Mixfood ReMix

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pbc278

11 Apr 2017

pskovacs wrote:Thanks for the info about the update and unison mode... I thought my two month old laptop was starting to go on me! So far this synth has been an absolute joy to play around with, and look forward to being able to dig deeper.
Yeah, I'm realy sorry for the CPU load it can cause, but can't do much about it but explain how to address it more or less...
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2017

pbc278 wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
jfrichards wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down: ...
Fits nicely in my hodgepodge of synths...
It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide.

Over all they have delivered quite an interesting IDT RE and at a perfect price point...
A note on the GUI; because most controls are shared between GUI elements/panels (like all controls on the bottom of the synth) I'm limited in the type of buttons I can use (e.g. I can't use boolean switches, they can't be shared). Also on popupbuttons I can't use the fonts I wanted and I can't align the text the way I wanted.
Therfore I decided to make ALL knobs, sliders,switches,popup buttons into the same type.
They all are in fact KNOBS even if they look like a dropdownmenu or a fader.

Maybe it needs some ajusting to. I'm sorry for that. Overall This is the way I designed it, and have total control over the looks. Maybe in the future the technique to share other button-types will improve. Then I can work with that... But being able to have this much control over the GUI is realy nice to have when creating a device.

BTW I'm not done yet, still improving, listening to what is said here in the forum.. Just finished adding aftertouch as a MOD source (available soon), I would love to do some more work on the MOD destinations as well, but I've reached some limits in what I can build with the technique used (IDT)... I can only use so many MOD destinations and I've maxed out on them right now. So I can't have LFO's modulate other LFO's right now... This is also the reason why MOD MATRIX 6 and 7 can't modulate Cutoff and Resonance... (this text was just edited, to explain things a bit more).

Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Thanks for taking the time to reply, makes more since why the controls are acting the way they are, but the throw on the switches are too BIG, e.g. LFO 8 Sync, if it's off when you click to turn it on, you have to click it but move all the way up to the Sync button (knob) on LFO 6, something to think about in the future..

Loving the sounds which of course is very important in a sound device :D

pskovacs

11 Apr 2017

pbc278 wrote:
pskovacs wrote:Thanks for the info about the update and unison mode... I thought my two month old laptop was starting to go on me! So far this synth has been an absolute joy to play around with, and look forward to being able to dig deeper.
Yeah, I'm realy sorry for the CPU load it can cause, but can't do much about it but explain how to address it more or less...
No need to apologize! Keep up the great work!

wendylou

12 Apr 2017

Thanks for the ReMix update! It's very unique and sounds great!
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

jfrichards

23 Apr 2017

Wow, Bou, this Remix synth is fantastic. Goes perfectly with my stand-up bass and a Revival B3.
https://allihoopa.com/s/TcOuJcnm

• Information