Respire video!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bxbrkrz

26 Apr 2017

Audiotic wrote:Please don't get me wrong guys... I do think, that all effort in RE development should be appreciated and supported, but...

I don't know the original VST, but the sound/synth-use of the demo song doen't sound too impressive to me.
I guess there's much more to it!?
It is not too far off from the original Jarre song which makes it impressive to me at least.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Creativemind

26 Apr 2017

Looks great.

Another video though where the parameters in video aren't related to the music being played so don't affect it. I know it's only a teaser but it would have been nice if one of the music was altered by the tweaking.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

chk071

26 Apr 2017

EnochLight wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
Loque wrote:Nice. The mod matrix is very small and i want to see the Lady's back ;-)
The mod matrix isn't small; it's just that all the other controls are still clown-sized like in the original pre-alpha teaser months ago..
I actually prefer the larger controls like it is. I know it feels big in Reason's rack, but its large controls are one of the things that makes it fun to use in VST-land. Even in these preview videos, I don't think it looks bad. Sure, it make look out of place compared to Thor or Papen's Predator RE, but... eh - I don't mind.
Actually, i would say the controls are pretty normal for "VST land". It's just Reason stuff which always needs a magnifiying glass. :P
:reason: :rebirth:

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Apr 2017

EnochLight wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
Loque wrote:Nice. The mod matrix is very small and i want to see the Lady's back ;-)
The mod matrix isn't small; it's just that all the other controls are still clown-sized like in the original pre-alpha teaser months ago..
I actually prefer the larger controls like it is. I know it feels big in Reason's rack, but its large controls are one of the things that makes it fun to use in VST-land. Even in these preview videos, I don't think it looks bad. Sure, it make look out of place compared to Thor or Papen's Predator RE, but... eh - I don't mind.
I don't think it looks bad either. But one of the key premises of Rack Extensions was consistency, and throwing a huge VST-style UI into the rack breaks that.

I appreciate the rationale for larger RE controls, but I think oversized REs is the wrong solution. Propellerhead really needs to add a zoom feature to the rack (REs already have the higher-resolution UI assets needed), which will allow everything to change size consistently. A mixed bag of differently-scaled REs will just make things worse when Propellerhead finally implements rack zoom.

EnochLight

26 Apr 2017

fieldframe wrote:I don't think it looks bad either. But one of the key premises of Rack Extensions was consistency, and throwing a huge VST-style UI into the rack breaks that.
If you mean consistency as far as UX/GUI is concerned, then I can present a myriad of different RE's that not only break that, but literally throw it on the ground and spit on it. Rack Extension consistency was more focused on function and being a "native rack citizen" (so, automation, CV, patch browsers, etc), as far as I can tell.

Propellerhead relaxed the GUI/UX guidelines a long time ago.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

27 Apr 2017

As far as the GUI, the layout is quite the same, with moving some things down to the bottom.
Here's a GIF I shared in the other thread. I think the size is fine:

deepndark

27 Apr 2017

Audiotic wrote:Please don't get me wrong guys... I do think, that all effort in RE development should be appreciated and supported, but...

I don't know the original VST, but the sound/synth-use of the demo song doen't sound too impressive to me.
This is what I was thinking too. What's the hype about this?

chk071

28 Apr 2017

Reveal-Sound will be very happy that Reason supports VST now... :oops:

mrnicehat

28 Apr 2017

chk071 wrote:Reveal-Sound will be very happy that Reason supports VST now... :oops:
ohh, yes they must be very happy :x . Soooo much work in this RE-Version. Hopefully there are some accurate people out there, that they can sell some of their wonderful Synth. It will be the best, greatest and I think last BIG Rack Extension for the future. And yes, I will buy the Rack-Extension Version, coz I'm stupid accurate nice and not a hater :oops:

electrofux

28 Apr 2017

deepndark wrote:

Just tested it quickly in the light of the VST thing. Imho It sounds pretty nice. Very in your face. Dunno about the Hype but it seems to be a famous VST so there is some hype naturally. It seems to be light on CPU too.

joeyluck

28 Apr 2017

mrnicehat wrote:
chk071 wrote:Reveal-Sound will be very happy that Reason supports VST now... :oops:
ohh, yes they must be very happy :x . Soooo much work in this RE-Version. Hopefully there are some accurate people out there, that they can sell some of their wonderful Synth. It will be the best, greatest and I think last BIG Rack Extension for the future. And yes, I will buy the Rack-Extension Version, coz I'm stupid accurate nice and not a hater :oops:
Having the RE version in the rack is still better.

chk071

28 Apr 2017

It has a nice, spacey sound. Good supersaw, nice "punchiness" with the envelopes, and very musical, and versatile sounding. The resonance behavior of the filters could be a bit better, but the filters themselves have a nice character, and it also has a Virus modelled filter (Infecto) which is pretty nice. For analog type pads, it's one of my first choices. The Shaper effect section is nice too, as are the other effects. There are some slight downsides, like the, a bit, crude GUI layout, and synthesis options, but, IMO, it makes up for that in terms of sound, and also with its flexible architecture. The Mod controls for example are something i wished i had in most other synth plugins too. What it would need though are universal mod matrix targets like "All OSC's". Filter drive would be nice to have too. Other than that, great synth, and one of my absolute favorites.

deepndark

28 Apr 2017

electrofux wrote:
deepndark wrote:

Just tested it quickly in the light of the VST thing. Imho It sounds pretty nice. Very in your face. Dunno about the Hype but it seems to be a famous VST so there is some hype naturally. It seems to be light on CPU too.
I know I'm going to trial this before blindly mocking it down. Almost every synth can produce something useful and it's a plus when it offers something different soundwise.

EnochLight

28 Apr 2017

mrnicehat wrote:ohh, yes they must be very happy :x . Soooo much work in this RE-Version.
Reveal Sound were informed quite some time ago, and yet they chose to continue the RE version. :puf_smile:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chk071

28 Apr 2017

Good to know. And wise from Propellerhead to do so. :)

joeyluck

28 Apr 2017

EnochLight wrote:
mrnicehat wrote:ohh, yes they must be very happy :x . Soooo much work in this RE-Version.
Reveal Sound were informed quite some time ago, and yet they chose to continue the RE version. :puf_smile:
And very happy that they are :thumbs_up: There are still many benefits to having the RE over the VST.

Karim
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
And very happy that they are [emoji106]: There are still many benefits to having the RE over the VST.
I'll buy ReSpire for sure but I don't know if I'll buy more rack extension in the future. I have a HUGE collection of rack and so Vst . I'm done for at least one year...

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

decibel

29 Apr 2017

i will continue to support RE's, if they are good and priced well i will buy them

• Information