Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
XysteR

06 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
raymondh wrote:That said, this is a really, really nice sounding synth. It sounds really "present", very snappy, forward, big and interesting. It has character. I'm not an EDM guy but I find many of the presets really musical and inspiring.

Looking forward to the re-release...
chk071 wrote:
Exactly. :)
Truth! Spire just has "that" sound, right out of the box. Truly fantastic synth, and no wonder it's ranked in the top 10 VST synths since it was released. I didn't pay $189 for it, though - it goes on sale for at least 30% off about twice a year.
XysteR wrote:Speaking of U-he, Did they ever sort out the bitrate for Uhbik A?
Yep - works fantastic... in the VST. :D ;) Seriously though, U-He has abandoned his RE's. He regrets ever releasing them, as the in-house programmer that did them for him left the company and he hasn't the resources, time, nor interest to invest in having someone else learn the RE SDK just to fix them (he barely made any money on them, apparently).
PSoames knows the score! lol

Well U-he, i'm sat here for years having bought Uhbik-A. I paid for a bugged product years ago and to this day i see.... No fix! I own a business, i could never ever shit on any of my clients, everyone is 100% satisfied or i bend over backwards to make it that way. At least Reveal Sound will actually fix something we paid money for. Unlike U-he. Yes its a reasonably simple work around for Uhbik-A, but the fact is, it's a bug that a lot of people are still miffed about to this day, from YEARS AGO!

chk071

06 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
raymondh wrote:That said, this is a really, really nice sounding synth. It sounds really "present", very snappy, forward, big and interesting. It has character. I'm not an EDM guy but I find many of the presets really musical and inspiring.

chk071 wrote:
Truth! Spire just has "that" sound, right out of the box. Truly fantastic synth, and no wonder it's ranked in the top 10 VST synths since it was released. I didn't pay $189 for it, though - it goes on sale for at least 30% off about twice a year.
I didn't pay the full price either. I got it as a gift when i subscribed to german Beat mag. So, i paid 69 € for a one year subscription of the (cheese) mag, and got Spire on top. Can't complain. :D Even for 139 € (i think that always was the 30% off price), it's well worth it though.
:reason: :rebirth:

Karim
Competition Winner

06 May 2017

Gorgon wrote:
miscend wrote:It looks like the intro price of $59 is for the preview. They said on their FB page that the full price will be $189.
189? For a Rack Extension? LOL! More like 89.
349? For a rack extension?

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

chk071

06 May 2017

Antidote is 139 € (was 169 € before i think?), and IMO can do less than Spire.
:reason: :rebirth:

chimp_spanner

06 May 2017

The worst thing about Tube-Tech is that I demo'd it and really liked it. But that is a very high price for a single device.

Zac

06 May 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:The worst thing about Tube-Tech is that I demo'd it and really liked it. But that is a very high price for a single device.
+1! I really liked it for mastering, can't see me ever getting it though, it'll never drop that much XD

Dante

06 May 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:The worst thing about Tube-Tech is that I demo'd it and really liked it. But that is a very high price for a single device.
Well, really its 3 devices. PE1C, ME1B and CL1B. Maybe if they were available separately in the PH Shop and they allowed upgrade to full version unit that would sell better, so people could buy it incrementally as they can afford.

XysteR

06 May 2017

That Softube tube tech mastering suite is freaking great, and worth the money if you can afford it.

decibel

06 May 2017

it was on sale for %50 off a one point, and about %40 off on one other occasion, its one of those things you need to have a little side savings tucked away for so when it does come on sale at the right price you are prepared to throw a net over it and drag it home ;)

EnochLight

06 May 2017

Softube's Tubetech is f@#king amazing. It's a permanent part of my mastering chain, and I don't regret getting it one bit. That said, it does go on sale for up to 50% each year.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Karim
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

They should have detached them. In the world these modules are sold separately if I do not go wrong.

FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

Karim
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

chk071 wrote:Antidote is 139 € (was 169 € before i think?), and IMO can do less than Spire.
It was the first synth I bought but off course Spire do lot of more (he came later after all )

FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

eXode

07 May 2017

chk071 wrote:Antidote is 139 € (was 169 € before i think?), and IMO can do less than Spire.
I don't remember Antidote ever costing more than €139, but it was $149 before props adjusted the USD/EUR rate. :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

So I'm probably gonna get tons of crap for this and that's ok. This is all highly subjective anyway.

I've tried this synth a couple of times now, playing around with the presets and checking out the filter section, unison stuff and so on.
By the way I've looked passed all the bugs and problems with it this time.

I don't know why but this thing just doesn't do much for me. I mean the presets sound professional and all but I just find most things coming out of it sounding uninspired/mainstream, like it doesn't have any character or personality. Maybe that's why it's so popular, it works great for "normal" music, meaning most people. Sure it's got some nice snappiness to it when the X-comp on the back is activated, but I can get similar results by just adding RA-2A or the FRG compressor (I tried it).

I did a quick scrolling through Parsecs (just because Parsec has a lot of character) presets and I found lots of sounds to be way more inspiring than ReSpires.
Also comparing Respires filter section to say Legend or Red70 it just sounds dull imo. Legend and Red70 has that gritty, squelchy character that I love. Respire has many filter options but most of it just sounds bland in comparison.

Maybe I'm using it all wrong or something, but if it takes this many tries and I still don't get the hype of this synth it's obviously not for me.

But who cares what I think, everyone else loves it and it's extremely popular so there's probably a good reason for that.
Well I hope everyone else enjoys ReSpire and have lots of fun with it, but I'll pass on this one. Not for me.

miscend

07 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:

chk071 wrote:
XysteR wrote:Speaking of U-he, Did they ever sort out the bitrate for Uhbik A?
Yep - works fantastic... in the VST. :D ;) Seriously though, U-He has abandoned his RE's. He regrets ever releasing them, as the in-house programmer that did them for him left the company and he hasn't the resources, time, nor interest to invest in having someone else learn the RE SDK just to fix them (he barely made any money on them, apparently).
I think that's a cop out. The fix for Uhbik A probably only requires less than a day of work and he's had years to look into it. He could probably even do it on his day off in order to maintain a good trusting relationship with his customers.

sdst
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

U-He Has some great vst but their abandoned REs with bugs should be free or removed from the shop

dvdrtldg

07 May 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:So I'm probably gonna get tons of crap for this and that's ok. This is all highly subjective anyway.

I've tried this synth a couple of times now, playing around with the presets and checking out the filter section, unison stuff and so on.

I don't know why but this thing just doesn't do much for me. I mean the presets sound professional and all but I just find most things coming out of it sounding uninspired/mainstream, like it doesn't have any character or personality. Maybe that's why it's so popular, it works great for "normal" music, meaning most people. Sure it's got some nice snappiness to it when the X-comp on the back is activated, but I can get similar results by just adding RA-2A or the FRG compressor (I tried it).

I did a quick scrolling through Parsecs (just because Parsec has a lot of character) presets and I found lots of sounds to be way more inspiring than ReSpires.
Also comparing Respires filter section to say Legend or Red70 it just sounds dull imo. Legend and Red70 has that gritty, squelchy character that I love. Respire has many filter options but most of it just sounds bland in comparison.

Maybe I'm using it all wrong or something, but if it takes this many tries and I still don't get the hype of this synth it's obviously not for me.

But who cares what I think, everyone else loves it and it's extremely popular so there's probably a good reason for that.
Well I hope everyone else enjoys ReSpire and have lots of fun with it, but I'll pass on this one. Not for me.
This is what I thought too. Another great big huge EDM synth. Fine if you want to go down the great big huge EDM road, but not particularly inspiring for experimental or out-of-the-box purposes. Like you, I wonder if I'm not using it right, but then when I trial something like Proton or Resonans I'm inspired after about 30 seconds

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:So I'm probably gonna get tons of crap for this and that's ok. This is all highly subjective anyway.

This is what I thought too. Another great big huge EDM synth. Fine if you want to go down the great big huge EDM road, but not particularly inspiring for experimental or out-of-the-box purposes. Like you, I wonder if I'm not using it right, but then when I trial something like Proton or Resonans I'm inspired after about 30 seconds
Glad I'm not alone. I thought Resonans looked more interesting too just judging from the demos and looking at the video in the shop. I'm gonna have to upgrade first to try it though.

Jonathan10

07 May 2017

What the fuuu##$$#$, the Respire is no longer in the shop. I went to buy it and gone?? Anyone know whats going on here?
:refill:

Loque

07 May 2017

Jonathan10 wrote:What the fuuu##$$#$, the Respire is no longer in the shop. I went to buy it and gone?? Anyone know whats going on here?
Read this thread.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

07 May 2017

Jonathan10 wrote:What the fuuu##$$#$, the Respire is no longer in the shop. I went to buy it and gone?? Anyone know whats going on here?
It's back in beta testing. It was released prematurely with way too many bugs.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Oquasec

07 May 2017

I think plugin betas should be a year before they actually come out.
Propellerhead should introduce a feature called... [ENDLESS BETA] for reason.

A constantly running beta, plus the retail version would be a good idea I think :]
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mind2069

07 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
It's back in beta testing. It was released prematurely with way too many bugs.
XysteR wrote:I think Loque, others and myself who've been noodling with ReSpire for some time now, would all agree: This is NOT a $59 synth! Even in the sales. I genuinely get a feeling it should have been $30 off introductory price, price blunder comes to light then removed..
Well not according to Xyster, hes been playing around with it and found pretty much nothing wrong, very usable, it's got to do more with a price blunder he says, they mistakenly released it at 59$ I think, they have the best techs at PH, working very hard, to restore the correct price in the shop. ;)

EnochLight

07 May 2017

mind2069 wrote:Well not according to Xyster, hes been playing around with it and found pretty much nothing wrong, very usable, it's got to do more with a price blunder he says, they mistakenly released it at 59$ I think, they have the best techs at PH, working very hard, to restore the correct price in the shop. ;)
Yeah, I have no idea what to even say to that. If anyone in this thread was beta testing this for some time before it hit the shop, I have to ask: why weren't these very obvious issues caught? I'm going to err on the side of "it wasn't really tested at all, or at least not thoroughly". And the intro price was very accurate - it wasn't an error. It was not only published on their shop page, but also their Facebook feed - and confirmed in thread discussions with them.

It was just a buggy release, is all. Someone dropped the ball at Reveal Sound. But, we in the VST-world have dealt with their less than stellar updates before (they are somewhat fast to fix them afterwards). Taking into consideration that the RE port has taken this long, I can only imagine that it's just 1 person trying to do this. Maybe too much for 1 person? I dunno. Totally speculating right now.

EdGrip

07 May 2017

Every €59 you give to Reveal Sound will strengthen their mandate to deliver the strong and stable Spire RE needed to Make Reason Great Again.

• Information