Resonans Song Challenge: the winners!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

10 May 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:Well again sorry for my confusion, are you saying you can use any effect that is an RE? Not just Reason brand effects? So for example the Chenille Chorus? I read it as only being able to use only Reason effects? So it is just that you cannot use any other synth (Unless using as an effects processor, Which actually never occurred to me to try in the first place)
All effects are allowed, including REs, so yes, you can use Chenille if you want.

buddard
RE Developer

10 May 2017

Noplan wrote:
buddard wrote:
Manoosh wrote:Resonans crashed by loading a sample... I'll try again...
Hi! I'm aware of this issue, and a fix was submitted to Propellerhead during the weekend! I'm just waiting for them to approve it before it can be released. The bug should only occur when you load a sample while another sample is playing, so a temporary workaround is to avoid that for now. But hopefully the fix should be available any day now.

I have not heard anything about freezing, though. Could you PM me here on the forum, or submit a request via http://roboticbean.com/creative/support?
I have the same issue whenever i change the sample with the down cursor. An error message appears and the whole RE stops working. I have to delete the device and create a new one to make it work again.
Resonans 1.0.2 is out now, and should fix your issues -- If not, let me know! Sorry for the inconvenience.

bepemixer

10 May 2017

Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

Nerveclinic

11 May 2017

buddard wrote: All effects are allowed, including REs, so yes, you can use Chenille if you want.
Wow this whole time, all these contests, I thought you could only use Propellerhead brand effects. I appreciate you clearing that up for me.

Troyvasanth

12 May 2017

Hey Guys!!!
Here is my entry :D
I managed to generate all the sounds from Resonance (No Bounce at all)

Last edited by Troyvasanth on 19 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

PSoames

12 May 2017

Last edited by PSoames on 02 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Arrant
Competition Winner

12 May 2017

PSoames wrote:Ahhh! I've just re-read the rules and may have fallen foul of an ambiguity.

It says song can not be re-submitted after closing date, but also says a bit later on you should not alter your song after being submitted.

I altered mine as I wasn't happy with it; therefore, I'm going to withdraw my entry but leave it up should anyone want to listen. :)

Sorry!
I understand the rules as to mean only resubmits after the deadline result in disqualification. It's perfectly normal in these challenges to resubmit a song before a deadline, hope the same is the case here as I like your track :thumbs_up:

aRiver

13 May 2017

My entry:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

14 May 2017

A little question: for percussions, is it allowed to use Kong's "synths"? Both synthetic and physical modelling?
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

jfrichards

14 May 2017

Another entry. Wow, what a synth. Lots of inspiration buried in this dude.

tiker01

14 May 2017

Arrant wrote:
PSoames wrote:Ahhh! I've just re-read the rules and may have fallen foul of an ambiguity.

It says song can not be re-submitted after closing date, but also says a bit later on you should not alter your song after being submitted.

I altered mine as I wasn't happy with it; therefore, I'm going to withdraw my entry but leave it up should anyone want to listen. :)

Sorry!
I understand the rules as to mean only resubmits after the deadline result in disqualification. It's perfectly normal in these challenges to resubmit a song before a deadline, hope the same is the case here as I like your track :thumbs_up:

Yes, you can resubmit/submit new tracks till the deadline but you are not allowed to modify your entry after the submission deadline.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Olivier

14 May 2017

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:A little question: for percussions, is it allowed to use Kong's "synths"? Both synthetic and physical modelling?
No.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

jfrichards

14 May 2017

Olivier wrote:
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:A little question: for percussions, is it allowed to use Kong's "synths"? Both synthetic and physical modelling?
No.
I would think the large number of Factory Sound Bank percussion samples used in the NN-Nano would be OK in Kong, just like in NNXT. That is all sample-based percussion, right?

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 May 2017

Olivier wrote:
No.
but we are allowed to use the FSB inside NNXT inside kong :?: right..?

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 May 2017

My entry, for drum parts I used a mixture of resonans and fsb samples loaded in kong.

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 May 2017

B Side version of Sambate, with added filters, effects, and a lead synth section.

MoonRockSound

17 May 2017

Are we allowed multiple song submissions? I understand now that the rule was intended to be no "resubmissions after the deadline," but does that mean we can now submit multiple songs for consideration?
http://www.moonrocksound.com
///Mixing///Mastering///Production///

tiker01

17 May 2017

MoonRockSound wrote:Are we allowed multiple song submissions? I understand now that the rule was intended to be no "resubmissions after the deadline," but does that mean we can now submit multiple songs for consideration?
Yes you can. That has been also changed.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

MoonRockSound

17 May 2017

tiker01 wrote:
MoonRockSound wrote:Are we allowed multiple song submissions? I understand now that the rule was intended to be no "resubmissions after the deadline," but does that mean we can now submit multiple songs for consideration?
Yes you can. That has been also changed.
Wonderful! Thanks.

Radian

19 May 2017

PSoames wrote:
This is fantastic. Just registered to say I hope you will release the song file/patches used in this. I just started trying Resonans tonight (along with a bunch of others to see what I should buy during the sale), and your song has definitely inspired me to stick with it. I'm still on the fence about it, as I don't have a lot time to dedicate to music. But the sound is so natural and unique that maybe it's worth it. Either way, thanks for showing what the synth is capable of.

(Other songs in the contest are great too, this one just appeals to my preferred genre/taste)

MoonRockSound

19 May 2017

Here's my submission. Enjoy!

EDIT: Looks like the Allihoopa algorithm sounds much better :D
EDIT 2: And here's a small update to the master

Last edited by MoonRockSound on 21 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

tiker01

20 May 2017

MoonRockSound wrote:Here's my submission. Enjoy!

EDIT: Looks like the Allihoopa algorithm sounds much better :D

https://allihoopa.com/s/J9aG84Bq

(for some reason the embed isn't working for me?)
Fixed for you. You only need the last bit from the Allihoopa URL to make it work! ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

q-logic

20 May 2017

Ok folks. I am game to.

Here is my entry... :)
Hope you like.
Music forever
Q-Logic :reason:

MoonRockSound

20 May 2017

tiker01 wrote: Fixed for you. You only need the last bit from the Allihoopa URL to make it work! ;)

Ah, thanks!
Last edited by MoonRockSound on 21 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

MoonRockSound

20 May 2017

q-logic wrote:Ok folks. I am game to.

Here is my entry... :)
Hope you like.

Yyooo this one is dooopee

• Information