May Madness is upon us

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bumbum

11 May 2017

hard to decide, expanse,vk2 or nostromo.
i would probably use it for ambient textures / drone soundscapes..
difficult one.

tiker01

11 May 2017

Bumbum wrote:hard to decide, expanse,vk2 or nostromo.
difficult one.
I would say VK2 is not for that.

I have expanse and it is good for evolving sounds. Also you can import audio in to it.

Nostromo is something I always wanted to try but now I think I will wait til 20. is out. So I have no experience with it. Based on its features it should be good for soundscapes.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Exowildebeest

11 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:
difficult one.

I have expanse and it is good for evolving sounds. Also you can import audio in to it.

Nostromo is something I always wanted to try but now I think I will wait til 20. is out. So I have no experience with it. Based on its features it should be good for soundscapes.
I'd definitely choose Nostromo for that purpose.

Especially since it comes with a Panda Generates refill :)

Redster

11 May 2017

Bugger I have no money! :(

Expanse would have been nice. Oh well.

EdGrip

11 May 2017

Pump's 9 of your coins. Might get that.

Loque

11 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:
difficult one.

You may safe money if it is a paid update...
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

11 May 2017

Skybot wrote:Too bad that the Parsec 2 upgrade is again not part of the sale. :thumbs_down:
Yeah. While perhaps it's not built into the system, they could just manually change the upgrade price for a period of time...

sdst
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

May Madness but not too Madness

In a real May Madness Titus BBD Delay would be free. lol

Bumbum

11 May 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
I'd definitely choose Nostromo for that purpose.

Especially since it comes with a Panda Generates refill :)
tiker01 wrote: I would say VK2 is not for that.

thanks for the help :) yep,maybe i take the nostromo, i already have almost all from panda(korde,propulsion,fritz,psq) so there should not be any negative surprises

Bumbum

11 May 2017

ach, just noticed that sunder is not in sale :( it was something that i was waiting for...
lets hope this will change..

scratchnsnifff

11 May 2017

The synapse effect bundle is 80$ but it's not marked in red? Is it usually more expensive? I already have the khs toolbox and two uHE bundles, but iv heard great things about synapses effects? Should I pull the trigger? Or I'm thinking of FRitz, I wish may madness would be for two whole weeks then I'd be able to complete all the items that I want

Also I'm surprised blamsoft didn't do what they did last time and discount their bundles, like last year I got the poly modular setup for 30 and each unit was discounted as well lol was hoping for that concept with the distortion units, I guess saving 5$ is better than spending 5$
Last edited by scratchnsnifff on 11 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

11 May 2017

difficult one.
I would say expanse, but that's because I love derpsterp and bass, expanse is great for easy growl timbre's as well as morphing textures, nostromo should fit the bill as well in the pad territory. I use vecto for my soundscapes, but on the choices you listed expanse is my vote, lots of hidden treasures with the modifiers
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Zac

11 May 2017

itsone3d wrote:I'm hopping on Parsec 2, but it's incredibly tempting to add the Studio Drummer bundle at $79.

Decisions, decisions....
This price was obviously an oversight as the bundle now appears in the hot deals list but is now at 149.

eusti

11 May 2017

Zac wrote:
itsone3d wrote:I'm hopping on Parsec 2, but it's incredibly tempting to add the Studio Drummer bundle at $79.

Decisions, decisions....
This price was obviously an oversight as the bundle now appears in the hot deals list but is now at 149.
Yup. It's a thing I've experienced in the past... In the beginning of the sales it's good to be quick... I managed to secure a few "too good to be true" deals that way... :)

D.

Loque

11 May 2017

eusti wrote:
Zac wrote:

Decisions, decisions....
Yup. It's a thing I've experienced in the past... In the beginning of the sales it's good to be quick... I managed to secure a few "too good to be true" deals that way... :)

D.
Yep, be quick or pay... I had some nice buying with this bug...
BTW: Actually Synapse Bundle for 79 or MCSP for 49...
Last edited by Loque on 11 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.
Reason12, Win10

strangers
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

What's the consensus on khs One? I originally intended to buy Antidote and Parsec until I couldn't find much talk about Parsec other than pads and mallets. I like that it has a brighter sound, but I'm already covered pretty well for pads.

Mainly looking to strengthen my arsenal for bass and lead sounds to cover anything from chill, retro, dnb, edm, house, dubstep, etc. The demos for One sound promising. I'd love to trial one and Parsec but don't have the time since May Madness happens to be right when I'm on vacation. I've trialed Antidote and already grabbing that, so any other recommendations would be awesome. I'm running 8.3 and unsure when I'll upgrade to 9+, so Expanse is unfortunately off the radar for now.

Loque

11 May 2017

strangers wrote:What's the consensus on khs One? I originally intended to buy Antidote and Parsec until I couldn't find much talk about Parsec other than pads and mallets. I like that it has a brighter sound, but I'm already covered pretty well for pads.

Mainly looking to strengthen my arsenal for bass and lead sounds to cover anything from chill, retro, dnb, edm, house, dubstep, etc. The demos for One sound promising. I'd love to trial one and Parsec but don't have the time since May Madness happens to be right when I'm on vacation. I've trialed Antidote and already grabbing that, so any other recommendations would be awesome. I'm running 8.3 and unsure when I'll upgrade to 9+, so Expanse is unfortunately off the radar for now.
eXpanse or VK-2. If you are looking for more evolving pads and stuff check Nostromo
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

11 May 2017

:shock: Awe shucks A-List Finger picking Nylon is not on sale....YET.... :shock:
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

clone

11 May 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:Haha is this an error? The Titus delay costs 9$ and it's on sale for 9$!!!! What a bargain xD
Yea I saw that and chuckled. Thought to my self, they have a great sense of humor.

chimp_spanner

11 May 2017

I think it's gotta be Resonans and Arkana for me. I really want Nostromo as well but I just can't stretch this month.

chimp_spanner

11 May 2017

Oh and if anyone hasn't pulled the trigger on VK2 yet, do it! Picked that up a while ago and I'm super happy with it!

ltbrunt00

11 May 2017

So....Looking at the Mastering Rig 2 even though I have some of these devices or KiloHearts Toolbox.

I want both but can only get 1....

Already picked up
Synapse GQ-7 Graphic Equalizer (didn't realize this was in the rig already)
Korg MonoPoly
JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
Radical Keys

Will buy if it goes on sale
Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist

WongoTheSane

11 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote::shock: Awe shucks A-List Finger picking Nylon is not on sale....YET.... :shock:
I was waiting for this one as well but unfortunately it's probably too recent to put on sale yet :(

ltbrunt00

11 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
ltbrunt00 wrote::shock: Awe shucks A-List Finger picking Nylon is not on sale....YET.... :shock:
I was waiting for this one as well but unfortunately it's probably too recent to put on sale yet :(

Heck I we should get discounts for buying the other A-list guitar stuff.....But if it doesn't go on sale I will have to bite the bullet (yes I eat bullets for Breakfest) and buy it. I started using it way to much to turn back now. Trial period ends next week I think. Or is it this week...

theshoemaker

11 May 2017

No Pol Modular System :(
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

• Information