EQ with built in Spectrogram for Propellerhead Reason 9.2 or higher

EQ - 8 Band EQ with Frequency, Gain and Bandwidth. - EQ dials and function controls. - EQ graphic screen. - Mid/Side mode with 4 Mid bands and 4 Side bands. - Lock mode for Frequency and Gain. - MIDI Note selecting for each band instead of using Frequency. - Each band can be made visual or hidden in the graphic field. - Each band can be played solo.

Saturation - Mild tube saturation with a selector for pre-eq.

Air - Open your mix or track by using the Air feature. - Frequency range between 30kHz to 40kHz. - Gain of 6db max.

Filter - HiPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - LowPass Filter in 12dB or 24dB mode. - Two Filter colour/sound types - Resonance (Q) control.

Mono / Stereo Filter
- Great tool for inside the mix bus or while mastering. - Instead of frequency you also can select a MIDI note as the split point for the filter. - Clicking on the Mono / Stereo button will turn On / Off the Mono / Stereo effect. - Controls are: Frequency. - Solo on/off. - Visual inside the graphic display On/off. - Several Modes. These determine how the sound is ‘mono-fied’, either using the left or right channels, the average of the left & right channels (L+R) or the difference between the left & right channels (L – R).

Back Panel Screen -The back screen of RP-EQ shows the Input / Output audio connections and also CV input to each band's frequency, bandwidth & gain, also the Low-pass / High-pass filter frequency and Q(resonance).

List price, 69 Euros..

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rpeq-effect/

Note: Owners of other Rob Papen Rack Extensions should wait for a special discount code to be emailed to them. Until then they can of course download the 30 Day free trial.

RP-Spec is also available and totally FREE!!

Product details
The RP-Spec spectrogram displays the input and output signal as an FFT Spectrogram, a 30 band (1/3 octave) Bar Spectrogram or a 30 band (1/3 octave) Single line Spectrogram.
Modes - The Mode setting switches the display to visualise the left channel, the right channel, or both simultaneously.
Spectrogram functions - The icons on the left-hand side of the Spectrogram display switch the display mode between FFT Spectrogram, Bar Spectrogram, and the Single Line Spectrogram. - Selecting the Line on right draws a line on the display to ‘mark’ the frequency as a visual aid.
Freeze function -The Freeze function holds the current output of the Spectrogram until it is released again. Use the Freeze function to study the frequency spectrum of your work at a specific point in time.
Boost - The Boost function amplifies the sound fed into the Spectrogram. Please note that this does not make the audio output louder – it only applies to the visualisation engine. Use this function to get a more detailed spectral view of soft passages in your music.
Release / Hold - In Bar / Line mode the maximum values (peak levels) across the spectrum form a continuous line. The Hold function sets the time interval for the display time before it gets refreshed. The Release control determines how long it takes for the spectrum to fall back to a flat line after a reduction in signal levels. In FFT Spectrogram mode, the release value reduces the refresh rate and manifests itself as a slowing down of the Spectrogram. If you experience the Spectrogram as being sluggish, turn down the Release setting.
Back Panel -Here you can find the audio inputs and audio outputs.

You can find it here:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/rpspec-effect/

For users that haven't received an email, firstly check your spam folders and if you haven't got one please send an email to: info AT robpapen.com (replace the AT with @) with proof of purchase (screen shot of your receipt from propellerhead which you should be able to find on your Props account).

Thank you
Last edited by RPSupport on 17 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

sonicbyte

17 May 2017

Looks cool

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 May 2017

RPSupport wrote:Hi there, beat me to it!! :)

For all owners of other Rob Papen Rack Extensions please wait for an email for a discount code. ;)

Cheers

Richard
Nice one and thanks for the RP-Spec, Ooo like the Stereo mode, sweet... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DinoJ

17 May 2017

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard,

That is great news about the discount codes. I remember you did this before and this is one of the extra reasons, I usually love to buy your products, well aside from the fact Rob Papen products are generally awesome at what they do!

I did not sign up for emails to be sent from yourselves, so I assume I will not get one of these emails? If this is the case how do I go about getting one?

Cheers,

DinoJ

RPSupport

17 May 2017

DinoJ wrote:

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard,

That is great news about the discount codes. I remember you did this before and this is one of the extra reasons, I usually love to buy your products, well aside from the fact Rob Papen products are generally awesome at what they do!

I did not sign up for emails to be sent from yourselves, so I assume I will not get one of these emails? If this is the case how do I go about getting one?

Cheers,

DinoJ
For users that haven't received an email, firstly check your spam folders and if you haven't got one please send an email to: info AT robpapen.com (replace the AT with @) with proof of purchase (screen shot of your receipt from propellerhead which you should be able to find on your Props account).

RobDuarte

17 May 2017

This sounds awesome! If I own REs from the synthetic rig, but have never bought one separately, will I still get the discount code? Thanks ahead of time.

• Information