Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

mind2069

13 Apr 2017

wow, that looks horrible, is that the best PH can come up with, hope those verdane funds will go help the GUI department

Miguel da Wu

13 Apr 2017

Mmmh, I think it doesn´t look soo bad. Simple wood design.
Maybe a bit too expensive if you already own the other A-List guitarist. Or is there a discount?

SoulState

13 Apr 2017

Personally more interested in the sound of it...and so far (20 mins testing) it sounds good! :thumbs_up:

[Edit] Been on this for over an hour and this is better than good. It's supremely versatile. Bass notes feature - nice touch.
Last edited by SoulState on 13 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.
:reason:

ltbrunt00

13 Apr 2017

This device is a creative explosion in a box. I can do a ton of stuff with the finger picking. I love it. This and the metal A-list are my go to tools for this type of stuff. I just hope they release content packs for these in the future or add the ability to play individual notes would be Awesome.

now if we trial for 30 days is there a chance that it goes on sale in May for half off. I hate to think this way but I spend way to much money on Reason.

Thank you props for releasing creative tools like this.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Lov2sing

13 Apr 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:This device is a creative explosion in a box. I can do a ton of stuff with the finger picking. I love it. This and the metal A-list are my go to tools for this type of stuff. I just hope they release content packs for these in the future or add the ability to play individual notes would be Awesome.

now if we trial for 30 days is there a chance that it goes on sale in May for half off. I hate to think this way but I spend way to much money on Reason.

I think that if you count the cost of hiring a guitarist or paying for lessons you come out cheap with this; however I second it that I would love to get it on sale, for I have maxed out my money on Reason. Still I have no regrets over my purchases.
We make music for a reason

ltbrunt00

13 Apr 2017

Lov2sing wrote:
ltbrunt00 wrote:This device is a creative explosion in a box. I can do a ton of stuff with the finger picking. I love it. This and the metal A-list are my go to tools for this type of stuff. I just hope they release content packs for these in the future or add the ability to play individual notes would be Awesome.

I think that if you count the cost of hiring a guitarist or paying for lessons you come out cheap with this; however I second it that I would love to get it on sale, for I have maxed out my money on Reason. Still I have no regrets over my purchases.
I definitely don't have any regrets over any of my purchases. With all these RE's and refills coming out lately my dilemma is do I buy this stuff now knowing other rack extensions from major developers are coming out later in the year.

Assuming there is going to be a Reason update in a few months, will it be a must buy or something to skip this upgrade cycle. All this stuff cost money. With all these quality devices coming out no one wants to miss out unfortunately this last Christmas sale and first quarter releases have pretty much wiped me out.

Reason upgrades should be for free for those that consistently make purchases of their products. especially if you spent hundreds of dollars and show a consistent history of buying RE's or refills. The Reason Rewards Program.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

13 Apr 2017

99 bugs... PH wants quite a lot for their stuff. Till now i wasnt impressed much by the A-List stuff. Only good for some background. I gonna try this, but i am sure i wont pay 99 for it. Id rather spend the money on a good synth.
Reason12, Win10

FLVZ

13 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:99 bugs... PH wants quite a lot for their stuff. Till now i wasnt impressed much by the A-List stuff. Only good for some background. I gonna try this, but i am sure i wont pay 99 for it. Id rather spend the money on a good synth.
For the same price you can have this, VK2 or Legend. I think we all agree that while its a different instrument,it doesn't seem to be in the same league of RE quality. TBF I think Legend and VK2 are phenomenally well priced!

Revise

13 Apr 2017

Why work on a new sampler or combinator 2 when you can focus on these kind of REs? :lol:

Mystile

13 Apr 2017

I like it, probably gonna wait on the purchase but I can see it being really useful

JNeffLind

13 Apr 2017

Can somebody who's trialing it please list which chords are included. Pop chords included fewer chords than Acoustic guitar for example. Which does this have?

WongoTheSane

13 Apr 2017

JNeffLind wrote:Can somebody who's trialing it please list which chords are included. Pop chords included fewer chords than Acoustic guitar for example. Which does this have?
It recognizes maj, min, dim7, 7th, maj7, aug, b5, min6, 6th, m7b5, sus2, sus4, min7 and mmaj7. Compared to Acoustic Guitar, only the mmaj7 is new (but there's no need to enable the extended chord set on the back, they're all available from the get go).

JNeffLind

13 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
JNeffLind wrote:Can somebody who's trialing it please list which chords are included. Pop chords included fewer chords than Acoustic guitar for example. Which does this have?
It recognizes maj, min, dim7, 7th, maj7, aug, b5, min6, 6th, m7b5, sus2, sus4, min7 and mmaj7. Compared to Acoustic Guitar, only the mmaj7 is new (but there's no need to enable the extended chord set on the back, they're all available from the get go).
Awesome. Thanks.

Abstrax

13 Apr 2017

Revise wrote:Why work on a new sampler or combinator 2 when you can focus on these kind of REs? :lol:

Lov2sing

14 Apr 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
Lov2sing wrote:

I definitely don't have any regrets over any of my purchases. With all these RE's and refills coming out lately my dilemma is do I buy this stuff now knowing other rack extensions from major developers are coming out later in the year.

Assuming there is going to be a Reason update in a few months, will it be a must buy or something to skip this upgrade cycle. All this stuff cost money. With all these quality devices coming out no one wants to miss out unfortunately this last Christmas sale and first quarter releases have pretty much wiped me out.

Reason upgrades should be for free for those that consistently make purchases of their products. especially if you spent hundreds of dollars and show a consistent history of buying RE's or refills. The Reason Rewards Program.
I totally agree; however we purchase at our own need, so I doubt they take in consideration, but I do believe they should give back to those that help the company expand. If anything they could give a discount when you have purchased over let's say a mile stone number of 50 RE's ( free ones excluded). Then they would give a bigger discount when you reach 100 and every 50. This would go to your next purchase, or if you wanted to do it on the update you could or on another RE. Just a thought.
We make music for a reason

househoppin09

14 Apr 2017

Amen to that! I don't know why they even have a coupon code system. They basically never use it. I've spent literally thousands of dollars on Rack Extensions. Thousands. Month in, month out, year in, year out. I've contacted the Props asking about the possibility of maybe giving me a coupon code or a discount or something to show a little appreciation for that, and they just flatly refused. I don't see why they can't be a little more accommodating with this sort of thing. The regular sales are great of course, and the deep discounts offered then are much appreciated, but I still feel like people who are dropping enormous amounts of money there on a regular basis should be shown a little extra love.

arqui

14 Apr 2017

I would like this post to talk about the product and not the sales policies that would be elsewhere, sorry
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

WongoTheSane

14 Apr 2017

arqui wrote:I would like this post to talk about the product and not the sales policies that would be elsewhere, sorry
Agreed. Here's one ballad I made with Fingerpicking Nylon. Also includes Acoustic Guitarist, a bit of Electric Guitarist Power Chords, a Radical Keys, and an upright bass and brushes from the Reason 9 sound bank:

...and I think it's a fantastic device. It would have taken me hours upon hours of comping if I had tried to do this on my IRL guitar.

Le Boeuf

14 Apr 2017

Would be Nice if you could play seperate finger style notes on top, Like i suppose you Can With the bass notes. Havent tryed the RE yet, but im Pretty excited to trial.

WongoTheSane

14 Apr 2017

Le Boeuf wrote:Would be Nice if you could play seperate finger style notes on top, Like i suppose you Can With the bass notes. Havent tryed the RE yet, but im Pretty excited to trial.
You can, there's a dedicated Combinator provided with it. You can play any note individually, either long ringing ones, muted ones, or ringing then muted with the left hand upon release, or ringing then muted with the right hand upon release.

Le Boeuf

14 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
Le Boeuf wrote:Would be Nice if you could play seperate finger style notes on top, Like i suppose you Can With the bass notes. Havent tryed the RE yet, but im Pretty excited to trial.
You can, there's a dedicated Combinator provided with it. You can play any note individually, either long ringing ones, muted ones, or ringing then muted with the left hand upon release, or ringing then muted with the right hand upon release.
Oy, Pretty excited to get home and try this now!

Karim
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2017

Miguel da Wu wrote:Mmmh, I think it doesn´t look soo bad. Simple wood design.
Maybe a bit too expensive if you already own the other A-List guitarist. Or is there a discount?
I like A LOT and to me the sample quality are better than the other A-list gutars...

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

mguh22

15 Apr 2017

Anyone know if this is Reason 9 only? Not going to get chance to try it out until later this evening and it would be good to know!

WongoTheSane

15 Apr 2017

mguh22 wrote:Anyone know if this is Reason 9 only? Not going to get chance to try it out until later this evening and it would be good to know!
It isn't, it works on 8 at least.

• Information