RE format future

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marco Raaphorst

29 Apr 2017

ok, my wrong, didn't know IDT allows more that one stereo output! thanks!

JerrelTheKing

29 Apr 2017

davidvilla wrote:For someone like myself, who has built a solid collection of VST synths and effects over the years, and who uses Reason primarily for composition, I honestly don't see myself purchasing another RE anytime soon, if ever again. What for??? I'm not a tweaker, I'm not a CVer either - don't use CV nor do I have any CV devices, not even the free ones. There might be a cool RE-only synth that might intrigue me every once in a while, but even then I have everything I need and more in my VST arsenal. I used to base my RE purchasing choices on devices to fill Reason's holes. Now I get to fill Reason's holes (ha) with the likes of Omnisphere and Serum and Sylenth and Zebra and Kontakt and the Valhalla reverbs and all things Slate AND FINALLY A HIGH QUALITY PIANO IN THE RACK GODDAMMIT (Garritan CFX)....

Maybe this will challenge RE developers to come up with truly innovative Reason-exclusive devices. Good luck to them.
I almost completely agree with this. Ever since the PUF days I've noticed Reason's biggest fans and defenders have always been cv enthusiasts and sound designers who scoffed at the idea of VSTi but with VSTi now in the rack people who love to just pick a great preset and have it sound amazing out the gate with minor tweaking can enjoy reason for simply composing and producing music. I will still purchase RE in some cases though,

ltbrunt00

25 May 2017

I love REs other daws probably wished they had a tightly integrated format like it.

I mentioned this before and will ask again. Is there anything preventing other DAWs from using the RE format.

Looking at cross DAW technologies like Ableton link and rewire. Could other DAWs take advantage of what the RE format has to offer.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information