It's here the new RPEQ Effect by Rob Papen

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sonicbyte

21 Apr 2017

A news posted by @reasonistas on Facebook today:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... 992526%3A0

:D

ltbrunt00

21 Apr 2017

Nice, was going to buy Synapse Audio's GQ-7 within the next month. I may wait for this to come out. The Gui does very intriguing, different from the standard RE EQ.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

21 Apr 2017

That is, if GQ-7 goes on sale, and RP-EQ is not coming out for a few months + Impulse buy/Reason addiction, I will probably end up owning both at some point.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

take my money!

sonicbyte

21 Apr 2017

It looks a bit like FabFilter Pro Eq

Kalm

21 Apr 2017

Piqued my interestings
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

EnochLight

21 Apr 2017

RP_EQ_RE.jpg
RP_EQ_RE.jpg (105.23 KiB) Viewed 6682 times
Now *THAT* is how you design an RE EQ GUI/UX! It's cool he resumed developing this. I was beta testing an early version of this last summer, and then development just stopped (likely to focus on Predator 2 and other important stuff). Glad to see it was resumed - it's changed quite a bit from the alpha I had.

it's based on the VST, pictured here:
RP_EQ.jpg
RP_EQ.jpg (121.46 KiB) Viewed 6682 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kategra

21 Apr 2017

Match EQ and LinearPhase Mode would be great features!

EnochLight

21 Apr 2017

Kategra wrote:Match EQ and LinearPhase Mode would be great features!
They would be, but these are not features of the RP-EQ the Rack Extension is based on. RP-EQ also comes with an XY pad to do filter effects, and I'm guessing this may not be on the RE either. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kalm

21 Apr 2017

That Air control. . . now that is something I want to test out
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

ltbrunt00

21 Apr 2017

Yeah....Thanks for the Oversized screen shots. Making me want this more and more. I can't stop looking at it.

scratchnsnifff

21 Apr 2017

Looks interesting:D can't wait to add this to my rob papen collection
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Apr 2017

EnochLight wrote: RP-EQ also comes with an XY pad to do filter effects, and I'm guessing this may not be on the RE either. :(
Why not? It easily could be provided as a switchable panel. The only reason not do to so would be to allow it to be available to R7/8 users, who can't use switchable panel RE's. It's one of those highly contentious and difficult decisions. In this instance, if it's a major and, crucially, useful feature of the VST, I'd argue they should include it. But it's a big call either way.

And yes, it looks really good on that screenshot.

scratchnsnifff

21 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
EnochLight wrote: RP-EQ also comes with an XY pad to do filter effects, and I'm guessing this may not be on the RE either. :(
Why not? It easily could be provided as a switchable panel. The only reason not do to so would be to allow it to be available to R7/8 users, who can't use switchable panel RE's. It's one of those highly contentious and difficult decisions. In this instance, if it's a major and, crucially, useful feature of the VST, I'd argue they should include it. But it's a big call either way.

Interesting point, I think it's worth implementing it would stand out from other eq units, obviously it's not my call and il support RP either way. His team always makes it happen
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

EnochLight

21 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:

:(

I'm wondering if he's even using SDK 2.5 for this one:
RP_EQ_RE.jpg
RP_EQ_RE.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 6478 times

Loque

21 Apr 2017

The spectrum will not be integrated into the EQ? Wow... What a bad decision...
Reason12, Win10

lowpryo

21 Apr 2017

yeah that's an immediate turn-off. gonna stick with my GQ-7 and channel strip EQ if that's the case.

EnochLight

21 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:The spectrum will not be integrated into the EQ? Wow... What a bad decision...
lowpryo wrote:yeah that's an immediate turn-off. gonna stick with my GQ-7 and channel strip EQ if that's the case.
Try not to make a decision based on just this. Actually having it has two separate modules will allow you to have larger displays on both the EQ as well as the spectral display, overcoming the limited rack dimension constraints. Once you see it in action together, you might change your mind. ;)

Mmj85

21 Apr 2017

Kategra wrote:Match EQ and LinearPhase Mode would be great features!
A linearPhase EQ would be an Unstabuy for me!
This is crucially needed in Reason for mixing and mastering ASAP IMHO.
Nonetheless, i am curious on how that saturation section sounds ;)

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

yea.. just going to stick with what i have..(after learning of some features that won't be included)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2017

I'll check it out when it comes out. But unless its sound is superior to GQ-7 I don't see it becoming a go-to EQ. Most of the time all I want is to make some quick EQ adjustments and move on to making music. My problem with Rob Papens products has always been that there's too much stuff included, too many unecessary options and the devices look cluttered because of it.

This is why I hardly ever reach for RPDistort. It sounds good but there's just too many options. EQ, Gate, Filter, Compressor, Widener, LFOs. It just feels unfocused and takes up screen space. It's like if a developer would add a reverb section in a compressor plugin, just in case you wanted some reverb after your compression. I'd rather just have the distortion section.
But I guess this is what Rob Papens products is all about, they include a lot of options. That's what the people want I suppose.

I'll hold my judgement for the RP-EQ though. Maybe it will be awesome and add some new really useful stuff that I can't live without. Who knows?

Well that's enough ranting for today. I'll go back to making some music now instead :)

tanni

22 Apr 2017

What I missed at the Lowcut and Highcut Filtermodes is to choose a shelving Filter mode.

miscend

22 Apr 2017

Looks super sexy.

Miguel da Wu

22 Apr 2017

Doesn't look bad, but i do not need it. for me, the GQ-7 has all i need.

riemac

22 Apr 2017

Miguel da Wu wrote:Doesn't look bad, but i do not need it. for me, the GQ-7 has all i need.
What GQ-7 is missing, is that you can use mid and side in parallel in one instance.

• Information