Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
stp2015

05 May 2017

mind2069 wrote: Where do you see hate in this, There no hate, I said I suspected they released it early because of 9.5 VST, theres no hate there, I had nothing to do with the bugs, early realese, shop pulloff ect,
My perception was that the undertone in many of the posts here was very negative and mean spirited. But I did not mean to single out any specific person and their posts. Sorry if it sounded like that.
adfielding wrote: As has been said: if they fix it up and get it right, I'll be very tempted. But until then? Not a gamble I'm willing to take, I'm afraid.
I think this is absolutely reasonable. Make the decision that is right for you.

My main point was that after their big oversight, they have reacted appropriately and admitted their mistake. The oversight should not have happened, but the best you can do when you make a mistake is to try and correct it. I feel they should at least receive some credit for that.

stratatonic

05 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:I'm sure the news did cause Reveal Sound to make an informed decision: either continue their work or write everything off as a loss that had been completed to date. And good on Reveal Sound for making it so cheap at launch!
Propellerhead decision wasted a shitload of time for Reveal.
stp2015 wrote: Reveal Sound had previously stated (on Facebook) that they were planning to make ReSpire VERY affordable on release.
VERY affordable will be free RE for a limited time on a 9.x update.

Propellerhead owe Reveal, and they should pay an upfront deal with Reveal. Maybe already happened.

If they can optimize it to make it equal or better than the VST, plus all the CV capabilities, then that could be a great showcase for the RE platform to all.

Mr.Speculation. :puf_bigsmile:

WongoTheSane

05 May 2017

Guys, please behave before this thread gets locked. No personal attacks/bad language will be tolerated. Arguments for/against ReSpire are most welcome though, so keep them coming!

Kalm

05 May 2017

Well after all this discussion, I still want my 60 dollar synth. Let Reveal do what they do and make the synth. They made a mistake. . . who doesn't make a mistake in this field. They pulled it out the second they put it in. Now they're figuring stuff out. Just let them work things out because at the end of the day, I bet I'll be buying Spire @ 60 before I buy another synth in the Shop when it's fixed.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

EnochLight

05 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
EnochLight wrote:I'm sure the news did cause Reveal Sound to make an informed decision: either continue their work or write everything off as a loss that had been completed to date. And good on Reveal Sound for making it so cheap at launch!
Propellerhead decision wasted a shitload of time for Reveal.
stp2015 wrote: Reveal Sound had previously stated (on Facebook) that they were planning to make ReSpire VERY affordable on release.
VERY affordable will be free RE for a limited time on a 9.x update.

Propellerhead owe Reveal, and they should pay an upfront deal with Reveal. Maybe already happened.

If they can optimize it to make it equal or better than the VST, plus all the CV capabilities, then that could be a great showcase for the RE platform to all.

Mr.Speculation. :puf_bigsmile:
Hardly a waste of time IMHO. They gave VST devs "in the know" a heads up that VST support was happening. Reveal Sound chose to continue development of their port. As we see from this thread, there's still a shit ton of interest in the RE. The only people who would have bought it anyway are those who choose to only use Reason and not buy VST. That probably won't change with 9.5... That said, as I already own the VST, even I'm contemplating buying the RE just to have it natively integrated into the rack. I'm betting I'm not alone... again, not a waste of their time IMHO.

I certainly don't think they owe Reveal Sound anything, and certainly not a paid upfront deal. Talk about creating dissent with your partners!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ltbrunt00

05 May 2017

I wonder when were the different developers informed about the 9.5 update. I could be wrong but the Props didn't just come up with the code for VST support two months ago. This could have been years in envelopment. Would they inform the different developers?

Did Reveal find out like the rest of us. Did they freak out like everyone else. Is Reveal checking their email waiting for the beta testing link.

As much as I like rack extensions the Spire VST seems like it has enough fans that the team would have just waited until the VST support was added to Reason.

At $59.00 I want my RE. I was going to buy this the minute I got home from work and use it while they worked out the bugs.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

EnochLight

05 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:I wonder when were the different developers informed about the 9.5 update. I could be wrong but the Props didn't just come up with the code for VST support two months ago. This could have been years in envelopment. Would they inform the different developers?

Did Reveal find out like the rest of us. Did they freak out like everyone else. Is Reveal checking their email waiting for the beta testing link.

As much as I like rack extensions the Spire VST seems like it has enough fans that the team would have just waited until the VST support was added to Reason.

At $59.00 I want my RE. I was going to buy this the minute I got home from work and use it while they worked out the bugs.
The underlying code for VST support was written by Magnus from Sonic Charge over 10 years ago (he used this library and worked with the Props to make 9.5's VST support a reality). That said, Mattias stated over at the KVR thread that VST devs were informed of their plans a long time ago. I doubt it was a decade ago, but probably within the last few months I would imagine. #speculate'n

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kuranes

05 May 2017

Hi there...

I purchased ReSpire today. I noticed some of the already reported bugs too. But much more than that I noticed how much I got inspired by ReSpires presets. Some of them are truly majestic, nothing less! I have no doubt: After the dust has settled and the major bugs are fixed, Reveal Sound will get praised for the shining diamond that ReSpire is.
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

miscend

05 May 2017

What's this I heard about the menus being very bad?

EnochLight

05 May 2017

miscend wrote:What's this I heard about the menus being very bad?
On Spire RE? The Mod Matrix (horrible), and you can't right-click waveforms, etc. Hopefully they'll fix that in the next release...

Loque

05 May 2017

Which menus? I miss them or even drag'n'drop. I hope they get into it. But still worth the trouble...
Reason12, Win10

stp2015

05 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
On Spire RE? The Mod Matrix (horrible), and you can't right-click waveforms, etc. Hopefully they'll fix that in the next release...

The lack of menus is very similar to the filter selection in the first version of Expanse. You have to click on a display field that shows the name of the waveform (filter type in the early version of Expanse) and then you can drag the mouse to "flip trough" the different options. The problem is that you do not see what all the options are, so it can be difficult to find the one you want. I think Expanse also had this kind of behavior for selecting the wavetables, but I am not sure.

Blamsoft fixed this in the first main update of Expanse as far as I recall, hopefully Reveal will do the same with Spire.

dioxide

05 May 2017

Sorry in a hurry so can't read through. Has anyone else noticed the pitch of the synth changes if you change sample rate?

theshoemaker

05 May 2017

rcbuse wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:Submitting it to the shop and publishing it at this stage reeks of panic; by doing such a huge discount and not specifying a deadline, they were intentionally hoping a lot users would rush to buy it immediately without trialling it first and realising how broken it is, and leaving those customers with a promise to finish it later. I'm sure many of us have seen how that sometimes works out on Steam. ;)
Spot on analysis of the situation. I learned a long time ago to never buy a promise.
That's why I love Lectric Panda products. You don't buy promises but always get positiv surprises when they arrive.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

electrofux

05 May 2017

Normally i would really be pissed off if something like that happens. But i have some understanding for rushing this out. It didnt go well, they pulled it back and from what i read this needed to happen and was the right thing to do. Gonna wait a bit more. Not going to spend on VSTis anyways.

Eagleizer

05 May 2017

Ahh, its pulled...

miscend

05 May 2017

dioxide wrote:Sorry in a hurry so can't read through. Has anyone else noticed the pitch of the synth changes if you change sample rate?
Yes it's a bug, mentioned on this thread, which is why it's been pulled from the shop.

miscend

05 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

The lack of menus is very similar to the filter selection in the first version of Expanse. You have to click on a display field that shows the name of the waveform (filter type in the early version of Expanse) and then you can drag the mouse to "flip trough" the different options. The problem is that you do not see what all the options are, so it can be difficult to find the one you want. I think Expanse also had this kind of behavior for selecting the wavetables, but I am not sure.

Blamsoft fixed this in the first main update of Expanse as far as I recall, hopefully Reveal will do the same with Spire.
Maybe this built this using the old SDK?

Who was beta testing this? The usual guys would have picked all these problems up.

Kuranes

05 May 2017

Before - from reading my previous post - someone gets the impression, that I'm a bit naive: There's no doubt, that Reveal Sound put ReSpire out too soon. But I assume, they were under great pressure: Having worked on ReSpire possibly more than a year, they - although they might have known, that this day would finally arrive sometime - they might have been taken by surprise, that Propellerhead announced the implemantation of VST before they could finalize ReSpire. And given, that they invested a lot of work into the development of ReSpire, there's no wonder that they panicked and feared that ReSpire would finally become a non-seller.

It's understandable, that many people were disappointed by Reveal's decision to put it into the market in that way. But I manage to acknowledge the work they've already done, and I trust their promise to fix the bugs, because if they failed to do that, that would be a major blow to their reputation.

In the end, I think, Reveal was shocked of the outcome even more than us.
Last edited by Kuranes on 05 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

lowpryo

05 May 2017

I hope they do resolve these issues soon. and I really hope it was a fluke rather than the intentional unfinished release that some people speculate. certainly they wouldn't have been teasing it for so long when it's that far away from completion, right? I'm definitely going to buy the RE instead of the VST, especially at that price.

EnochLight

05 May 2017

miscend wrote:
stp2015 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

Maybe this built this using the old SDK?

Who was beta testing this? The usual guys would have picked all these problems up.
Yes, it's built with the old SDK. Some people have reported using it in Reason 8.x... :( I'm convinced they didn't conduct an actual beta test with experienced Reasoners. This is noob stuff that generally would be caught quite easily.

stp2015

05 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:Yes, it's built with the old SDK. Some people have reported using it in Reason 8.x... :(
Yes, but popup menus are possible even in the SDK supported by 8.3, so the should be able to do it.

Loque

05 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Yes, it's built with the old SDK. Some people have reported using it in Reason 8.x... :(
Yes, but popup menus are possible even in the SDK supported by 8.3, so the should be able to do it.
Maybe they need some help from PH...
Reason12, Win10

riemac

05 May 2017

miscend wrote:Who was beta testing this? The usual guys would have picked all these problems up.
I guess that there wasn't a betatest. I mailed them in janurary that I would like to betatest and they told me, that I had been set on their beta list. After that sadly I didn't get a beta Invitation from them, so my guess is there was no betatest at all. Sad, because I would have liked to help make ReSpire as bug free as possible.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

I feel kind of bad for bashing this synth earlier in this thread, even though I still feel everything I said was true. It did come off as very negative.
Though I have to admit I did feel bad for the people who bought it expecting a fully featured working synth. The price and the hype could easily make people instabuy before trying it.

I just think it's a shame they pushed it out way too early. I think many will pay for a really good RE version even if the VST version is available.

Just went through some of the presets again. Some of them are really nice I have to say.
When/if everything becomes automatable I'm ready to give it a second chance, that is if I'll be able to trial a finished version now that I've started my trial period already.

Hopefully Reveal Sound take the time they need to finish it. I think we all want the RE version to be successful and the developer to continue making REs.

• Information