Mixfood ReMix

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
riemac

04 Apr 2017

It seems, that Studio Corbach has a new wavetable synth in development:
001_MixfoodReMix_Front.png
001_MixfoodReMix_Front.png (427.32 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
On the YouTube channel are already three videos.

FLVZ

04 Apr 2017

Per osc mod matrix is a feature I love (unless thats a matrix for just the drive)! Kind of reminds me of the Kraft synth by Skrock.

Loque

04 Apr 2017

Hopefully there is a copy function, if the mod is per osc.
Reason12, Win10

TheMiles

04 Apr 2017

This looks beautiful :)

Exowildebeest

04 Apr 2017

Interesting look, very modern, not a cow texture in sight :D

MDTerps2015

04 Apr 2017

There are audio examples of this synth on his website. Pretty nice sounding. Actually I kept scrolling and there are videos on it too.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

PadShifta

05 Apr 2017

I like it much so far. The audio examples on youtube are promising aswell as the looks. There were a number of GUI themes displayed. It seems they were saved with the patches. But I wasn´t able to find any button or menu indicating how to change the looks of the GUI. Does anybody know where you change the looks?
Andy :-)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Apr 2017

Unless it's a working title, there's already a device in the rack called "ReMix" ;)

I'd be very surprised if that name is going to fly with PH as a 3rd party IDT RE, tbh.

Majestik Monkey

05 Apr 2017

Looks well KOOOOOOOOL ;)

:puf_bigsmile:

PadShifta

05 Apr 2017

PadShifta wrote:I like it much so far. The audio examples on youtube are promising aswell as the looks. There were a number of GUI themes displayed. It seems they were saved with the patches. But I wasn´t able to find any button or menu indicating how to change the looks of the GUI. Does anybody know where you change the looks?
Andy :-)
Hey all!

Erm...guess I found the skin switch. Just grab the bottom right screw of the upper panel and turn it to change skins of REmix.

YAY!! :puf_bigsmile:

Majestik Monkey

05 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:Unless it's a working title, there's already a device in the rack called "ReMix" ;)

I'd be very surprised if that name is going to fly with PH as a 3rd party IDT RE, tbh.
I'm Hoping your wrong on that point Mr Jig ! That name fitz like a gluv aesthetics wise ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Apr 2017

Majestik Monkey wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:Unless it's a working title, there's already a device in the rack called "ReMix" ;)

I'm Hoping your wrong on that point Mr Jig ! That name fitz like a gluv aesthetics wise ;)
Shows what I know :lol:

lowpryo

05 Apr 2017

wow I had no idea the 14:2 mixer had a name. weird! we'll see what happens.

Majestik Monkey

05 Apr 2017

lowpryo wrote:wow I had no idea the 14:2 mixer had a name. weird! we'll see what happens.

It won't work in Reason 5 :puf_bigsmile:

lowpryo

05 Apr 2017

the 14:2 mixer is still a valuable tool in Reason 9, and beyond!

Majestik Monkey

05 Apr 2017

lowpryo wrote:the 14:2 mixer is still a valuable tool in Reason 9, and beyond!

I know I still use it myself for Side chaining / Old skool way ' :lol:

PadShifta

05 Apr 2017

Just gave it a spin and for 25€ this is a real steal!! It´s a wonderful monster and worth far more than even the 45€ full price...
I am grabbing this one right now!
Hell yeah!
Last edited by PadShifta on 06 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

jfrichards

06 Apr 2017

Truly love this synth. Awesome secret switch to jet black. It's so powerful, I have to switch it to mono all the time cause I can't resist adding effects and modulations to all three sources. No wonder it's 1.8 gigs to download. For some reason it magically melds with guitar. I imagine it will be very cool with singing. Great complement to Parsec. Gonna be dangerous with players. Bought it after a one hour trial. Only $25 !!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2017

Over 50% of the patches are clipping and 99% are too hot.... :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

Like the usage of the waveforms in big on the back :thumbs_up:

A few different coloured skins :thumbs_up: HOWEVER

Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down:

Once you get the level of the patches under control, there are some nice ones there :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Interface really lacking drop down menu's :thumbs_down:

Fun to just mess about with, yes :thumbs_up:

Mod Matrix a little inconsistent and small number of options :thumbs_down:

Have not seen a device with so many LFO's :thumbs_up: but lack of where you can route them to :thumbs_down:

Would have been nice to have been able to route an LFO to control another LFO :thumbs_down:

Value, special intro price at 25, it's worth a punt.. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

electrofux

06 Apr 2017

I am impressed how far the IDT has been pushed here. Like the sound, like the price - think its a steal.
The only thing that i think is problematic is editing on a global level is not supported, is it?

BTW is there list of Remote Items?

jfrichards

06 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down: ...
Fits nicely in my hodgepodge of synths...
Attachments
April 2017 Reason.png
April 2017 Reason.png (832.08 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2017

jfrichards wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:...Does it really fit in to the scheme of the Rack, NO :thumbs_down: ...
It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide.

Over all they have delivered quite an interesting IDT RE and at a perfect price point...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2017

electrofux wrote:I am impressed how far the IDT has been pushed here. Like the sound, like the price - think its a steal.
The only thing that i think is problematic is editing on a global level is not supported, is it?

BTW is there list of Remote Items?

What do you mean by editing on a global level?

I have attached a list of remote items (just got this from their support team).
Remote_Properties_Mixfood_ReMix_1 0.txt
(14.05 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

jfrichards

06 Apr 2017

I can see why some views might be rejected, but my little nieces would be, "Put it back on pink uncle Johnnie, pleeaase!!"
I sure am having fun with it:
https://allihoopa.com/s/aTkr9RF5
Attachments
Strawberry Vanilla.png
Strawberry Vanilla.png (383.67 KiB) Viewed 2857 times

qn5

06 Apr 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
jfrichards wrote:
It's flat, just too flat and the controls don't really work as they should for that sort of interface, what I mean by that is the horse shoe options\buttons are more of a up and down switch where as they should be a push switch i.e. simple click, the sliders on the envelopes you should be able to click where you want the level to be not have to slide.

Over all they have delivered quite an interesting IDT RE and at a perfect price point...
My only real complaint in using this synth, is that exactly. Instead of toggle switches, it uses a slider for on/off on multiple parameters and that's just poor UI design. Otherwise, I'm digging the sound.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

• Information