Please re vote! Last time you purchased an RE? Will you still support REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

When was the last time you purchased an RE? Will you continue to support REs?

Today.
1%
Within the last week.
17%
Within the last month.
14%
Within the last quarter.
6%
Within the last 6 months.
3%
Within the last year.
2%
Special: Only during sales and intro prices.
8%
Over a year ago.
3%
Never.
1%
I will continue to support REs.
40%
I am not sure I will continue to support REs.
4%
I am not interested in REs with VSTs becoming available.
3%

Total votes: 280
ltbrunt00

01 May 2017

I think the companies that are good at making RE's will continue to make great RE's.

You can't trial every VST you come across but you can Trial every RE in the shop.

With VST prices and library sizes I think RE's will continue to grow and in some cases easier on your pocket book. All of my RE's on my system are now at 24GB on top of 70GB of refills. I have one VST library that is well over 100GB and not nearly as good as all my Refills or RE's

I wonder what other tricks the Props have under their sleeves. Since this is a free update what enhancements will they add to reason 10 to get us to buy it day one of release.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Oquasec

01 May 2017

I still like Omnisphere/Zebra/Sylenth so Ima be using those regularly again when vst support official.
Omni being a 50gb library with a synth engine in it was also a plus.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Faastwalker

02 May 2017

I have my reservations about the future of RE's, even concerns we would loose access to them down the track (worse case scenario). But people on here have re-assured me my concerns are unfounded. With this in mind, and my love of Reason & RE's, I'll do my utmost to support RE. The best VST devices will not integrate into the Reason rack as well as the way most RE devices do. So I prefer RE's any day over VST's because of this. Having said that the way Propellerhead have handled VST integration looks to be far, far better than the way it is handled in any DAW I've ever seen. So it's certainly a feature I'm keen to play around with. Just not at the expense of RE's ;)

bepemixer

02 May 2017

Why the musician must sstop to buy RE after VST support?
Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

Bonkhead

02 May 2017

I have invested a lot of euro's in RE's so it'd better be something special to get my interest now since I already have everything i need.
I'm not happy with the fact I sold my fabfilter pluggins 8 months ago ......

When looking through al the free vst's out there i remember a lot of them being good, so I'll revisit them when 9.5 comes out and see how stabile everything is or isn't.

vectro

02 May 2017

I misunderstood the question by not reading all the options before casting my vote - and I can't change it?
Last time I bought a RE was last month, but it was not the VERY last time.

Karim
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

Bonkhead wrote:I have invested a lot of euro's in RE's so it'd better be something special to get my interest now since I already have everything i need.
I'm not happy with the fact I sold my fabfilter pluggins 8 months ago ......

When looking through al the free vst's out there i remember a lot of them being good, so I'll revisit them when 9.5 comes out and see how stabile everything is or isn't.
you've better to waiting for some Fabfilter sale like Waves (oh coincidence...[emoji15] ) is doing...

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

dhruan

02 May 2017

Will absolutely continue supporting REs! :) Bought another RE synth (Blamsoft's VK-2) last Friday.

Reason plus REs a music production platform offer so many benefits (plus I am already heavily invested in it) but I am also absolutely stoked by the fact that we get to use VSTs in Reason.

I hadn't touched VSTs previously due to being a "Reason only" kind of a user since version 3 but I am already having a blast with the beta and a few select free VSTs.

Will I buy VSTs? Hmmm, have to see, certainly a few key ones (Ohmicide for starters).
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Oquasec

02 May 2017

11:08 AM 5/2/2017, 2 Rack extension synths added to a huge collection.
filesystem:chrome-extension://fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl/temporary/screencapture-propellerheads-se-user-products-index-php-1493741409906.png
Producer/Programmer.

freyelise

02 May 2017

Just the convenience of getting everything from one shop, being able to download/update everything with one button, authorizing my workstation with one user account all speak for Rack Extensions over VSTs, IMO. Just bear in mind this is coming from a guy who barely knows what a VST is. Also I will continue to value Reason devices that have interesting stuff going on at the back of the rack as well as the front panel. (Although I've understood that the VST wrapper device will support CV and Audio input programming a la combinator.)

I have given up trying to keep up with all the new RE's that are coming out, so I have close to zero interest starting to drink from yet another firehose. :) I keep telling myself I should learn to use the stuff I already have before buying new toys.. That said, I have no hate for people who are excited about this new prospect - go nuts and I hope you enjoy it! And I did start checking prices for Kontakt versions.. just in case.

geronimo

02 May 2017

Would not it be rather the Refills that will end up being sulked ? :oops:

bxbrkrz

02 May 2017

-008' wrote:Last RE purchase was this week. Yes. I will continue to buy RE (and VST) that I want/need/find useful.

I was thinking if Reason supports VST, I wonder if the prop shop will too! I would buy VST in propshop if the delivery could even remotely resemble RE-style delivery.

It's a real buzzkill to buy VST from 20 different manufacturers, have 20 different accounts, passwords. And then all the "hoops" to jump through for some licensing..like downloading many different companies "service centers" and "license apps" etc.

IMO the way that the propshop and RE work is second to none. (Think new computer and re-installing of all your stuff. It's a nightmare in VST land. But in Reason it's ridiculously simple
And headache-free. ;))
RE is still the future, just like when you open a new iOS or Android device. Everything you owned is in sync with your account on your new machine. You don't go chasing every websites, old emails to re register every little apps.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

MDTerps2015

02 May 2017

Yes I will purchase RE's. Corbach (started late but consistent in releasing products) I will support, Synapse, JP (although the organs are cool, try something different), Kuassa, even though I know they make vet's ( i would prefer the always stable RE's) and Unless Papen comes out with something that absolutely not possible in RE's then I will buy his RE's and not vet's. I think a big deal is being made about nothing. I can't wait to see the comment boards the day after of how this vast doesn't work or isn't supported or something crashed. Im happy that they are because there are few and only a few of vst's I want like brighter from Waves, Vitamin, and CLA Vocals. Outside of that, Im happy with the RE format and ps I might go for some mastering mega suite like Isotope and then Im done. The developers for RE's worked really hard on what they make and what they do. I didn't mention all of who I look for new content from like Skrock, but I look for new stuff all time even if I don't use it.BTW, I have 250 RE'sjust because. I buy them just to say I have them. Kind of like a hobby. Love Reason and I know it just got better but Im still supporting the RE developers all day long.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Shokstar

02 May 2017

Yep, I'll buy REs in the future too because I like the open routing in Reason.

My favorite vst synths are still Harmor, Cyclops and Padshop.

dpcoffin

02 May 2017

Just upgraded from Reason 3 to 9—it arrived today—and I bought some RE's immediately, altho I have hundreds of VST's including Reaktor, my favorite plugin/software-for-music ever. Was planning to come back even before The Announcement; it just increased my interest, didn't cause it. It's the CV to MIDI out that did that.

moneykube

02 May 2017

just got Efektor, and Creme to coexist with Vermilion and the free refill in progress for such devices.... Re all the way... you know it is designed to work fairly seamless with reason... I am curious the vst crash ratio and dsp usage... but excited for the option of added vst as well
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DANADAX

02 May 2017

The last REs I bought were the Chenille and Steerpike V2 upgrades, back in March.

Other than that, I have 70 to 80 REs.

Before it was announced that Reason would support VSTs, I had been using other DAWs to get my VST/AU stuff to work. I have well over 300 VSTs and AUs.

I will continue to purchase REs and VSTs / AUs. I tend to buy whatever is on sale, plus whatever has the best discount value. I also keep a text file as a wishlist so I never lose count.

Some REs are unique and cannot be found as a VST or AU. I like how they are integrated into Reason.

The benefit of VST support is that this will reduce the amount of steps needed in my workflow, and it will probably reduce redundancy.

Unless I'm doing something really "out there" that requires firing up some of my weirder stand-alone programs such as Metasynth, the majority of what I do can be done strictly in Reason from here on out.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Last edited by DANADAX on 02 May 2017, edited 8 times in total.

Oquasec

02 May 2017

I think they believe RE is a garbage format.
I never thought this, because I don't know the format all to well outside of the stock plugs and synths like parsec.
Producer/Programmer.

Galaxy

04 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:I think they believe RE is a garbage format.
I never thought this, because I don't know the format all to well outside of the stock plugs and synths like parsec.

Who is "they"? People who use other DAWs?

Galaxy

04 May 2017

vectro wrote:I misunderstood the question by not reading all the options before casting my vote - and I can't change it?
Last time I bought a RE was last month, but it was not the VERY last time.
I changed the title to include the second question and enabled vote changing so you can change your vote if you like :)

PhutureD

04 May 2017

Last Re I purchased was one of the distortion units From Kuassa. That was this week. I love those devices,
even though I have some vst distortion units, they probably may never find their way into my rack because
of Reasons flexibility. The only devices I may hook up are some Synths and i havent purchased many VST synths.
there are only a few which I mainly use ( Renegade, Expand,Hybrid, Dexed, and some of the Free CM plugins )
I never rewire, because I tend to enjoy keeping the environments separated and it has worked out just fine this far.
The thing with VST support, its not a major thing for me,its more like a bonus, and some variety, should I wish to use them.
Having browsed through a lot of the VST sales recently ,it is tempting
but at the end of the day , i dont want to have thousands of devices which I will never , or may not use. Already began uninstalling
a whole bunch of them and keeping things clean. I will continue to support the Re side of things ,simply because of how well they integrate with
Reason. If and Re has a VST counterpart, I go with the Re, no reason to jump on a VST bandwagon simply because thats the new
thing to do.

GRIFTY

04 May 2017

Beginning of this year I had Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket so I bought the legend and expanse at the same time. That's the last time I bought RE's and it may be the last unless I get blown away. I'm eager to see players opened up. Eager to see some sampling devices/ chopping aids. We'll see

Oquasec

04 May 2017

Got expanse at 5:39 AM, 5/4/2017
One of the best synths I've had the pleasure of messing with period.
So guess what? you can make your own wavetables directly in the thing with the additive engine.
On top of loading anything into the wavetable section.
Producer/Programmer.

ReasonUser

04 May 2017

As of now I have little interest in the VST format. REs are where it's at for me. Perhaps if I become more than a hobbyist producer I will discover what VST could provide that REs can't (my guess is not much).

Edouardo

05 May 2017

I will definitely continue using and purchasing REs even if the VST supports proves to be fantastic and stable.
If I understand well, there will be a module (Serum) that acts as interface, and the VST will show up in an exterior window. That just adds a layer of complexity that could slow down the workflow (experience will tell). A well worthwhile complexity for the best VSTs out there, there's no question, but if I have the choice between a RE and the equivalent in a VST, I will pick up the RE.
Reason Tutorial Producer: https://youtu.be/_oMa1Q44CRA
Music Producer & Composer - http://www.synaptic-machines.com/
Music Catalog: https://soundcloud.com/synaptic-machines

:reason: :PUF_balance: :record: :re: :refill: :D :D :D

• Information