Predator-RE Update out now!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RPSupport

31 Mar 2017

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that we now have available a FREE update for Predator-RE!

Latest version 1.0.17
Featuring new unison modes (on oscillator level) - Improved reverb code - 64 new waveforms - drag and drop modulation - 300+ new presets and Grouped parameters in menus. Plus other small under the hood stuff.

You need the latest version of Reason/Essentials to be able to update to this new version.

We have also got a 15% discount running throughout April 2017 for Predator-RE

Rob has also made a video showcasing some of the new features/presets etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Phk5gu7L0

Thank you

Richard
Last edited by RPSupport on 31 Mar 2017, edited 2 times in total.

eusti

31 Mar 2017

Got it! :)

Thanks for the continued support!

D.

Loque

31 Mar 2017

Appreciate this. Rob and his team rulz. Thx.
Reason12, Win10

Greev

31 Mar 2017

Nice! Thanks

Majestik Monkey

31 Mar 2017

Thanks RP Team , Well cool D&D n New 64 waves .... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Abstrax

31 Mar 2017

Yes! Any day an RP synth gets an update, it's a good day. I'm hoping vecto & maybe quad might get a similar tune-up as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2017

Nice surprise, thank you...

It would have been nice if the YouTube video was uploaded to a high resolution as it's hard to see the knobs\labels etc..

(Note to self, update the Nektar remote mapping)

mind2069

31 Mar 2017

I wish they took the time to redo a better GUI, something that look professionnal, like their VST version, with the latest SDK, nice things can be done.

Marc64

31 Mar 2017

I just love this Synth that is my absolut favourite synth, thanks for it Rob :)

Ashpool

31 Mar 2017

This was my very first RE and still one of the best Synths in Reason for me.
Great to see that the RP team is still working on it. Nice update :thumbs_up:

bjmatt

31 Mar 2017

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

decoder

31 Mar 2017

Thank you Rob Papen!
:puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

raymondh

31 Mar 2017

Fantastic update - thanks Rob & Richard.

A nice way to remind everyone about Predator too - it's been around for a while now, but still holds it's own as a great synth. Very powerful and versatile.

When I ditched the VST world, I really missed Albino, a silky smooth synth. Predator became my Albino replacement. It has a bit more of an aggressive sound, but does so much more.

DarkDog

31 Mar 2017

Welcome news thank you! Drag and drop modulation will make programming so much easier! It was always such a pain before with those huge drop down menus.
DarkDogStudios

www.darkdogstudios.com

MDTerps2015

31 Mar 2017

Got a question. Anyone in here upgrade yet because I did and most of the sounds in the fx Unison 4 and 6 have a clicking or popping at sample begin. I turned up the attack to see if I could get rid of it but to no avail. Any answers????? I also noticed that a lot of the patches were hot. The patching particular I was using with the popping was Jo Mal Gladiator.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

WongoTheSane

31 Mar 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:Got a question. Anyone in here upgrade yet because I did and most of the sounds in the fx Unison 4 and 6 have a clicking or popping at sample begin. I turned up the attack to see if I could get rid of it but to no avail. Any answers????? I also noticed that a lot of the patches were hot. The patching particular I was using with the popping was Jo Mal Gladiator.
That patch does indeed clip here if I play several notes at max velocity (but then, most of Predator's patches do, it might be because VSTs have different standards regarding default levels), but I don't hear clicking or popping. It might be how your audio interface or your headphones react to the clipping? Have you tried lowering the volume below the clipping level and see if the clicking still occurs?

MDTerps2015

31 Mar 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Got a question. Anyone in here upgrade yet because I did and most of the sounds in the fx Unison 4 and 6 have a clicking or popping at sample begin. I turned up the attack to see if I could get rid of it but to no avail. Any answers????? I also noticed that a lot of the patches were hot. The patching particular I was using with the popping was Jo Mal Gladiator.
That patch does indeed clip here if I play several notes at max velocity (but then, most of Predator's patches do, it might be because VSTs have different standards regarding default levels), but I don't hear clicking or popping. It might be how your audio interface or your headphones react to the clipping? Have you tried lowering the volume below the clipping level and see if the clicking still occurs?
Yes I did and it was still popping. Low DSP and nothing else is popping. I leveled to sound through compression and still got the pop and clicking. I found a few others doing it but only in the new version of predator. Well I hope its not just me having that problem. I have tried everything from increasing the attack to turning it down to trying to figure out where the popping was coming from in frequency. I couldn't isolate there but we will see. Thanks for the response and hopefully I can find a solution.

riemac

01 Apr 2017

Yes, I have the same problem, that with patches which use unison there is a popping and crackling noise. At first I thought this is an internal clipping in Predator, but lowering the oscillator volumen or the global volume doesn't seem to help. Now I think it has something to do with a dsp latency inside of Predator.

We all should write Rob Papen support an email about this problem.

WongoTheSane

01 Apr 2017

Are you both on PC or Mac? Windows 7 here.

riemac

01 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:Are you both on PC or Mac? Windows 7 here.
I'm on win 8.1
I' ve already got response from Rob Papen support, but it seems that they doen't have the crackling problem.
I'm not at home and will test further when i'm back and respond to Rob papen.

satyr32

01 Apr 2017

i would appreciate a gui update. i would even pay for it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

riemac

01 Apr 2017

satyr32 wrote:i would appreciate a gui update. i would even pay for it.
Yes, I have the same opinion as you. I would pay aswell for a good gui update with changable displays and the look like Predator 2.0 VST.
I would prefer an paid update to Version 2.0 in comparison to a new Rob Papen synth.

MDTerps2015

01 Apr 2017

riemac wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:Are you both on PC or Mac? Windows 7 here.
I'm on win 8.1
I' ve already got response from Rob Papen support, but it seems that they doen't have the crackling problem.
I'm not at home and will test further when i'm back and respond to Rob papen.
Im on Mac Yosemite 10.10.5. Still getting it.

Buddaka

01 Apr 2017

Feeling the urge to update my Reason7 with all these goodies lately :mrgreen: Great update, thanks team RP!

MDTerps2015

01 Apr 2017

riemac wrote:
Yes, I have the same problem, that with patches which use unison there is a popping and crackling noise. At first I thought this is an internal clipping in Predator, but lowering the oscillator volumen or the global volume doesn't seem to help. Now I think it has something to do with a dsp latency inside of Predator.

We all should write Rob Papen support an email about this problem.
You know I'm starting to think its the patches. I know for sure gladiator is one of them. I went back and deleted Predator and then re-installed. Everything sounds good but the few that do that popping and clicking.

• Information