Re-Strings

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Taff

12 Apr 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote: Sorry for sounding like an a-hole, but maybe next time try first and then buy?

Well we all mess up sometimes. Good luck with the refund. Hope it works out.

Oh definitely. It's my error, I accept that fully. Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

electrofux

12 Apr 2017

I would love to see props upgrading their servers. Downloading these big REs is a serious pain in the ass when downloads break all the time.

mbfrancis

12 Apr 2017

I love all these sounds, I already use JP's Retrospective all the time, as well as other Solina patches and samples found online.

I was disappointed however that I couldn't find a basic "Cure" / post-punk patch in the Solina folder. Everything sounds muffled. My band is covering Just Like Heaven (or Atmosphere)...which patch do I use?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

13 Apr 2017

noelcampbelljnr wrote:
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Just found a bug:

1. Create a RE-Strings in the Rack. It opens with the Init Patch playing ARP Quadra/ Phased Strings in Layer A leaving Layer B empty.
2. Play and hold a note. For my ears it sounds one octave too low.
3. Keep on playing the note and slowly turn the tune knob of Layer A down to -12. The pitch first jumps up 11 semitones and when reaching -12 it's exactly the same pitch as at the beginning.
4. Turn tune back to 0 and the pitch is now as it should be (IMHO).
5. Layer B shows the same behaviour.
I agree 100% i sent on to GForce but perhaps you should do the same to check the differences in operating system
GForce emailed me that the fix will be available as soon as it's approved by Props.

mreese80

13 Apr 2017

electrofux wrote:I would love to see props upgrading their servers. Downloading these big REs is a serious pain in the ass when downloads break all the time.
You're sure right. happens to me all the time. freezes halfway between the download. When it does this, stop downloading. Go into your account, click on what you were trying to download and hit download again. it takes a few minute after doing this and it's done. Props has a lot of problems. No matter how many times you tell them nothing get's done.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Taff

13 Apr 2017

Just had a reply;
I wish I could help you out but I'm afraid that refund on rack Extensions isn't allowed by our terms and agreements and so it is not technically possible for me to do. Truly sorry about this.
Oh well, just bought myself an expensive lesson in thinking before acting.

Mea culpa
Mea culpa
Mea maxima culpa.

craven

13 Apr 2017

Taff wrote:Just had a reply;
I wish I could help you out but I'm afraid that refund on rack Extensions isn't allowed by our terms and agreements and so it is not technically possible for me to do. Truly sorry about this.
Make a nice track with your favourite Re-Strings patch, so you get something out of it. In the end, the RE is pretty cool, even though I agree that most patches sound a bit similar. Signature patches are interesting as well, did you check those? And last but not least, create your own string patch from scratch. You might end up liking this RE after all :) Cheers!
:ugeek:

Pralijah

13 Apr 2017

Good to know one can not change mind after payment. So easy to push on a button. I have this as a "trial". Always testing before buying, as we are all so different in taste. Many synths are praised in here but when on trial, I realize it is not my cup of cake. I own ReTron but I will pass on this one despite the intro price. A lot of nostalgia in a device like this and I am sure one can sculpt some nice vintage out of it (will give it a real try later), but after randomly picking patches, it´s not overwhelming me in any way yet. But for those who recognice these old string machines and have heard them in real life and on records they love, I am sure this is a great RE. And I do love to see the developer back on the scene. Hope they bring in all they´ve got. And who knows if I end up buying this one later in another sale. One never knows. :)
Last edited by Pralijah on 28 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Make music shake again!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Apr 2017

Taff wrote:Just had a reply;

Mea culpa
Mea culpa
Mea maxima culpa.
That response you got isn't quite true. While devs do have no direct method to provide refunds, PH can, and regularly do; furthermore, they do not require developer permission to do so. Just ask PH directly.

nscerri

13 Apr 2017

Instant purchase after 15 mins of trial!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2017

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:

1. Create a RE-Strings in the Rack. It opens with the Init Patch playing ARP Quadra/ Phased Strings in Layer A leaving Layer B empty.
3. Keep on playing the note and slowly turn the tune knob of Layer A down to -12. The pitch first jumps up 11 semitones and when reaching -12 it's exactly the same pitch as at the beginning.
I agree 100% i sent on to GForce but perhaps you should do the same to check the differences in operating system
GForce emailed me that the fix will be available as soon as it's approved by Props.
There are a couple more bugs, could you have a look at this thread and confirm if you are seeing these issues as well..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7500012

I have opened a ticket with G-Force...

Cheers

Taff

13 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
That response you got isn't quite true. While devs do have no direct method to provide refunds, PH can, and regularly do; furthermore, they do not require developer permission to do so. Just ask PH directly.
That reply was from the Props. I didn't try contacting the developer.
Hello.

Best Regards,
Carl Carlsson
Product Support
Propellerhead Software

bsp

13 Apr 2017

The sample-set selection part of the UI is quite horrible. Wasn't it possible to use a popup menu for that ? (this is not an IDT, right?)

Well, the sample quality makes up for that I guess. The string samples are really nice for layering.

Here are some quick sound layering tests I made while trying out the RE in the past two hours:

The first one has some FX (chorus/reverb) on it, the second one is dry. Please excuse my shoddy keyboard playing ;)

bpmorton

14 Apr 2017

I'm disappointed they did not include the choir and organ sounds from the Korg PE2000. That was a machine I used back in the day.

pjeudy

15 Apr 2017

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
noelcampbelljnr wrote:

There are a couple more bugs, could you have a look at this thread and confirm if you are seeing these issues as well..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7500012

I have opened a ticket with G-Force...

Cheers
There has been updated released which has resolved a few of the issues with RE-Strings... That was nice and quick... :thumbs_up: :)

Taff

18 Apr 2017

Big thanks to the guys at Gforce, who promptly and politely expressed their sympathy for my rash purchase, but were unable to do anything about it..

Faastwalker

21 Apr 2017

I just re-synced my RE's & there was an update for Re-Strings. The full 2.2GB started downloading again.

Is this going to happen every time there's an update? Because that's going to ware thin pretty quick :(
Last edited by Faastwalker on 23 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

kitekrazy

22 Apr 2017

Deep Schulzz wrote:
geronimo wrote:What's the size for this Re-Strings, please ?
2,2 GB
So does it allow to put that on a different drive? Like RE on the OS and sample content on a storage drive?
After checking out this RE which is sample based I probably have enough refills that are its equivalent.

shropshirelad

25 Apr 2017

Taff wrote:Bought this and tried it, and , no offence meant to the makers, but I'm trying to get my money refunded.

Maybe just me, but everything sounds the same on it.
Tell them I'll buy it for 39 - I just missed the intro price - gutted!

lowpryo

25 Apr 2017

shropshirelad wrote:
Taff wrote:Bought this and tried it, and , no offence meant to the makers, but I'm trying to get my money refunded.

Maybe just me, but everything sounds the same on it.
Tell them I'll buy it for 39 - I just missed the intro price - gutted!
ouch! same. as much as i like the character of it, the lack of sonic variety does not make this a $79 device to me. hope they participate in the next big sale.

kitekrazy

25 Apr 2017

Taff wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote: Sorry for sounding like an a-hole, but maybe next time try first and then buy?

Well we all mess up sometimes. Good luck with the refund. Hope it works out.

Oh definitely. It's my error, I accept that fully. Buy in haste, repent at leisure.
Welcome to the club. Our membership is not small.

dhruan

26 Apr 2017

Dang, would have loved to buy that at the intro price... it is really nice for the sounds and nostalgia factor but 79€ much nice? Ummm... will wait for sales.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

• Information