Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Nielsen

11 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Even when you put the according note into the sequencer?

D.
No, good point. However, I rarely use the according style phrase notes in the sequencer because it doesn't seem to work right when having the Scales and Chords player attached. I often use Scales and Chords with the A-List Guitarist since it's the only way I can figure out how to make the device fit into virtually any key and scale. Maybe I'm missing something on the A-List device itself.

ScuzzyEye

11 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Nielsen wrote:
11 Jun 2019
The selected style phrase always resets to default when loading a saved project with this instrument in the rack. Overall a great device but this issue is a pain. Please consider a fix Propellerhead.
Even when you put the according note into the sequencer?
I don't think this is a bug, just perhaps a misunderstanding how the device works. Phases are selected by playing a note. They do "latch" regardless of the latching switch. So it may seem like a state that should be remembered, but since it's the last note that was played, it's really not a valid value to be stored.

Think of the phase plus chord as two parts of a whole input. Don't rely on the last selected phrase, simply select one before playing any chord. If recording the chords into the sequencer, also record the phrase selections. I usually create two different note lanes for this purpose, as I think of them as left and right hands (I usually also create separate note lanes for bass and treble parts for piano too).

• Information