Blamsoft Zero updated to 1.3

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bsp

26 Apr 2017

Just updated Zero to 1.3

What first drew my attention was the "Sample Rate" knob on the back of the device. According to the changelog, it was added in 1.2.1 but I hadn't noticed it, yet.

This is an excellent feature since all envelopes are *way* more snappy/punchy at 192KHz.

Actually, "wow, this sounds like HW" were my initial thoughts.

This is going to be very useful for building drum/percussion sounds (among other things).

Just mentioning this in case others have overlooked this feature as well.

@blamsoft:
Thank you for the (free) update(s) !

Regarding the new (DX11/TX81Z/Prophet VS) waveforms: I take it that there currently is no way to scroll through them / assign a MIDI controller to the waveform selection ?

Maybe you could add a toggle button in the custom waveform display (right beside the "X" and waveform buttons) that, when selected, makes the synth use incoming MIDI events (pitchbend?) to select waveforms from the last selected waveform category ?
This would make patch editing / finding suitable waveforms a lot easier.
Just disconnect the MIDI (pitchbend) events from the soundengine while the "MIDI select" toggle button in the waveform display is active.

Loque

26 Apr 2017

bsp wrote:Just updated Zero to 1.3

What first drew my attention was the "Sample Rate" knob on the back of the device. According to the changelog, it was added in 1.2.1 but I hadn't noticed it, yet.

This is an excellent feature since all envelopes are *way* more snappy/punchy at 192KHz.

This is going to be very useful for building drum/percussion sounds (among other things).

@blamsoft:
Thank you for the (free) update(s) !

Regarding the new (DX11/TX81Z/Prophet VS) waveforms: I take it that there currently is no way to scroll through them / assign a MIDI controller to the waveform selection ?

Maybe you could add a toggle button in the custom waveform display (right beside the "X" and waveform buttons) that, when selected, makes the synth use incoming MIDI events (pitchbend?) to select waveforms from the last selected waveform category ?
This would make patch editing / finding suitable waveforms a lot easier.
Just disconnect the MIDI (pitchbend) events from the soundengine while the "MIDI select" toggle button in the waveform display is active.
I think you can drag in the display, but i dunno if it is remotable. Just played a quick round yet.
Reason12, Win10

bsp

26 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:I think you can drag in the display, but i dunno if it is remotable. Just played a quick round yet.
Dragging the display changes the "Op Shape Wave" modifier which has a different purpose:
Allows you to select a waveform from sine to triangle, to saw, to square, to pulse. This waveform is layered at each harmonic frequency according to the Harmonics editor
-- from the Zero manual.

But yes, instead of using MIDI pitchbend events for waveform selection, that toggle button I mentioned in my previous post could lock the current "op shape wave" setting so that dragging the display would select a preset waveform from the last used category instead. This would probably be even better / more user friendly.

Auryn

26 Apr 2017

bsp wrote:ust updated Zero to 1.3

Hey wow yeah I totally missed this... that's actually really cool!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information