Reasonistas SideChain ReAction Enveloper

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

07 Dec 2020

Noel G. wrote:
07 Dec 2020
Loque, first and foremost, thanks for the support! As antic604 said, custom displays use dsp and the compressor has none. We'll look into dsp usage on standstill and get back to you.
So do you see lower CPU consumption in alpha/beta version of high-res, GPU-accelerated Reason? :wink: :shh:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Loque

07 Dec 2020

Noel G. wrote:
07 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2020

Maybe. Just used one envelope and only simple ducking. No multiband stuff. If it uses 5 times the CPU of a compressor, i take the compressor. Only drawback is the "linear" routing, which means some things need to wait for others, which they didnt need to if everything can be really parallel.
Loque, first and foremost, thanks for the support! As antic604 said, custom displays use dsp and the compressor has none. We'll look into dsp usage on standstill and get back to you.
Excellent, thank you. If you need some information, let me know.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2020

Have you tried to capture the compressor CV using Panda's Shape LFO. Then hooked up to a vca. Possibly the lowest CPU usage?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

07 Dec 2020

Boombastix wrote:
07 Dec 2020
Have you tried to capture the compressor CV using Panda's Shape LFO. Then hooked up to a vca. Possibly the lowest CPU usage?
I was thinking about it, but i wanted to adjust it with curve drawing so i recorded it into the sequencer and automated a gain control, but it sounded unnatural.
Reason12, Win10

friday

08 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2020
So, thanks to the great new feature i enabled the CPU monitor and wow...
:o Hi Loque how do I enable the CPU Monitor in Reason?

Loque

08 Dec 2020

friday wrote:
08 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2020
So, thanks to the great new feature i enabled the CPU monitor and wow...
I think its in the Options menu...
Reason12, Win10

friday

24 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
08 Dec 2020
friday wrote:
08 Dec 2020

A littel late, but thanks for your feedback, I found it!

But now I am also aware that Reasonistas SideChain ReAction really is a CPU eater, it often is apart with diva on my workstation. I really like to sidechain, triggered by CV from the drums, with Reasonistas SideChain ReAction. But the similar thing can be done by Pump and that eats a lot less CPU. Still prefer the shaping possibilities of the SideChain ReAction with the Display, but would appreciate a CPU optimization update!

Loque

24 Dec 2020

friday wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
08 Dec 2020

A littel late, but thanks for your feedback, I found it!

But now I am also aware that Reasonistas SideChain ReAction really is a CPU eater, it often is apart with diva on my workstation. I really like to sidechain, triggered by CV from the drums, with Reasonistas SideChain ReAction. But the similar thing can be done by Pump and that eats a lot less CPU. Still prefer the shaping possibilities of the SideChain ReAction with the Display, but would appreciate a CPU optimization update!
Yea, i reported that in the according thread here and i wanted it to use as my goto side chain instead of a compressor, but than i noticed i can have 5 compressor for 1 SCRA.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

24 Dec 2020

What you can do is have one SCRA and use its CV-out to operate gain devices all over the rack - from a Lectric Panda AMP to a kHs Gain to a 6:1 to a combinator input, whatever you like. That way you get the easy visual tweaking of SCRA, with low per-channel CPU.

• Information