Is there Randomizer in any RE device?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deepndark

10 Apr 2017

Matrix can randomize the notes in it's patterns, but otherwise I don't know any other device doing any kind of randomizing.
Is there any REs doing this?

Olivier

10 Apr 2017

Lectric Panda has several devices with randomization build in.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

FLVZ

10 Apr 2017

The Vibro synth by LoveOne has a patch mutator/randomiser which is particuarly useful, when used with the mask parameter that lets you choose which parts of the patch will remain unaffected when randomising.

Bumbum

10 Apr 2017

Olivier wrote:Lectric Panda has several devices with randomization build in.
THIS!
if you want some randomness, psq and fritz are the devices you need

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/fritz/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/psq-1684/

turn2on
RE Developer

10 Apr 2017

Many IDTs with modulations have internal positive and negative randomize source.
But think that you need external randomise RE

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

10 Apr 2017

SideChain ReAction has a randomize function; it randomized the envelope point controls and point 'types'. It only randomizes the points that are visible per 'layer' (ALL / LOW / MID / HIGH), so if you have say 15 points on ALL envelope, the randomizer (the dice icon) will adjust those 15 points positions and curve type (sharp / tight / smooth).

Will be looking at adding more things like this in future. However, it's usually common that any controls that can be randomized *normally* wouldn't get MIDI mapped / automated because of the conflict between the 'random' value and the 'recorded' / 'automated' control (we say normally because there might be cases where this could be allowed or even implemented)

scratchnsnifff

10 Apr 2017

In expanses mod matrix you can have random as a source to achieve random values for a given destination such as each key press triggers a random Wavetable position or modifier value :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

10 Apr 2017

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:SideChain ReAction has a randomize function; it randomized the envelope point controls and point 'types'. It only randomizes the points that are visible per 'layer' (ALL / LOW / MID / HIGH), so if you have say 15 points on ALL envelope, the randomizer (the dice icon) will adjust those 15 points positions and curve type (sharp / tight / smooth).

Will be looking at adding more things like this in future. However, it's usually common that any controls that can be randomized *normally* wouldn't get MIDI mapped / automated because of the conflict between the 'random' value and the 'recorded' / 'automated' control (we say normally because there might be cases where this could be allowed or even implemented)

Wanting to trial reaction :D does it come with the dubstep patches that were used in the promo video?? Also I assume each band can have external effects haha I am realizing I should have asked this in a different thread

madmacman

11 Apr 2017

Do you want random pitch or CV? The latter is simple: Look for random waveforms in the LFO, e.g. Pulsar or Pulverizer (Tremor).

Loque

11 Apr 2017

Vibro has some randomizing as well: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

11 Apr 2017

Slightly off topic but Lectric Panda has free refills for a few of Reason's synths (Thor, PX7, Parsec) that are generated (lots or randomization going on). I would like more RE developers to include randomization as a feature in their synths and effects!

Loque

11 Apr 2017

MannequinRaces wrote:Slightly off topic but Lectric Panda has free refills for a few of Reason's synths (Thor, PX7, Parsec) that are generated (lots or randomization going on). I would like more RE developers to include randomization as a feature in their synths and effects!
I would prefere a "Randomize Player" extension, that you connect on top of a device, press "randomize" and it randomizes all settings. A masking feature would be nice. But this would require PH to open the SDK to other RE and maybe the Player style stuff.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonistas
RE Developer

11 Apr 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
LABONERECORDINGS wrote:SideChain ReAction has a randomize function; it randomized the envelope point controls and point 'types'. It only randomizes the points that are visible per 'layer' (ALL / LOW / MID / HIGH), so if you have say 15 points on ALL envelope, the randomizer (the dice icon) will adjust those 15 points positions and curve type (sharp / tight / smooth).

Wanting to trial reaction :D does it come with the dubstep patches that were used in the promo video?? Also I assume each band can have external effects haha I am realizing I should have asked this in a different thread
Yes, those patches are included in the Fluxton signature patch folder. And yes, each band has individual outputs so you can send them to other effects.
ImageImageImage

scratchnsnifff

11 Apr 2017

Noel G. wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:

Yes, those patches are included in the Fluxton signature patch folder. And yes, each band has individual outputs so you can send them to other effects.

No way :D that's awesome I might just buy it because I know il use it, also the visual display of where the band splits are is a deal breaker for me

Voyager

11 Apr 2017

I love the matrix and i'm still heavely use it. I just wish props could release a Matrix II with some extra features in the near future, would be awesome.

Oquasec

11 Apr 2017

That could just be a right click option you know, on the devices themselves.
And a very good idea at that. Refill packer would be getting so much more use lmao
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Auryn

12 Apr 2017

~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2017

The Nektar has a randomise button :)

theshoemaker

15 Apr 2017

Nostromo will get one in the next V2 update

:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

• Information