Please re vote! Last time you purchased an RE? Will you still support REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

When was the last time you purchased an RE? Will you continue to support REs?

Today.
1%
Within the last week.
17%
Within the last month.
14%
Within the last quarter.
6%
Within the last 6 months.
3%
Within the last year.
2%
Special: Only during sales and intro prices.
8%
Over a year ago.
3%
Never.
1%
I will continue to support REs.
40%
I am not sure I will continue to support REs.
4%
I am not interested in REs with VSTs becoming available.
3%

Total votes: 280
AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

12 May 2017

O1B wrote:Good thread for developers.

AirRaid, Lectric Panda, Blamsoft, DLD, JiggeryP, Lab:ONE, Quadelectra, Red Rock, SeligA, UnfilteredA, and Zvork, makes REs.... to name a few....

It'd better be Creative.
We have "plans"... :shh:
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

decoder

12 May 2017

Absolutely will continue... As long as they are offered!

O1B

12 May 2017

Oh, I know... I know... you guys are Good.
If I don't own all your stuff, it's 'cause the PH shop is so freak'n annoying to navigate.
(I really liked the old way better)

But, anyway --- I'll be watching. Thanks.
AirRaidAudio wrote:
O1B wrote:Good thread for developers.

AirRaid, Lectric Panda, Blamsoft, DLD, JiggeryP, Lab:ONE, Quadelectra, Red Rock, SeligA, UnfilteredA, and Zvork, makes REs.... to name a few....

It'd better be Creative.
We have "plans"... :shh:

remo101

12 May 2017

oh yeah, for sure.... cuz...

1-button download, hassle-free installation.
Better integration.
CV utlities.

...I've got my fingers crossed that props continue to improve the SDK and devs continue to make more pwerful RE's: I'm super-stoked about VST's like everyone else but I much prefer RE's given a straight choice.

kitekrazy

12 May 2017

Many REs do not have VST counterparts. Price need to drop on REs though because they can't really compete with VSTs. I will still buy them. Chances are great REs will work in Reason but many VSTs do have issues from DAW to DAW.

kitekrazy

12 May 2017

Hey I just got the Solaris bundle. Two synths under $20.

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 May 2017

Oberon and Alien seed yesterday.
Trialling Radical Piano and A-list guitarist.

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

22 May 2017

O1B wrote:If I don't own all your stuff, it's 'cause the PH shop is so freak'n annoying to navigate.
(I really liked the old way better)
Try https://www.airraidaudio.com/ for a clean, categorised list of all our REs!
Also this: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... id%20Audio

Cheers,

Dom
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

ltbrunt00

24 May 2017

Last six months I have spent almost $500.00 on RE's...We call that Prop shop addiction.....They keep releasing new (Great Stuff) all the time.

The last week alone I purchased the Mastering bundle, Respire, Radical Keys, GQ-7, Jiggery PS Harmonic Synthesizer. On top of a handful of Softphonic refills.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Oquasec

24 May 2017

My next synths will be oberon and respire. [Either July or August, reading their manuals in the meantime]
Purchased bout 9 racksynths in the last 3 months lmao. Will be unretiring vst format since they integrated those with Reason so I'm gonna be relearning omnisphere and tyrell.

Only Reason I'm passing on zebra is because of zebra 3 not being out yet.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Kalm

24 May 2017

Picked up RadKeys, ReSpire, and Classic Drummer last week. I'll be working with anything given to me.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

stratatonic

24 May 2017

If there is a great deal to be had on sale, and it's something I will use a lot, I will buy RE.
Kilohearts ONE was on sale for 19 dollars last year - great deal - but I didn't buy it as I had no use for it.
The last one I bought though was a year or more ago.

Jmax

24 May 2017

Last RE I purchased was RESpire. It had been a while before that. Did I need RESpire? absolutely not, but hey it makes me happy to have a nice new shiny toy. We all work hard for our money and should be able to buy the toys we want.

That being said, with VST here and all the Kontakt libraries I have. I won't have much desire to by any new synths. More to just get busy finishing tracks. I do feel guilty sometimes that I 'buy' more then I 'make'. That is something I'm trying to change.

MrMeeseeks

24 May 2017

They should all do what synapse do and sell the re and vst as one purchase if a vst version is available, best of all worlds and shows zero greed from Devs.

scratchnsnifff

24 May 2017

Jmax wrote:Last RE I purchased was RESpire. It had been a while before that. Did I need RESpire? absolutely not, but hey it makes me happy to have a nice new shiny toy. We all work hard for our money and should be able to buy the toys we want.

That being said, with VST here and all the Kontakt libraries I have. I won't have much desire to by any new synths. More to just get busy finishing tracks. I do feel guilty sometimes that I 'buy' more then I 'make'. That is something I'm trying to change.

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one, have told my girlfriend things like "oh il go get groceries tomorrow, left my wallet at work" yep I buy so many software products
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

24 May 2017

Yeah there's a few I want but it's funds. I'd still support Re if I had the cash.

I wouldn't mind the Synapse RM-1 Ring Modulator, Kilohearts Faturator, Synchronous, Parsec 2, Redominator, Selig DeEsser, 4Dyne and C1 Alpha Compressor.

Resonans and Expanse as well.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Gulale

24 May 2017

Last time I purchased is not on the poll. It is December 2015
Gulale aka Bereket

Steedus
Competition Winner

25 May 2017

Last time was over a year ago. Deep Reverb when it was on sale. Before that, probably not since they first launched and I never actually use them (except for Deep Reverb!). I'll still keep an eye on new ones, but probably will only buy one if it's on sale, and only in a blue moon.

Galaxy

25 May 2017

Wtf!

I edited my poll to add options for the last two forum members to vote and it deleted all the results?

joeyluck

25 May 2017

Galaxy wrote:Wtf!

I edited my poll to add options for the last two forum members to vote and it deleted all the results?
Yes it warns that changing poll options will reset results.
Sorry.

rpowers9

25 May 2017

I think it may honestly drive me away from buying the big ticket items, like the new power house synths, anything really over like
$25-$30. I at least will wait to see how some of the big vst synths perform with reason before i go near them.

I have a boat-load of rack extensions too already that I have barely explored, so not in a hurry to drop a ton of money on the higher priced ones.
I only buy on sale, so that is sale price i'm referring to.

XysteR

25 May 2017

Why would anyone stop supporting what makes Reason great and VST's greater than any other DAW?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 May 2017

Yes I will continue to support REs, as long as developers don't try to sell me unfinished preview editions. At least put up a big warning sign telling your customers about all the stuff that doesn't work (yet). I know I'm being harsh but this behavior really rubbed me the wrong way. Just be honest with your customers.

Galaxy

26 May 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:Yes I will continue to support REs, as long as developers don't try to sell me unfinished preview editions. At least put up a big warning sign telling your customers about all the stuff that doesn't work (yet). I know I'm being harsh but this behavior really rubbed me the wrong way. Just be honest with your customers.

No I think your right. I'd really like to have ReSpire in the rack, but with all the mentioned issues I think I'll hold off. The problem for the developer in this case is they are offering an amazing intro price, but users have to buy in trust, meaning that issues will be fixed and features added in a future release. Once a stable and fully functional version gets released, those who held off will have to pay full price, unless the developer reduces the price back to $59 for a sale, which I highly doubt. The thing with intro/sale prices is the developer is establishing the "actual" worth of the product if the price is set quite a bit lower than the full price. I think there's a happy medium where a developer can set an intro price and sale price that will still hold value for the full price. With ReSpire being a $59 intro price, who will buy it at $189? If the full price is under $80 -$100 I could still see users buying it at full price. The only way to get away with maintaining full price value with that much of an intro or sale price is if the device is much cheaper, like a $30-$40 full price discounted to $15-$20 for a sale. Like the hardware world there's a magic price point, $500, for REs I think it's under $50.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 May 2017

i think I've got all the REs I need. now it's just a matter of waiting to see if any REs come out that i WANT in the future.

• Information