Mixfood ReMix

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrofux

06 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
electrofux wrote:I am impressed how far the IDT has been pushed here. Like the sound, like the price - think its a steal.
The only thing that i think is problematic is editing on a global level is not supported, is it?

BTW is there list of Remote Items?

What do you mean by editing on a global level?

I have attached a list of remote items (just got this from their support team). Remote_Properties_Mixfood_ReMix_1 0.txt
Thx for file.

With editing on a global Level, i mean eg adjusting the release time for all 3 Oscillators, or delay dry wet etc. You need to get into every Osc as far as i have understood. But now that i have the list i am going to make a map for the BCR and this is not that of an issue.

jfrichards

06 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide...
I have the impression that the control design is for touch-screens. Like running Reason on a 19" iPad type thing, with no mouse, and eventually no keyboard. A certain amount of new technology is headed in that StarTrek direction. People who are moving Reason in that direction (iOS for example), will like what this device is doing. ReMix is a little bridge between the two worlds. Have you noticed how many 2 year olds use iPhones and iPads these days?

wendylou

06 Apr 2017

Many poly patches are power hungry when playing 3 or more keys. My iMac 4-core i7 stutters even at 44.1Kz with a 1,024 sample buffer. Anyone else experience this?
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

jfrichards

07 Apr 2017

wendylou wrote:Many poly patches are power hungry when playing 3 or more keys. My iMac 4-core i7 stutters even at 44.1Kz with a 1,024 sample buffer. Anyone else experience this?
Big time. I've been switching to mono mode all the time instead of Play mode. The universe has a limit on the pieces of triple chocolate cake allowed per meal.

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

Where do I find the requirements for this RE, along with others? I wanted to trial to buy but the shop won't let me trial and says I need to upgrade reason. I'm on 8.3. I'm taking that as I need to be on 9 but cannot find any requirement showing 9+ is needed?

jfrichards

07 Apr 2017

Expanse, Viking 2, and ReMix require Reason 9. Couldn't find where it says it.

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

Thanks for confirming, jfrichards. There's a good amount of RE's that state what version of Reason is required in their description, while plenty of others fail to note it. I also wanted to grab Kraft while it's on sale and didn't know I would be at a roadblock until I signed in to trial/buy since it's another one that has no mention of what version you need.

I have an additional question, but don't mean to derail this thread so I'll start up a new one.

wendylou

08 Apr 2017

jfrichards wrote:
wendylou wrote:Many poly patches are power hungry when playing 3 or more keys. My iMac 4-core i7 stutters even at 44.1Kz with a 1,024 sample buffer. Anyone else experience this?
Big time. I've been switching to mono mode all the time instead of Play mode. The universe has a limit on the pieces of triple chocolate cake allowed per meal.
Yeah, so I bought this, despite the occasional stutter on massive sounds, just because it makes so many lush, rich, unique, and evolving sounds! I can always record to an audio track to free up the computer processor to keep going. So many possible waveform combinations with this, I just couldn't pass it up. :puf_smile: I also own Mixfood's Ambi Nature ambiance generator. If you've ever searched the interwebs for birds, thunder and outdoor sounds to construct nature backgrounds for a song, that devices is makes it so much easier.

MDTerps2015

08 Apr 2017

I noticed it too. Looks like Reason is outperforming computer processors. Im not getting so much the stutter than I'm getting getting the crackling and popping. I also probably need to get a new set of headphones as my Sony 7506 are starting to rattle. Any suggestion on headphones for Hip Hop, R and B and basically bass driven applications? I love the remix though. I have everyone of Corbach's synths but ambi nature.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

electrofux

09 Apr 2017

I just bought and downloaded (took me the whole weekend) and installed it. It loads up, receives midi but i dont get any sound. There is no indication anything comes out of this device??

Edit: had to delete the RE cache after all the borked downloads. Now it works. Nice Sound some presets are CPU heavy though but overall extremely good value.

wendylou

10 Apr 2017

electrofux wrote:Nice Sound some presets are CPU heavy though but overall extremely good value.
I reported the heavy CPU issues to Studio Corbach. I think it may be due to the cumulative effects that get assigned for each wave that's causing the overload.

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

Hello folks,

I'm reading up on all the comments. This is what I will correct in upcoming updates:
-Patch level will be reduced.
-Where I can I will try to make the device less CPU hungry.

At this point the acceptance-testers at Propellerhead are testing a new version that will hopefully be less CPU hungry.
There are only a few things I can do about it because it's a sample based device and playing samples is CPU heavy apperantly.

When running in to high CPU values check this:
*Are AMP Envelope Release values too high?
*Use less Unison on Osc 2 & 3, setting the Unison to 2 instead of 4 will have positive effects on CPU usage
(maybe you can add a little chorus instead).

To explain, when setting Unison to 4 (or Oct 3) the Oscillator is playing 5 samples per note (1 straigt, 4 detuned and spread left and right).
So when using all 3 Oscillators and setting Osc 2 & 3 to Unison 4, every single played note triggers 11 samples, so a 3 note chord plays 33 samples (so polyphony is set to 64 to be able to play a reasanable amout of keys).
But when setting AMP Envelope release values high, it is very likely that there are 64 samples playing all the time.

So, I hope this explains a bit what can be done when hitting high CPU values.

Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

The Mixfood ReMix update 1.1.0 is accepted and will be in the shop soon. And available for download for the current owners ;-)

Update 1.1.0
  • 50 extra wavetables in oscillators 2 & 3 (oscillators now contain 250 wavetables each)
  • Volume turned down on most patches
  • Extra patches
  • Minor bugfixes
  • Uses less CPU
Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you regarding Mixfood devices!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... %20Corbach
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Majestik Monkey

11 Apr 2017

pbc278 wrote:The Mixfood ReMix update 1.1.0 is accepted and will be in the shop soon. And available for download for the current owners ;-)

Update 1.1.0
  • 50 extra wavetables in oscillators 2 & 3 (oscillators now contain 250 wavetables each)
  • Volume turned down on most patches
  • Extra patches
  • Minor bugfixes
  • Uses less CPU
Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you regarding Mixfood devices!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... %20Corbach
Thanks Bou ' ReMix is a Great Synth :thumbs_up: Since you have asked , A Mono switch on Unison ' would be Nice :puf_bigsmile:

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

Thanks Bou ' ReMix is a Great Synth :thumbs_up: Since you have asked , A Mono switch on Unison ' would be Nice :puf_bigsmile:
OK, that can be done... Next up a Mixfood Unison Update and sale. Maybe I'll renew the GUI also since I now master the ability to use multiple GUI designs in a device!
I added a bit of an easteregg to Mixfood ReMix by being able to change the GUI by turning the bottom right screw up and down ;-)

For Mixfood ReMix I also have a request to add Aftertouch to the Modulation source list. I think that is no problem at all.

Anyway, thanks for all the support. I must stress that I'm a one man band, so some changes may take a little time (next to my regular job and family).
There's a LOOOOOOT of work in making this kind of devices, so I hope you feel the love I put into it!

Thanks everybody!

Greets from The Netherlands.
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Majestik Monkey

11 Apr 2017

Thanks once again for the Mono switch in [ Unison ] :thumbs_up:

Unison is my Subtractor partner of sorts when seeking BassLines , & for me that Mono switch will be Key !

Ps Just messing with Remix & I see the obvious CPU "Reduction" Well done !
Glad you changed the Default preset too something more Perky & bright :puf_wink:

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

jfrichards wrote:Expanse, Viking 2, and ReMix require Reason 9. Couldn't find where it says it.
Added it to the Shop Page...
Thanks for metioning

Regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
jfrichards wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down: ...
Fits nicely in my hodgepodge of synths...
It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide.

Over all they have delivered quite an interesting IDT RE and at a perfect price point...
A note on the GUI; because most controls are shared between GUI elements/panels (like all controls on the bottom of the synth) I'm limited in the type of buttons I can use (e.g. I can't use boolean switches, they can't be shared). Also on popupbuttons I can't use the fonts I wanted and I can't align the text the way I wanted.
Therfore I decided to make ALL knobs, sliders,switches,popup buttons into the same type.
They all are in fact KNOBS even if they look like a dropdownmenu or a fader.

Maybe it needs some ajusting to. I'm sorry for that. Overall This is the way I designed it, and have total control over the looks. Maybe in the future the technique to share other button-types will improve. Then I can work with that... But being able to have this much control over the GUI is realy nice to have when creating a device.

BTW I'm not done yet, still improving, listening to what is said here in the forum.. Just finished adding aftertouch as a MOD source (available soon), I would love to do some more work on the MOD destinations as well, but I've reached some limits in what I can build with the technique used (IDT)... I can only use so many MOD destinations and I've maxed out on them right now. So I can't have LFO's modulate other LFO's right now... This is also the reason why MOD MATRIX 6 and 7 can't modulate Cutoff and Resonance... (this text was just edited, to explain things a bit more).

Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Last edited by pbc278 on 11 Apr 2017, edited 3 times in total.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

MDTerps2015

11 Apr 2017

pbc278 wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
jfrichards wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down: ...
Fits nicely in my hodgepodge of synths...
It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide.

Over all they have delivered quite an interesting IDT RE and at a perfect price point...
A note on the GUI; because most controls are shared between GUI elements/panels (like all controls on the bottom of the synth) I'm limited in the type of buttons I can use (e.g. I can't use boolean switches, they can't be shared). Also on popupbuttons I can't use the fonts I wanted and I can't align the text the way I wanted.
Therfore I decided to make ALL knobs, sliders,switches,popup buttons into the same type.
They all are in fact KNOBS even if they look like a dropdownmenu or a fader.

Maybe it needs some ajusting to. I'm sorry for that. Overall This is the way I designed it, and have total control over the looks. Maybe in the future the technique to share other button-types will improve. Then I can work with that... But being able to have this much control over the GUI is realy nice to have when creating a device.

BTW I'm not done yet, still improving, listening to what is said here in the forum.. Just finished adding aftertouch as a MOD source, maybe I can do some more work on the MOD destinations as well. But I've reached some limits in what I can build with the technique used (IDT)...

Kind regards,
Boudewijn Corbach
Studio Corbach
Dont change the colors. And five minutes later I go into the shop and there is an update. Not from what I requested but the amount of time from date of release to response. Thx Corb. I love your synths and I will bet that most others do too. They are different!!!!

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

If anyone feels the need to share patches that I can put into the next release feel free to e-mail them to me (info_at_studiocorbach.nl) zipped.
Also I need testers for a new device, e-mail your PH username then I can add you to the test team..

Thanks!
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

MDTerps2015

11 Apr 2017

Geez, you have a new device already. I guess I'm going to have to buy Ambi-Nature to complete my collection. Minot good at beta testing as I wouldn't know what to beta test, lmao. I know its pushing buttons and turning knobs along with connecting cords but I'm more of a plug, tweak and play.

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Geez, you have a new device already. I guess I'm going to have to buy Ambi-Nature to complete my collection. Minot good at beta testing as I wouldn't know what to beta test, lmao. I know its pushing buttons and turning knobs along with connecting cords but I'm more of a plug, tweak and play.
Testing means just trying it out (a beta version) and report any bugs or ideas to me ;-) in return you'll always get something nice...
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

MDTerps2015

11 Apr 2017

Always shyed away from things like beta testing because so many more people know more about it than I do but never say never.

pbc278

11 Apr 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Always shyed away from things like beta testing because so many more people know more about it than I do but never say never.
I just e-mailed you..
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pskovacs

11 Apr 2017

Thanks for the info about the update and unison mode... I thought my two month old laptop was starting to go on me! So far this synth has been an absolute joy to play around with, and look forward to being able to dig deeper.

• Information