F-16 question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

24 Apr 2017

So the beloved blamsoft F-16 filter, it has a couple audio inputs which I assume are for filter fm?? I'm going to assume that's the case and is there anywhere on the web where I can find out how to use it? I ask because I have another tutorial in mind where I want to make an expanse bass patch but I want it to incorporate filter fm :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

WongoTheSane

24 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:So the beloved blamsoft F-16 filter, it has a couple audio inputs which I assume are for filter fm?? I'm going to assume that's the case and is there anywhere on the web where I can find out how to use it? I ask because I have another tutorial in mind where I want to make an expanse bass patch but I want it to incorporate filter fm :)
I don't think those audio inputs are anything else than plain audio inputs. There are several of them because F-16 is a part of Blamsoft's Polymodular System, which can handle up to eight separate voices at any one time, but they all play the same role. There's no reference to "filter FM" in the manual either. I might be wrong but isn't "FM filter" a radio thing, like for filtering radio bands?

Loque

24 Apr 2017

The many inputs on F-16 are useful, when keyboard tracking filter is used. Note sure, if all voices are handled individually, that means 8 filters with 8 voices. The manual doesnt tell about this.
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2017

Maybe you are confuse with this? Has a similar name

Auryn

24 Apr 2017

Yeah, the F-16 has a filter FM input, it's the leftmost audio input on the back of the device. Mind you that this is a mono input (the input next to it is used to modulate the filter resonance, not the frequency). To use it first connect the F-16 to expanse, then connect the oscillator you want to use for FM to the leftmost input. It works best with monophonic sounds.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Exowildebeest

24 Apr 2017

F16 does have audio modulation inputs for both cutoff and resonance. It's basically the same as CV control, but at full audio resolution.

The many other normal audio inputs on the back are probably because it can work polyphonically, in a modular setup, but I've never used it that way.

scratchnsnifff

24 Apr 2017

Auryn wrote:Yeah, the F-16 has a filter FM input, it's the leftmost audio input on the back of the device. Mind you that this is a mono input (the input next to it is used to modulate the filter resonance, not the frequency). To use it first connect the F-16 to expanse, then connect the oscillator you want to use for FM to the leftmost input. It works best with monophonic sounds.

That's what I thought it was for, I know about the. 8 ins and outs but all the way to the left there are two single audio ins and I can't Think of anything else they would be :p also there's even one for resonance if I'm remembering correctly
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:So the beloved blamsoft F-16 filter, it has a couple audio inputs which I assume are for filter fm?? I'm going to assume that's the case and is there anywhere on the web where I can find out how to use it? I ask because I have another tutorial in mind where I want to make an expanse bass patch but I want it to incorporate filter fm :)
You can download the manual here http://blamsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... ual101.pdf

WongoTheSane

24 Apr 2017

Auryn wrote:Yeah, the F-16 has a filter FM input, it's the leftmost audio input on the back of the device. Mind you that this is a mono input (the input next to it is used to modulate the filter resonance, not the frequency). To use it first connect the F-16 to expanse, then connect the oscillator you want to use for FM to the leftmost input. It works best with monophonic sounds.
Oh, right, now the term makes sense! Thanks!

• Information