ThatMusicCompany RE's are now FREE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ffmusicdj

08 May 2017

Hey guys. I'm the creator of these plugins. I was in the process of hammering out a new update for the MrOverdrive RE when I was e-mailed about the VST update. Image

Honestly, a part of me is very excited. But another part of me is disappointed in Propellerheads. I believed in their philosophy for the longest time and supported their ideals. But in the end they couldn't solve a lot of technical issues that VST's have had no issues with for ages. EDIT: Not enough man power maybe, IDK the in-depth details, just that it's about time Reason had VST support.

This kind of puts me out of business though. Currently I work as a sound designer for a video game company, and our deadlines are hitting soon. I'm only one guy, and I need my off times to recoup my sanity. Right now I don't have the time to work on these products. Maybe in November, I may pick up production on Mr OD again. I have a lot of products lined up.

For now, as a gift to the Reason Propellerhead community, all of ThatMusicCompany's Rack Extentions are now free to download with a copy of Reason.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... %20Company
Last edited by ffmusicdj on 08 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

gullum

08 May 2017

thanks for the time you put into your RE's I already have all 3 of your devices, but hope other users can get good use of them now they are free

SoulState

08 May 2017

ffmusicdj wrote:Hey guys. I'm the creator of these plugins. I was in the process of hammering out a new update for the MrOverdrive RE when I was e-mailed about the VST update. Image

Honestly, a part of me is very excited. But another part of me is disappointed in Propellerheads. I believed in their philosophy for the longest time and supported their ideals. But in the end they couldn't solve a lot of technical issues that VST's have had no issues with for ages. EDIT: Not enough man power maybe, IDK the in-depth details, just that it's about time Reason had VST support.

This kind of puts me out of business though. Currently I work as a sound designer for a video game company, and our deadlines are hitting soon. I'm only one guy, and I need my off times to recoup my sanity. Right now I don't have the time to work on these products. Maybe in November, I may pick up production on Mr OD again. I have a lot of products lined up.

For now, as a gift to the Reason Propellerhead community, all of ThatMusicCompany's Rack Extentions are now free to download with a copy of Reason.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... %20Company
Hi ffmusicdj, Sorry to here you're bowing out...actually made me feel a tad sad hearing a RE developer leaving (all be it for a while) because of the VST announcement.

All the Best...Be good to see you doing REs again soon!
Last edited by SoulState on 08 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Ostermilk

08 May 2017

I already have them, and liked your devices a lot.

Good news for people that don't have them yet but bad news in pretty much every other respect.

Good luck in your future endeavours, and hopefully we'll see you back.
Last edited by Ostermilk on 08 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

friday

08 May 2017

Hi ffmusicdj

thanks for all the effort you have invested in to RE, sad you are out!

I wish you a lot of inspiration for your work.

decibel

08 May 2017

i already own all of your devices but man thats an incredibly generous thing to do, much respect yeah, if you do develop any more devices theres a strong chance i will support you when you do, your products were well priced and pretty decent, its a pleasure to use them when needed ;) anyway wish you all the best with whatever projects you are working on at the moment mate, and take care etc

ffmusicdj

08 May 2017

SoulState wrote:
Hi ffmusicdj, Sorry to here you're bowing out...actually made me feel a tad sad hearing a RE developer leaving (all be it for a while) because of the VST announcement.
Hey don't worry about it. I'll be back.

I'm just so tired of seeing minimal free REs for Reason. A lot of people have become interested in Reason again, so I just think it's time reason had free RE's on their list that actually do a ton of stuff.

Zac

08 May 2017

Ostermilk wrote:I already have them, and liked your devices a lot.

Good news for people that don't have them yet but bad news in pretty much every other respect.

Good luck in your future endeavours.
My thoughts exactly. Good RE guy.

dvdrtldg

08 May 2017

All the best mate

T2 Phaser is a big favourite of mine

SoulState

08 May 2017

ffmusicdj wrote: Hey don't worry about it. I'll be back.
Cool cool ;)

O1B

08 May 2017

.... for all the pricey REs in the shop, sonically, TMCs REs really stood out. I have all three, as well.
Good luck to you. It's Good to have options.
ffmusicdj wrote:
SoulState wrote:...actually made me feel a tad sad hearing a RE developer leaving (all be it for a while) because of the VST announcement.
Hey don't worry about it. I'll be back. ... A lot of people have become interested in Reason again, so I just think it's time reason had free RE's on their list that actually do a ton of stuff.

16BitBear

08 May 2017

Thank you for these, and I do hope you come back. I have had these in my wishlist. What a generous offer. :puf_smile:

Loque

08 May 2017

I think the free VST market will be hard for smaller devs and smaller RE to compete with them to get some money and grow. But it may also be a chance, to expand into the VST market as well. I wish you good luck and hope to see you again.

Thx for the gift, but i already have them. But its nice they are now free, thus i can make and share patches with those FX easily.
Reason12, Win10

alex

08 May 2017

Loque wrote:I think the free VST market will be hard for smaller devs and smaller RE to compete with them to get some money and grow. But it may also be a chance, to expand into the VST market as well. I wish you good luck and hope to see you again.

Thx for the gift, but i already have them. But its nice they are now free, thus i can make and share patches with those FX easily.
Well, said! I quote your entire post, I'm exactly in the same situation as yours, haha. :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Creativemind

08 May 2017

Sorry to hear the news and thanks for these Re's.

Sure they'll come to good use.

Thanks!

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

sonicbyte

08 May 2017

Thanks for all your efforts and for these gifts.
I hope you the best and I will support anything you post in the future for sure.

Blast

08 May 2017

Thanks for your effort. I had already bought Distort Chain and use it all the time, I was gonna get Mr Over Drive too. all the best and good luck in the future.

scratchnsnifff

08 May 2017

Great news!! I like your ide of free REs that are useful! Alex (from these forums) told me this phaser was a very fun plugin, can't wait to get home and try it out! Also I'm always wanting new distortion units, this made my day/week!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Olivier

08 May 2017

What an incredibly cool gesture! :mrgreen: I hope your time off will bring you what you need, and I'm curious what you'll make when you get back :D
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

miscend

08 May 2017

Please don't stop making REs man. Hopefully the VST thing will bring in much more users to the shop.

eusti

08 May 2017

Thank you for all your hard work. I own these already, but am touched by your generous gesture! Hope to see you back at some point!

D.

slightlyprog

08 May 2017

Wow, thanks so very much! I already have the phaser and will be keen to check out the distort chain and Mr Overdrive. Your contributions have helped make Reason what it is today and that is much appreciated.

Bumbum

08 May 2017

big thanks for your effort. distortion chain is a beast and i was waiting for the may madness...
I really hope we see TMC REs in future.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

08 May 2017

Thank you. Wishing you good luck in your future endeavors
ImageImageImage

Catblack

08 May 2017

I picked up T2 last time you put it on sale -- I've enjoyed it and the sound it makes. I'm really stoked to try the other two. Thank you!

Good luck with your game launch!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information